Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I believe while JW knew of long QT syndrome, HT said she didn't know.
    "But how much she revealed about having Long QT syndrome was unknown. Her roommate, Hadar Tamir, said Tuesday that she was unaware of the heart condition until Jesse Wolff, Spierer's boyfriend, brought it to her attention after Spierer went missing."
    http://www.lohud.com/article/2011061...ocaine-alcohol
    From that statement we know nothing about whether JW knew. For all we know the same could be said for JW, maybe Mr S alerted him when JW reported her missing to the family and that was the first he knew..

TG, I followed one of your tweets several days ago to a neighbor at 5 North. MM is his Twitter name. What's your take on him and does he have those stylized sideburns?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    From that statement we know nothing about whether JW knew. For all we know the same could be said for JW, maybe Mr S alerted him when JW reported her missing to the family and that was the first he knew..
    HT says JW informed her of the condition after LS went missing. So it sounds to me like he knew, if HT is to be believed.
    Just my opinion

HT says JW informed her of the condition after LS went missing. So it sounds to me like he knew, if HT is to be believed.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out the vagueness inherent in that statement. If you tell me about it for the first time today, I could describe it as you having told me after LS went missing. Says nothing about WHEN after she went missing he told her, and certainly nothing about WHEN he first knew that information. just sayin
    Last edited by elmomom; 06-24-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: adding detail

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

This might also account for his (unique?) sense of urgency, given her (reported, I believe) need to take medicine every 24 hours.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AnalyticalExaminer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    I agree that is is the only reasonable explanation of why JW would think "missing" so soon the next day but only if he is innocent.. It's also possible to suspect that JW had involvement in her fate, and alerted her as missing quite early because of his knowledge.
    I agree completely. My point in general is that someone, or multiple people, knew something fishy was up. Just imagine how long it would take to even make the decision to file a missing person's report. It would take me a while to decide to take such a drastic measure for someone who was last seen just 11 hours ago.

And someone said her phone was answered by someone at Kilroys. I believe that would make me less suspicious of her MIA status. If I knew she left her phone somewhere, it would explain why she was not answering, and I would assume that she had crashed at someone's place. If I hadn't heard by that night that she was accounted for, then I would be concerned.

But for a police report to be filed by 3/4pm on that day? Seems like a drastic measure to take regarding a supposed party girl after a long night. Heck, if it were me on that bender, I could easily be asleep at a friend's house at 3pm. In fact, I would argue that should have been the assumption at that point, and the friends would have, in normal circumstances, have had a "she's probably recovering somewhere, I'm sure we'll hear from her soon" mentality. IMO.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sv614 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnalyticalExaminer View Post
    This might also account for his (unique?) sense of urgency, given her (reported, I believe) need to take medicine every 24 hours.
    I am actually surprised HT didn't know considering the need for medication. So that makes me wonder how regularly LS was in fact taking the meds.
    I don't believe long QT is one of those conditions for which you have to take meds, or die.
    Just my opinion

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I agree it seems a little early to file a police report on Lauren. Thinking back to my own college days, 5 yeas ago, there were so many times when we went out and everyone got drunk and split up and you didn't connect with them until late the following afternoon. I can see starting to become concerned by 3 PM but it seems really early to go to the police and say they are missing.

The other thing about this, and I grew up far wealthier and farrr more spoiled than these kids so I don't begrudge them at all, but if you feel invincible and safe and priviledged that tends to be evident in all of your actions. To panic at 3 PM and assume she was abducted or ODed or whatever just doesn't sound like the same group of people that feel comfortable walking barefoot at 2 AM or going to bed without knowing where their g/f is. I personally think the invincible college attitude is really normal and think that deciding she met with harm in the early afternoon is a little weird. I can honestly say it would have taken us probably until the following morning, at which point we would have been really worried, to contact authorities if someone went MIA. And I'm not religious, but I adore my friends, married my college boyfriend, and would be beside myself if anyone I loved came into harms way. It just seems like a leap for me to assume the worst so quickly, if you come from a lifestyle where you've never really experienced the worst before.

I am actually surprised HT didn't know considering the need for medication. So that makes me wonder how regularly LS was in fact taking the meds.
    I don't believe long QT is one of those conditions for which you have to take meds, or die.
    yes I agree. And several people were speculating early on that it may have been prominently reported (the Long QT) early on to influence people to come forward quickly

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Re: the informant rumor -- The rumor is that DR is a police informant. The rumor has (as far as I can tell) been perpetuated by one single commenter. Nothing about what the commentator is saying seems credible, therefore I think they're just causing trouble for fun. That same commenting thread has someone shouting that DR is the mystery man on the video b/c he apparently has sideburns; note that he is also not at all dark skinned. People just seem to be babbling/stirring the pot (like the taxi driver who has like 4 different stories about how he's connected to/has information about the case; again, not credible). These other forums/comment sections make me very thankful that the moderators here.

Anyone have a link to the press conference?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaEclipse For This Useful Post:

I can't get wish-tv to work...anything else?
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://www.wishtv.com/subindex/video/live_events_1

working now-so reload. it took awhile

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Link to live press conference please???

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I've seen cases where "kids" much younger than these have found the strength to talk come forward to the police or other adults if they have knowledge about a crime...it's not about age, IMO.

I think it's easier for the younger kids. I don't think it's an age thing alone as in the younger/the less responsibility we expect them to take. It's that college is a period during which a lot of kids break away from their parents' lifestyle, and experiment in ways that completely deviate from their parents' values and expectations for them. But they still care about their parents' opinions views of them. They may have gotten carried away by the freedom, and the choice they have now is not the same choice a younger kid, still living at home, and innocently witnessing a crime. Their choice now is to give away all of their own secrets, which can be some hefty ones and can affect their relationships with their friends and family forever.

I guess my point is, if any of these kids come across this forum, I would hope they would take from it that there are strangers and parents who would understand not only their wild college years, but also their hesitation in coming forward immediately, and that they could come forward now and be met with understanding and compassion.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlc For This Useful Post:

To report LS missing after ony 11hrs, and during daylight hours, shows drastic concern from the report filers. The girls certainly knew that there was a known prior underage citation, and that she was at Kilroys on Thurs nite/Fri am where she is not 21, and that these facts would come up evntually when filing the report. They were willing to do the right thing to report her missing, even when they knew (that if she was just found ..simply sleeping the hangover off somewhere) that more alcohol-related incidints would not be good for one's "record". Yet they must have sensed that something went really wrong that night.

Wonder how "normal" it is in Bloom, for a missing report to be filed 11hrs after missing, with as far as we know, no signs of forceful abduction, threats to LS, taking place.

The girls were scared and very very concerned that something was terribly off.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to monkey222 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast