996 users online (169 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Has the defense created reasonable doubt?

All of us have read and reread the documents and depo's we know this case like the back of our hands but what if you were a juror and only knew whats been presented. Yes, the defense has done a pretty crappy job in my opinion, and some things have been laughable like " a dog could have buried the bones" but if I was on the jury and only knew what has been presented, Cindy stating that she made the computer searches for chloroform would definately have me thinking. From a jurors point of view I would be like if Cindy made the searches but Casey supposedly killed Caylee with Chloroform, how could that be if Cindy was the one searching what would be the chance...ya know????? I think the defence won some points today in creating doubt, not sure it is reasonable doubt but, doubt regardless... do you think the defense has created reasonable doubt... now rememeber only one person has to doubt. What say you?
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

No, still can't get pass the 31 one days of NOT REPORTING CAYLEE MISSING!!! All the other is just blah blah blah..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Not in my opinion. A mother taking blame for a few computer searches is not enough for reasonable doubt. Now, if it were someone who had nothing to gain then I would give more weight to the testimony, but a mom incredulously screaming I did it, is just a mom being a mom. (An enabling mom, but still a mom) Most of these jurors will see that and dismiss the testimony as not believable.

Any doubt the defense team has created is unreasonable, not reasonable doubt- Just hope Juror #4 sees it the same way...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

31 days of lying about the whereabouts of her baby- no doubt at all. The jurors heard this first and they'll hear this last....and it is the strongest truth they know... They heard the callous defendant on video tape.

"Just give me Tony's phone number". "All they care about is Caylee".
    Nope, no doubt, reasonable or otherwise.

I'll reserve opinion on this one until I hear if CM serves up FBI agents and OCSO/LE for breakfast. Tomorrow is gonna be worse for the SA than today was. JMOO

I can't speak for the jury but as the case progresses my conviction of her guilt grows stronger and stronger, and my support for a merciful sentence grows weaker and weaker, especially since it had been strongly mitigated by my sympathy for her family. CA's latest testimony has undermined that immeasurably. The more I see of her the more chilling I find her, and the more I believe the case against her. I hope the jury will concur.

No. It has never been about the chloroform for me. I couldn't care one whip about it. The two things I cannot get past are the 31 days and the decomp smell. The DT disproves either of those things, then I might start thinking reasonable doubt. And we all know that isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeMedic View Post
    I'll reserve opinion on this one until I hear if CM serves up FBI agents and OCSO/LE for breakfast. Tomorrow is gonna be worse for the SA than today was. JMOO
    That ship has sailed. Judge Perry said NO to their testimonies - NOT RELEVANT. They will NOT be testifying.

And, just to add, it made my heart swell to see ICA absolutely livid that they were not allowed in. It's the small stuff in life that makes me happy.

Cool No Doubt Here

http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/q016.htm

REASONABLE DOUBT

The level of certainty a juror must have to find a defendant guilty of a crime. A real doubt, based upon reason and common sense after careful and impartial consideration of all the evidence, or lack of evidence, in a case.

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, therefore, is proof of such a convincing character that you would be willing to rely and act upon it without hesitation in the most important of your own affairs. However, it does not mean an absolute certainty.

- - - - - - - -

Has the Defense created reasonable doubt?

No.

Has the State proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt?

Yes.
    Justice and power must be brought together,
    so that whatever is just may be powerful,
    and whatever is powerful may be just.
    Blaise Pascal

Casey Anthony can give Pinocchio a run for his money. No reasonable doubt, just plain guilty. Lost all respect I was having for Cyndi Anthony. Where is this family in regards for sticking up for Caylee? None to be found.

Reasonable doubt as to what? Premeditation? To one or two jurors probably so. And that's all they could hope for.

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly1978 View Post
    All of us have read and reread the documents and depo's we know this case like the back of our hands but what if you were a juror and only knew whats been presented. Yes, the defense has done a pretty crappy job in my opinion, and some things have been laughable like " a dog could have buried the bones" but if I was on the jury and only knew what has been presented, Cindy stating that she made the computer searches for chloroform would definately have me thinking. From a jurors point of view I would be like if Cindy made the searches but Casey supposedly killed Caylee with Chloroform, how could that be if Cindy was the one searching what would be the chance...ya know????? I think the defence won some points today in creating doubt, not sure it is reasonable doubt but, doubt regardless... do you think the defense has created reasonable doubt... now rememeber only one person has to doubt. What say you?
    Didn't CA hold it together incredibly well for a woman whose alleged computer search into chloroform may have resulted in her Grandaughters death? WOW!
    I guess she and the DT brain trust didn't think through the implications of her lie. Imagine, if CA had never done that search......then maybe Caylee would have died 'of neck breaking' instead, in a staged 'home invasion'.
    No, the DT hasn't convinced me of anything except how damaged and dangerous their client is.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

GeekyGirl is offline I rock at Trivial Pursuit, just don't ask me where I left my keys.
    The defense has done nothing to change my position. Still think Casey is definitely culpable in Caylee's death, still don't think the state has met the burden of proof for murder.
    Disclaimer:My posts are my opinion only, unless otherwise stated, and I reserve the right to change said given opinion at any point in time.

Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic-Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Page 1 of 85 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast