Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: 2011.06.23 Casey Anthony "WOW" moment from the Defense Table- Video Included

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219

    2011.06.23 Casey Anthony "WOW" moment from the Defense Table- Video Included

    Did anyone catch ICA at the defense table "self-testifying" in front of the jury. She is shaking her head no, and goes so far as to mouth the word "wow". In case you missed it, this is my first attempt to catch something on TV, so please forgive the imperfections. It's only 2.5 minutes long.

    I didn't catch it while Cindy was testifying, but did see it on HLN later. I was quite suprised, and hope that Your Honour does not continue to allow this to happen. Whatever happened to showing no emotion? Both of these women - pieces of work, eh?

    Thoughts?

    Mel

    Link to video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyPmS4s-vLk"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony Wow moment on 6/23/11‬‏[/ame]

    Link to depo with SA LDB: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310276/detail.html


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation!!!
    Posts
    1,577
    I was quite taken aback when I saw this clip earlier

  3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bon For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
    "I wish to say what I think and feel today, with the proviso that tomorrow perhaps I shall contradict it all." ~Emerson

  5. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to You'reKidding,Right? For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    kaRN's Avatar
    kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Where the Mayor smokes crack
    Posts
    4,415
    Only ICA is allowed to speak to her Mother with such disrespect. How dare LDB

    Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

    Copyright that Cindy

    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    1,442
    All I can say is WOW

  8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mombomb For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10,434
    Quote Originally Posted by You'reKidding,Right? View Post
    Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
    WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
    I sure wonder what kind of medication it was --- remind me never to take it. It sure causes some serious memory loss. Or does it provide for a great memory once you start taking it (ie, when she changed medication she sure started remembering a LOT).

    Sooo confoosed.

    Mel

  11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    32
    I think the "wow" was genuine. I bet Casey heard that excuse her whole life - "It's because of my medication!" so she was probably taken aback that a prosecutor of all people would be the one to throw that in her face.

  13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sagsag For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,221
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    WHich is ridiculous because LDB was quoting CA from the pretrial hearing where she claimed she used a whole bottle of febreeze and put dryer sheets in the trunk, which she only now remembered because of her change in medication
    I wish you would trumpet this from the rooftops, lol. People believe LDB was being snarky when she was clearly referring to something pertinent. You could tell in Cindy's response that she was also perfectly aware of what the reference was about. JMO.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou


  15. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rural Alabama
    Posts
    2,489
    Was she mouthing wow or what she wanted/expected her mom to say? Like leading her mom.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,008
    On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

    Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

    JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.

  18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    9,948
    OMG! I never even saw that.

    I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    On top of which--Cindy's OWN LAWYER said that the reason her memory is better now is because she had a medication change. Like, did he get that idea from LDB?

    Anyway, I think they should put Cindy back on whatever medication helped her seem sucha sympathetic and genuine person her first time on the witness stand.

    JMO, of course--I'm not a chemist.

    RBBM - now that was funny!


  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    426
    Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hannahsnana For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,993
    Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
    Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
    Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

    o/t
    CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to twall For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    488
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    OMG! I never even saw that.

    I DID see the eye brow raise to her lawyers. I wish I could see that again.
    That eyebrow raise was a "wow" moment for me. I was keeping a close eye on ICA during CA testimony. IMO, they both had a bit of a supressed smirk they whole time. When ICA gave the eyebrow raise with a little grin, it seemed to me ICA was saying "see, I told you she would lie for me". That moment was huge to me!

  28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nephers For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Thanks Mel, I missed it! I don't watch the TH's on this case and very little news coverage. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield, it wasn't any worse than JB asking the FBI employee what other kinds of meaningless work she does for the FBI.
    Notice how CA was hiding a laugh when LDB asked her?
    Also, does CA smack her lips together when she is lying?

    o/t
    CNN's Robin Meade has a new country music album out, I never knew she was a singer until I saw her on CMT or GAC this past weekend.
    Many differing opinions on Dr. Lillian Glass (I happen to like her). She indicates:

    She purses her lips after she says that she looked up” inhalation.” That is usually a signal of deception. Casey looks surprised that her mother was trying to save her behind.

    Take it for what it's worth and with an open mind. I don't recall seeing her do that in the Zenaida depo, but I'd have to go back and look.

    Good on Robin for doing a music album - I had no idea

    http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/

    Hugs,

    Mel

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  31. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahsnana View Post
    Thanks for posting that, Melanie. I've been looking for the raw video of end of trial today where Casey was reportedly getting demonstrative. I've found the clips of attys and judge, just not the casey cam. Can anyone help?
    This is the end of the day clip, but I can't see anything. Maybe someone got a screen shot --

    http://www.wftv.com/video/28338524/index.html

    just fast forward to the end -- it's always fun to watch JP giggle

    Mel

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


  33. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    438

    I was looking forward to seeing this moment, I just hope the jurors saw it too.

  34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dragonlady For This Useful Post:


  35. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,226
    I thought Casey's reactions were being shown in real time. It looked like she was leaning over and whispering to her attorney like a gossipy schoolgirl as Cindy walked to the stand then the "wow" moment came when Cindy testified about looking up chloraform and the other things. Whenever it was, Casey really looked pleased and a little suprised.

  36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:


  37. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by You'reKidding,Right? View Post
    Thanks for posting that video. My impression was that Casey was reacting to the fact the prosecuter mentioned Cindy being on medication.
    yes, that's what she was responding too. raised her eyebrows and said 'wow' (as in low blow wow) in regards to the PA's comment about medication.
    Not-Guilty doesn't mean Innocent.

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mimmy03 For This Useful Post:


  39. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    312
    whoops, double post. sorry
    Not-Guilty doesn't mean Innocent.

  40. The Following User Says Thank You to mimmy03 For This Useful Post:


  41. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Culpeper, Virginia
    Posts
    3,195
    I stopped paying attention to KC cause she is a snore fest half the time and the other half she makes me want to do violence to my computer screen. Thx for capturing this so I don't have to look at her for extended periods of time on my own.

  42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:


  43. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    361
    Did anyone else notice, or think that Casey seemed very different today. Much more "coherent" like. Almost like a fog was lifted. I have seen her sit there stoic and zombie like, and very angry, and sometimes emotional.. But today .she seemed very "there"
    I am not sure , now that I have seen the video, that she was responding to Cindy, but rather to the medications comments. But even in her head shaking and "wow" ..she just seem more part of things..
    Of course it could be that she just felt her gluteous maximus slip out of the proverbial sling ?

  44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jstc4caylee For This Useful Post:


  45. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    12,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstc4caylee View Post
    Did anyone else notice, or think that Casey seemed very different today. Much more "coherent" like. Almost like a fog was lifted. I have seen her sit there stoic and zombie like, and very angry, and sometimes emotional.. But today .she seemed very "there"
    I am not sure , now that I have seen the video, that she was responding to Cindy, but rather to the medications comments. But even in her head shaking and "wow" ..she just seem more part of things..
    Of course it could be that she just felt her gluteous maximus slip out of the proverbial sling ?
    Maybe she got the news last night that momma was gonna fall on the sword for her. She did seem quite chipper and attentive! I was on the wesh chat this afternoon and someone said they could imagine her clapping her hands under the table (and saying goody, goody, goody like a 2 year old) as her mommy was testifying. I couldn't have agreed more!

    MOO

    Mel

  46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melanie For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Casey Anthony Legal Defense Strategies #2
    By NJ Lawyer in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 770
    Last Post: 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
  2. Casey Anthony’s Defense Misses Deadline-Blames prosecution
    By Tulessa in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 09:40 PM
  3. 2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included) #2
    By BeanE in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:08 PM
  4. 2009.04.09 - George Anthony Deposition (video link included)
    By BeanE in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 858
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 02:53 PM
  5. Casey Anthony could be going back to jail At ANY moment
    By Blue_Dolphin308 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 11:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •