1026 users online (238 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee

I believe this to be one of the most important quotes of the trial. What do you think?

The only constant is change so embrace it as if it were your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemaster View Post
    I believe this to be one of the most important quotes of the trial. What do you think?

To me, that means that he believes that she did kill Caylee...now.
    Never regret anything, for at one time, it was exactly what you wanted

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

Quote Originally Posted by lowens1975 View Post
    To me, that means that he believes that she did kill Caylee...now.
    Agreed and it appeared that this was the conclusion that he wanted people to draw from it. This opinion wasn't solicited from him in any manner.

The statement was very telling and may have been to send a message to the jury.

I caught that too... wonder if the State will follow up on that in their rebuttal?
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by DIXIECAT View Post
    I caught that too... wonder if the State will follow up on that in their rebuttal?
    I think it is perfect left the way it is. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by love.child View Post
    I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.
    Sorry, considering the evidence and what we know ... I lack empathy for her.

George stated in the very beginning, to LE I believe, that he did not want to believe that he raised a child that could do this terrible act. (Paraphrasing there.) You can't blame him for that. I am sure he had suspicions but put them on the back burner. He did not want to believe that he would never see his Caylee again on this earth. He tried his hardest to prove that his gut instincts were wrong. Over the past three years he slowly came to the realization that there is no other explanation. It all leads to KC. All the terrible things he has said in the past was him sticking to his denial and still holding on to hope that his daughter did not do this. It was a slow and painful process for him to finally say what he said on the stand today. We saw it was tearing him apart to get those words out. Maybe now he can begin the healing process. I hope so.
    "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
    C.S. Lewis

Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemaster View Post

I heard him say it, so did Jeff Ashton, and I'm positive all 17 jurors heard it, too.

As did Casey Marie Anthony.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

He also said, Casey was the last to be with Caylee, and the last to see Caylee alive - 1 + 1 = 2.

He also said her car smelled like human decomp!
    Last edited by Softail; 06-29-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Bogart View Post
    I heard him say it, so did Jeff Ashton, and I'm positive all 17 jurors heard it, too.

As did Casey Marie Anthony.
    I think this may be as close as we'll get to an admission from any of them. No one from this family will be straight forward about anything.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

jmfstl is offline I am here for one reason "CAYLEE ANTHONY"
    Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.
    I totally respect your opinion on what was said. My feeling on this is as I said earlier today I feel that GA has definately had enough of this. He was constantly being treated like he was some kind of allful person who mis treated his daughter and sexually abused her. I think that anyone who is put into the situation that he has can only take so much. He knows that his daughter is the one that turned on him. Up to that point he was I think on her side. Although I do think he has always had suspicions that his daughter was involved.

I think we all should take a step back and think about what Casey has put this whole family through. I don't expect anyone to ever act in a certain way. I personally don't know how I would act.

I was really torn when GA broke down on the stand today. It bothered me to no end. I don't think I ever want to go through one of these kinds of trials again but unfortunately I think we all know it will happen again, possibly not in the same manner but I don't want us all to meet here next week under these same circumstances.

All said and done I do believe that little Caylee will get the final justice here. God bless all of you and say your prayers that this turns out the way it should for all involved.

Zoe Bogart is offline Let's not ask for the Moon, we have the Stars

The "loving" Anthony parents have been trying to save their daughter for three years. I think sitting in the courtroom day after day, three long years of attending hearing after hearing, being refused jailhouse visits, and now all the accusations have finally made them, or at least George, realize how truly vicious their daughter has become and she's trying to take down her family, too, especially her father.

Not trying to be disagreeable with you, only saying they have tried to help her in every way they could for three years: lying, giving the wrong items for testing, blaming innocent people, now their little monster is trying to blame them for her rotten deeds. Sorry, I think they've done enough for their evil one. Let's not forget, George was on the stand fighting for his life, his reputation. Why? Because his spawn of evil is trying to crucify him for her actions.

It's time for them to think about Justice For Caylee.

I see a lot of my mother in Cindy Anthony, too. A lot. But I can't identify with Casey, at all.
    My brain is copyright-protected.
    Please pardon any typos. I'm a lousy typist and an even worse proofreader.

Big Brother and the Thought Police have arrived
    1984 by George Orwell (1949)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

We differ in opinions but I respect your position on this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast