Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeMedic View Post
    The only "flag" anyone questioned that day was the fact that there was a 4 foot chainlink fence around the pool area and the lock was secured in the hole with the gate latch "up" or in the open position, where you would have to unlock the lock to close the latch. Still an accident, but they happen... everyday, 24/7/365... otherwise you'd see very few ambulances anywhere. MOO
    Accidents do happen everyday and 911 is called everyday in light of those accidents. There is nothing in the circumstances of Caylee's death that points towards one of those everyday run-of-the-mill accidents. Not even close.

No one takes an accidentally drowned child and puts them in their trunk for days while they think of how to to dispose of them. There is nothing normal or accidental about that and it's insulting we are being asked to consider it.

But then that's probably why the defense team refuses to acknowledge the trunk was ever part of their ludicrous theory.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stargazer7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    My guess is it's supposed to depict that Caylee was able to unlock and open the sliding glass door on her own in order to get out to the pool. This, despite the prior testimony that the doors were child-proofed.

MOO
    In addition to the photo we have this...

Cindy said: Caylee was able to and did open that door on her own.

Cindy did not say: Caylee was incapable of opening that door on her own.

The photo and testimony sets the stage for a possible accidental drowning while Caylee was unattended.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hot Dogs For This Useful Post:

also remember that when little Caylees remains were found they had her measurements -Please think logically about this - do you not think that the DT team would jeopardize the whole trial by tampering with a photo? If they were so insistent all they would have had to say is that Caylee could open the door by standing on a stool/chair/or whatever!

The photo is not a bombshell to the DT !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pipkins For This Useful Post:

The only thing about that photo that looks odd to me is how high the electrical outlet is. Most of the ones I've seen are closer to the floor but I've seen them higher in older houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer7 View Post
    Accidents do happen everyday and 911 is called everyday in light of those accidents. There is nothing in the circumstances of Caylee's death that points towards one of those everyday run-of-the-mill accidents. Not even close.

No one takes an accidentally drowned child and puts them in their trunk for days while they think of how to to dispose of them. There is nothing normal or accidental about that and it's insulting we are being asked to consider it.

But then that's probably why the defense team refuses to acknowledge the trunk was ever part of their ludicrous theory.
    Very true, there is absolutely nothing accidental about a cover-up, but the charge in this case is 1st Degree Murder, and that is the element that must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. A cover-up following an accident, is not a murder, if that's what happened. JMOO

Have fun... the tone seems to be changing in here. See y'all tomorrow!

Anyone that doubts the capability of a 2 year old, especially if you are fixated on this case as we all seem to be, must watch this video. MOO

YouTube - ‪Four doors. One two-year-old. No contest!‬‏
    That was an excellent comparison...even though they are 'opening doors' and I think the Anthonys had sliders which I have (the handle needs to be in a certain position to open...for life of me cant remember so I'll look later ...but my memory serves me correct that kids could open (with a bit of force when taller) I used to lock with a key

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Dogs View Post
    In addition to the photo we have this...

Cindy said: Caylee was able to and did open that door on her own.

Cindy did not say: Caylee was incapable of opening that door on her own.

The photo and testimony sets the stage for a possible accidental drowning while Caylee was unattended.
    The question in my mind still remains: Was Caylee actually able to unlock and open that door on her own or is this testimony contrived for the purpose of setting the stage for an accidental drowning? I still find it somewhat ironic that a photo exists of her at the door.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Very true, there is absolutely nothing accidental about a cover-up, but the charge in this case is 1st Degree Murder, and that is the element that must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. A cover-up following an accident, is not a murder, if that's what happened. JMOO

Have fun... the tone seems to be changing in here. See y'all tomorrow!
    An accidental pool drowning of a child in Florida does not require a cover-up. A cover up that consisted of being put into plastic bags, left decomposing in the trunk of a car still being driven, duct tape around the lower half of the face and finally left in the woods to rot. That's a pretty gruesome cover up for the "accidental" drowning of a two year old child. It defies all logic.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Stargazer7 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pipkins View Post
    That was an excellent comparison...even though they are 'opening doors' and I think the Anthonys had sliders which I have (the handle needs to be in a certain position to open...for life of me cant remember so I'll look later ...but my memory serves me correct that kids could open (with a bit of force when taller) I used to lock with a key
    I tell everyone I know that they should install a simple cheap sliding latch at "the top" of any door that leads to a dangerous area. It should be at the highest point allowable to keep the little ones from reaching it... it also is one of the few ways you can prevent some sleep walkers from exiting their homes.

For all you parents (I'm one too) don't take a chance! Go to the nearest hardware store and spend $50 and actually child proof your home... it may be the best $50 you ever spend and you may never even know if or when it saved your child's life. MOO

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LongtimeMedic For This Useful Post:

The question in my mind still remains: Was Caylee actually able to unlock and open that door on her own or is this testimony contrived for the purpose of setting the stage for an accidental drowning? I still find it somewhat ironic that a photo exists of her at the door.

MOO
    We also did not hear something like this on cross examination:

Is it not true that your sliding glass doors have childproof locks, Mrs. Anthony?

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hot Dogs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pipkins View Post
    I think it was valuable just to demonstrate that people actually film their children opening doors.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    What I haven't seen asked (or answered) in regards to this glass sliding door. Having lived in the land of pools and glass sliding doors for my entire life, there is a must-have for these doors. All apartments and homes that I've lived in had them.

There is a "pin" in the top and bottom of the doors - where they meet in the middle. This pin runs through both frames and ends before the outside of the second frame (so it can't be pushed in from the outside). These pins make it impossible to open either door from either side - until the pins are pulled.

Why the Anthony's didn't have these pins or why it hasn't been approached at what security they did have on those doors is anyone's guess. Glass sliding doors are notorious for crooks to get in through and people here take that entry point seriously and do whatever it takes to make them secure.

Oh well, just a thought I've had since all this glass sliding door stuff came up.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    What I haven't seen asked (or answered) in regards to this glass sliding door. Having lived in the land of pools and glass sliding doors for my entire life, there is a must-have for these doors. All apartments and homes that I've lived in had them.

There is a "pin" in the top and bottom of the doors - where they meet in the middle. This pin runs through both frames and ends before the outside of the second frame (so it can't be pushed in from the outside). These pins make it impossible to open either door from either side - until the pins are pulled.

Why the Anthony's didn't have these pins or why it hasn't been approached at what security they did have on those doors is anyone's guess. Glass sliding doors are notorious for crooks to get in through and people here take that entry point seriously and do whatever it takes to make them secure.

Oh well, just a thought I've had since all this glass sliding door stuff came up.
    Good point! Whenever we're away from home for the day we put a bar in the inside door track as an additional security measure. I also recall there being another door that Caylee would have to go through to get to the pool; I believe GA testified to it. So even if she were able to get out the sliding glass door, what about the other one? Or are we to believe that while GA was home, he left both doors unsecured for Caylee to get out to the pool as well as leaving the ladder up?

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Safety features are only as effective to the extent that they are used.I had them on all my doors leading to the pool, but invariably on a busy day when everyone was in and out of the doors, they were left off so people could get back and forth.

So, even if the doors were child proofed they are 100% ineffective if they are left unpinned or unlatched. By code we had to have alarms on the doors, but they were deactivated the minute the inspector left. They were loud and annoying every single time someone walked through the door to the pool.So needless to say they were pretty ineffective LOL. I had no small children at home so I was comfortable doing so.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Good point! Whenever we're away from home for the day we put a bar in the inside door track as an additional security measure. I also recall there being another door that Caylee would have to go through to get to the pool; I believe GA testified to it. So even if she were able to get out the sliding glass door, what about the other one? Or are we to believe that while GA was home, he left both doors unsecured for Caylee to get out to the pool as well as leaving the ladder up?

MOO
    Plus, Ihave been led to believe (by JB's OS) that Caylee snuck out to the pool in the morning (possibly before GA and ICA were even up). But even if GA was up - doesn't mean he would pull the pin on the doors - unless he had to go out back for something.

In the mornings those pins (if they had them) would still be in from the night before.

I just find it odd that we haven't heard what security they had on those doors - if any at all.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast