1123 users online (229 members and 894 guests)  

Websleuths News

Wisconsin justice says court fight led to choking

Wisconsin justice says court fight led to choking
    The Associated Press
    Sunday, June 26, 2011 5:29 PM EDT

MADISON, Wis. (AP) A member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court's liberal faction has accused a conservative justice of choking her during an argument in her office earlier this month a charge he denied.

Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that Justice David Prosser put her in a chokehold during the dispute. She contacted the newspaper late Saturday after Prosser denied rumors about the altercation.

"The facts are that I was demanding that he get out of my office and he put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold," Bradley told the newspaper.

A message could not be left at her home listing, and her former campaign manager did not return a call from The Associated Press.

http://www.myqwest.com/news/read.php...org%3E&ps=1018

Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices David T. Prosser, Jr. and Ann Walsh Bradley... (AP Photo/John Hart, Pool
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

No surprise here....

For anyone who follows the woeful state of WI politics these days, this doesn't come as any surprise. Prosser is more crooked than Lombard Street in San Francisco. What an embarrassment WI has become this year.

I've posted my thoughts on this in more detail down in the political pavilion, in the public union thread. As someone who has been pretty immersed in Wisconsin politics for the last few months, I keep thinking I can't be more surprised by anything that happens...and I keep being proven wrong. I have my own thoughts on who is more credible in this, but either way...I'm saddened. I expect more from my Supreme Court justices. It's an interesting time to be living in Madison, WI...

Quote Originally Posted by RLynne View Post
    I've posted my thoughts on this in more detail down in the political pavilion, in the public union thread. As someone who has been pretty immersed in Wisconsin politics for the last few months, I keep thinking I can't be more surprised by anything that happens...and I keep being proven wrong. I have my own thoughts on who is more credible in this, but either way...I'm saddened. I expect more from my Supreme Court justices. It's an interesting time to be living in Madison, WI...
    Yes, I've been reading along with the public union thread in the PP, but have discontinued posting in the PP long ago. I've lived in many different parts of the country, and WI is my native state and I live in Madison as well. I never thought WI could be considered as backwards as many of the other regions in which I've lived. How preposterous that our state motto is "Forward". You'd never know it living here right now.