1613 users online (371 members and 1242 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    rbbm.
    Includes instructional video.
    https://www.craneandcanopy.com/pages...spital-corners

How to Make Hospital Corners

When it comes to making your bed, there is no better way to create a clean, crisp look of a well-made bed than a tidy hospital corner. What’s a hospital corner? The term may sound daunting and trigger visions of well-kept army barracks or neat and tidy hospital rooms. However, when you break it down, making a bed with hospital corners is actually quite easy and not as hard as it sounds.
    The bed-making technique of folding hospital corners originates back to the 19th century and the profession of nursing. Nursing is a profession with a long history that was built on war-time and the military. During the 1850s, Florence Nightingale famously organized a group of women to aid the wounded during the Crimean War. Working for and assisting soldiers and doctors demanded nurses to be efficient, clean and organized in the war hospital. With a single sheet, hospital corners were used not only to keep the sheet firmly in place, but also allow nurses to easily change or resize the sheet without causing discomfort to the patient. (Note: The fitted sheet as we know it with its elastic corners would not be invented until the 1990s).

Posted by Claroon on a Hamilton thread. DMH Idiosyncrasies.
    Diane Werendowicz, 23, raped & murdered, Hamilton, Ont, June 1981

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9#post12924469
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=dUB...istics&f=false

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dotr; 11-09-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Posted by Claroon on a Hamilton thread. DMH Idiosyncrasies.
    Diane Werendowicz, 23, raped & murdered, Hamilton, Ont, June 1981

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...9#post12924469
    https://books.google.ca/books?id=dUB...istics&f=false

They are kind of small. What was of interest was his walking style. The walking style of the perp in the DW case was also quick and awkward as reported in 2 cases. howe walk.JPG

Does anyone on this thread know DMH's whereabouts in 1981? Or what alias he was using then? Could he have worked at dofasco in some capacity? Could he be the ravine rapist?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley8 View Post
    Thanks Dotr. Nice new detail about the lack of cigaratte odour or residue. I had read Lawrie saying 'neat' before. but I think this is new here? So given that Howe is thought to soon have been in Sault St. Marie and given the reckles nature of the crime (Sharin heard screaming or at least in distress by residents in house daylight abduction or luring walking right past Baptie). surely it is a strange crime scene. How would you get rid of the smoke odour? .

There is no way for us to know what Det. Gallant and LE know about the additional evidence linking Howe (beside DNA) to the room.... though well it was his room of course..

There is no way for us to know but I wonder if there is any way Howe was set up for someone else's crime? I realize this is not likely and maybe not possible. There is a long time 9 or 10 days between the date she is missing and the day she was found.

I am not sure how certain the Sault sighting is I have never seen details.
    I was reading up on this crime today and thought the same thing. If others in the rooming house knew his room was empty, another might have put the body in there. That was just a first thought that came to me. Hopefully the other tenants and landlord were vetted.

Quote Originally Posted by Claroon View Post
    I was reading up on this crime today and thought the same thing. If others in the rooming house knew his room was empty, another might have put the body in there. That was just a first thought that came to me. Hopefully the other tenants and landlord were vetted.
    Was is attractive about that theory is would explain why the case can't be solved. One thing about the house: I know of 1. howe (second floor) 2. the caretakers (where did they live?) 3. O.H. who knew Howe to drink with (third floor) 4. the nicaraguan (?) illegal imm. who heard the events but was afraid to come forward. (1st floor).

Unless some rooms were vacant there should be more tenants. For example Howe was renting just the one room on the second floor with a fridge etc Lots of other rooms in that biggish house.

Along with this theory I am interested in 1. someone named Mark Lane who lived there at least some time in the previous year..... to jump rather indirectly to the point is he related to the minister of Christine Jessop's church? I am not suspecting him by the way directly at least not necessarily. 2. someone who lived right across the street and is very very aware of the case.

It would be a major stunt to get Howe's DNA in? and/or? the body or the scene but not impossible. (Lure, prostitute etc.) Though maybe it is impossible I don't know the details LE knows. It is certainly improbable. But they could have paid Howe to disappear or killed him (invitation to go hunting, whatever). And maybe with his record if Howe found a dead body in his fridge he would just beat it.

I am interested also in the role of people from the girl's school or the boy's school nearby.. It was a great street for those with those predilections. It was also a street where a lot of writers lived. I will tie with up a bit another time

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18