1114 users online (238 members and 876 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Jamie Minor - 26 years old - Austin - 23-May-2011

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/f...-missing-woman

Updated: Friday, 24 Jun 2011, 9:32 PM CDT
    Published : Friday, 24 Jun 2011, 9:32 PM CDT
    Calily Bien

Family looking for missing woman

Austin police and family need public's help to find missing woman

http://www.kvue.com/news/Austin-poli...124525099.html

by SHELTON GREEN / KVUE News
    kvue.com
    Posted on June 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    Updated Friday, Jun 24 at 10:21 PM

Family and friends of an Austin woman missing for a month are appealing to the community for information on her whereabouts.
    Video at link

Unhappy

Body of missing Austin woman found

Austin police have identified a body found Saturday as that of missing 26-year-old Jamie Minor.

Minor was found in the exhaust vent duct work between the first and second floors of a building at 114 W. 7th Street that police say is an area not readily accessible.

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Body-...124613904.html

Police say her body appears to have been there for several weeks and that evidence on the scene indicates Minor entered the duct work on the third floor of the attached parking garage, traveled downward through the duct work, and became trapped.

Why would she feel the need to climb through the duct work? Sounds like there's more to the story.

Rest in Peace Jamie

Wow seems like there has to be more to this story. RIP Jamie

The building where she was found is a less than ten minute walk from the hotel that she got fired from the day she went missing. It's also near all the good bars on 6th St (which is where her friends reported last seeing her.) I'm guessing she parked in the parking garage before going drinking because it was convenient, and then after leaving her friends for the night and going back to her car, she climbed into the duct work...why? Did she see it and think it was an opportunity to rob the place? Does she have some kind of connection to the building? Was she following something (a kitten or other small animal...drunk girls are dumb, one of my friends once almost fell out a window trying to catch a lizard while drunk.) I suppose we'll probably never know.

Here's the Austin American-Statesman (newspaper) story:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/conte...g_woman_f.html

Minor was using the system as a way to access Perry’s Steakhouse restaurant, which is located in the Norwood Tower property area, to see a friend, police Cmdr. Julie O’Brien said. But Minor instead became trapped and died, O’Brien said.
    Poor thing. She'd been fired from her job for acting erratically, but didn't wait for her ride home. One can only wonder if "acting erratically" was a new development for her, or if it was a one-off thing because of something going on in her life.

RIP, Jamie.

I am not a chemist. And HHJP is not a potted plant.

Card-carrying member of the Casey Anthony Trial Survivors Guild

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-air-duct.html

"Jamie - who had a history of mental illness - was last seen on May 23 when she showed up for work as a hostess at the Trace restaurant at the W Austin hotel."

"the ductwork zigged and zagged inside the building and that Jamie managed to get trapped in an area she wasn't tall enough to get out of and couldn't move forward or back from. She may have been trapped there days or even weeks before she died and was in a part of the building where her calls for help would never have been heard."

Wow... no one deserves to die like that.

Oh my gosh, that's awful! Her poor family. They were out lookng for her while she was stuck up there alive. I can only imagine how they feel. Prayers sent their way and for Jaime.

Its hard to imagine her getting trapped. If she crawled in, how could she not back out? How horrible. I feel so bad for her friends and family. God bless them with peace....

Well, it said she entered the duct work on the third floor, and was found between the first and second floors, so when she got to a point where she couldn't go further down, she was trapped because she would have had to wiggle backwards, around corners, going uphill. I'm sure she tried, but it'd be impossible for pretty much anyone.

Strange and so tragic. Rest in Peace Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilightSparkle View Post
    Well, it said she entered the duct work on the third floor, and was found between the first and second floors, so when she got to a point where she couldn't go further down, she was trapped because she would have had to wiggle backwards, around corners, going uphill. I'm sure she tried, but it'd be impossible for pretty much anyone.
    And dark and slippery. If she was able to make any progress backwards, she probably kept sliding back down.

I think it is more likely she went down vertically. Say there was a drop that was 8 feet tall she went down. She got to the bottom and discovered she couldn't proceed any further. She is between 5-6 feet tall, so she would be unable to jump to get to the duct that had dropped her 8 feet. She has nothing to stand on, so she's stuck.

That's how I interrupted the data (she got to an area she wasn't tall enough to get back to I think is how they put it).

It wasn't that she couldn't maneuver backwards; she was too short to reach an area she had dropped down from.