Identified! CA - Bell Gardens, Hispanic Male 1114UMCA, 45 -55, Jul'06 - Name withheld

Ambercat

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Unidentified Hispanic/Latino Male
Doe Network Case File 1114UMCA
LLoyd_006-00097-3199-011.jpg
1114UMCA.jpg

There are some really large discrepancies between the Doe Network listing and LA County Murders (associated with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department) website. He is not listed on NamUs.

LASD describes him as being a male Hispanic between 45 and 55, about 5’10, 160 lbs, with salt and pepper hair, and brown eyes.

The Doe Network agrees that he is a male Hispanic, but says his age is between 62 and 72, about 5’7”, 220 lbs, with short grey hair, and brown eyes.

The circumstances of his death are described similarly on both websites. On Thursday July 6, 2006 at 7:16 pm, the victim was walking through the parking lot of the strip mall, located at 5985 Florence Ave, Bell Gardens, CA when he was confronted by a male Hispanic adult. Without provocation, the suspect kicked the victim in the head, knocking him to the pavement. The victim sustained head trauma and succumbed to his injuries. The victim frequented the area and often loitered in the alley on Jaboneria Rd, north of Florence Avenue.

http://lacountymurders.com/wanted/Composite%2000097%2006%20Lloyd%2007-27-06.pdf
http://doenetwork.org/cases/1114umca.html

Despite the obvious racial difference, I thought (going by the Los Angeles County stats) that the unidentified murder victim bore a strong resemblance to Hamid Reza Dabestani who disappeared from Lake Forest, CA on May 14, 2006. He was 49 years old at the time of his disappearance and 5'10". Lake Forest is about 37 miles from Bell Gardens.
dabestani_hamid.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dabestani_hamid.html

That is a strong resemblance, and a good possible considering that the discrepancies between NamUs and DoeNet make the UID's vital stats unreliable.

LLoyd_006-00097-3199-011.jpg
dabestani_hamid.jpg

I assume that Dabestani is Iranian for whatever that is worth.

I assume that Dabestani is Iranian for whatever that is worth.

Yes, I did, too. I don't know if someone who was Iranian would be confused with someone Latino, that was one of the reasons I thought that they might not be the same person (prior to his death, witnesses saw John Doe loitering in the area. I wonder if any of them spoke with him and if they did, if it was in English or Spanish? Did he have an accent? What did they talk about?).

Hamid Dabestani's page on the Charley Project says that he requires medication daily for unspecified reasons and may be in need of medical assistance. I wonder if his health contributed to his disappearance?

I contacted both Los Angeles and Orange Counties about the resemblance between the Hamid Dabestani and John Doe (via e-mail and voice mail).

I received an e-mail from Daniel Machian of the LA County Coroner reading:
I wanted to let you know that this is not a match. The person who was found in Bell Gardens on 7/6/2006 has been positively identified and he is not the missing person, Hamid Dabestani.

I have also contacted the L.A. County Sheriff and notified them of the web site that you provided so that they can remove their bulletin from the web site.

This probably explains why he wasn't on NamUs.

Does anyone know who the suspect was? I heard he got arrested. From what that dead link indicates, the suspects last name is Lloyd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back