915 users online (159 members and 756 guests)  

Websleuths News

WI - Lucy Wilbrandt, 39, found murdered, Milwaukee, 30 May 2010

Take your blood pressure meds befor reading This is just insane, this man should have LWOP:

Man gets 25-year sentence in slaying, sex assault
    e-mail print By Bruce Vielmetti of the Journal Sentinel
    June 27, 2011 10:34 p.m

A man free on bail for pending child-assault charges when he committed two other felonies last year was sentenced Monday to 25 years in prison for strangling one woman and sexually assaulting and choking another.

Mario Pineda-Gaeta, 37, pleaded no contest in April to second-degree reckless homicide in the death of Lucy Wilbrandt, whose body was found partially clothed and bruised in an alley in the 1500 block of S. 21st St. early May 30, 2010.

Investigators tied him to the homicide last October after matching DNA found on Wilbrandt's body to a sample taken from Pineda-Gaeta after he was arrested in another attack in June, about a month after Wilbrandt was strangled.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/124629298.html
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Man charged in May homicide

A 36-year-old Milwaukee man was charged Friday with strangling a woman whose body was found in a south side alley in May.

Mario Pineda-Gaeta faces one count of first-degree reckless homicide in the killing of 39-year-old Lucy Wilbrandt.

Wilbrandt, a mother of six, was found about 5 a.m. May 30 in the 1500 block of S. 21st St. No arrests were made at the time

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/104169568.html
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I saw this story earlier, mysticrose, and cannot figure out why he got such a short sentence. He was charged with 2nd degree reckless homicide, and 25 years initial confinement is, if I'm correct, the maximum sentence. No idea why that was the charge, though. I've looked for other media coverage hoping for an explanation and can't find any, sadly.

He seems like a serial killer in the making ..can he get even less time for good behavior?
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Quote Originally Posted by Silkprint View Post
    He seems like a serial killer in the making ..can he get even less time for good behavior?
    No. Wisconsin has a determinate sentencing system (phased in around 2001 or so, known as Truth in Sentencing, or TIS for short). The 25 years will be in prison, then he's sentenced to 20 years extended supervision (which is what used to be parole).