Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer case

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Thread #1

Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

A quick reminder before I sign out for a bit: We are still searching and we desperately need your eyes! If you are in town and have time to spare, please dress accordingly and sign in at McNutt beginning at 8 AM tomorrow. You will be fed and bug-sprayed and sunscreened to your heart's content. Please help if you can.

Good luck to all tomorrow! May tomorrow be the day.

Shockedandappalled, you say:

Interesting and what about the friend that was staying with him? What was he doing? What did he see?

Possibly LE is not releasing his identity after seeing what the public is doing to the other POI.

Who is this friend who was staying? Source?

LE has not released the identity of anyone.

Ltl
Wish I could help tomorrow but have to work. I will say my prayers as usual.

Reading the news:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28372732/detail.html

It seems that there is an interesting development. Based on the statement of his attorney: "He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities,"

Based on this, it appears that one of the POIs has not talked to the police directly, but rather "provided full statements" and passed a private polygraph, not one administered by LE. I find this troublesome. Avoiding to talk directly to the police (if that's the case) or the parents of LS is not something one would expect from a friend in a case like that. Hard to know why. Somehow, I dont believe that this POI is directly involved in the disappearance of LS. But avoiding to directly deal with the police, begs the question of why not. Does this POI know something that he does not want to disclose to the police under questionning? I am also wondering whether the police was able to obtain a warrant to do a forensic search of the places/apartments where LS was allegedly present before she disappeared.

Reading the news:

It seems that there is an interesting development. Based on the statement of his attorney: "He has provided full statements to the police and passed a polygraph that has also been provided to the authorities,"

Based on this, it appears that one of the POIs has not talked to the police directly, but rather "provided full statements" and passed a private polygraph, not one administered by LE. I find this troublesome. Avoiding to talk directly to the police (if that's the case) or the parents of LS is not something one would expect from a friend in a case like that. Hard to know why. Somehow, I dont believe that this POI is directly involved in the disappearance of LS. But avoiding to directly deal with the police, begs the question of why not. Does this POI know something that he does not want to disclose to the police under questionning? I am also wondering whether the police was able to obtain a warrant to do a forensic search of the places/apartments where LS was allegedly present before she disappeared.

Very interesting pic of Jay R. I hadn't seen that picture before - he looks EXACTLY how I pictured the description of the man in the witness statement from 3:38. I didn't realize he looked like that - very interesting.

FYI if anyone missed elmomom's post this morning- article mentions the friend who was staying with JR on the night Lauren disappeared. See page 2

Another friend from Rosenbaum's hometown was also staying at the apartment, said Tamir, who has spoken to Rohn and Rosenbaum.

Capt. Qualters did not respond to inquiries Friday about whether police were aware of, or had interviewed, Rosenbaum's visitor.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...-nets-few-leads?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|News

Well it must be not how this supposed witness pictured it, since apparently she was shown photos of POIs and hasn't recognized anyone.

since we are now in yet another thread I want to make a few comments/observations.

from all appearances all the key people in question were wasted that night, however one chooses to define the term wasted. I've been there many times in the past and I can tell you from personal experience that when one is in that state, details are lost. what I did, what I had to drink, how much I had to drink, what I might have said to someone, and the order of events for the night are lost. not lot due to any convenient excuse but when one is in a blackout, the brain loses its ability to remember deetails.

countles people are sitting in prisons doing time for crimes of which they have no recollection. countless people have woken up in a hospital bed not recalling that they drove and got into an accident. none of this amounts to any legal defense, it is just fact.

I don't trust anyones timeline from the night unless it was captured on a video camera. seconds become minute, minutes become hours and it is all a blur.

I seeriously doubt these guys could have had the presence of mind (or lack thereof) to have formed a plan at 4 something in the morning to dispose of a body. sure it is possible but I think it highly unlikely.

what appears to me (and I am not bashing Lauren) is that she was on a mission to party and it looks lik she wore out her welcome everywhere she went that night. the more sensible in the crowd called it a night around midnight. a handful of peope were (apparently) still awake at 4 a.m. that does not mean they caused her any harm. who knows what she did after she left that last known location. she could have met up with a stranger under the guise of someone offering a ride or even more party favors (if you know what I mean).

I just have a hard time believing that this group caused her harm or disposed of her body with so little time to formulate a plan, to actually carry it out, and still three weeks later, no one is spilling the beans.

Very interesting pic of Jay R. I hadn't seen that picture before - he looks EXACTLY how I pictured the description of the man in the witness statement from 3:38. I didn't realize he looked like that - very interesting.

Isn't this taken from his facebook profile? I believe this to be another case of sloppy reporting from MSM. Should be the other guy from the same pic.

That's pretty weak sauce to do a polygraph outside of police presence and then send them the results.

I mean, if you don't trust them and don't want to do one, fine.
But if you do one to exonerate yourself, you might want to just do it with LE so you can, you know, actually exonerate yourself.

I can't remember...has LE ruled out the 3:38 mystery man sighting? I know they interviewed the bar manager (twice?) and showed her pics of POIs. Did LE see the encounter on surveillance footage? Thanks.

thanks webrocket for your perspective on how a night of being wasted might play into any inconsistencies and confusion regarding Lauren's case.

Once again I would like to point to several places early on that LE said that they have SPOKEN TO ALL THE POIs.

JR may not still be willing to talk to them (and I wouldn't) but I can say that LE told us that they spoke directly to him early on.

If you really need me to back this up with links, let me know, I'm just too lazy to do it unless I really have to.

Reading the news:

Isn't this taken from his facebook profile? I believe this to be another case of sloppy reporting from MSM. Should be the other guy from the same pic.

I don't know - I've seen a pic of Jay, and he didn't look like that in the pic I saw. THIS guy looks dead ringer for the description given by the witness, the other pic did not.

I can't remember...has LE ruled out the 3:38 mystery man sighting? I know they interviewed the bar manager (twice?) and showed her pics of POIs. Did LE see the encounter on surveillance footage? Thanks.
They only said that they could not verify it with video of that particular place at that particular time. So, still in play, at least to me, but not to everyone here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni