George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee

Chemaster

Reaction score
I believe this to be one of the most important quotes of the trial. What do you think?

George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee​

I believe this to be one of the most important quotes of the trial. What do you think?

George Anthony Says He Didn't Believe 'At That Time' His Daughter Killed Caylee​

To me, that means that he believes that she did kill Caylee...now.

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

To me, that means that he believes that she did kill Caylee...now.

Agreed and it appeared that this was the conclusion that he wanted people to draw from it. This opinion wasn't solicited from him in any manner.

The statement was very telling and may have been to send a message to the jury.

I caught that too... wonder if the State will follow up on that in their rebuttal?

I think that's a horrible thing to say. Yes it is very important. He doesn't know if she killed her or not. HE DOESN'T KNOW. So in effect he is telling the jury that her own father "feels" like she murdered the baby and so certain jurors will take that as parental intuition. And may convict her on that. I just think it's awful. A loving parent would try to save their mentally ill (or deranged) child from the electric chair. This says a lot to me about what kind of parent he was.

Sorry, considering the evidence and what we know ... I lack empathy for her.

George stated in the very beginning, to LE I believe, that he did not want to believe that he raised a child that could do this terrible act. (Paraphrasing there.) You can't blame him for that. I am sure he had suspicions but put them on the back burner. He did not want to believe that he would never see his Caylee again on this earth. He tried his hardest to prove that his gut instincts were wrong. Over the past three years he slowly came to the realization that there is no other explanation. It all leads to KC. All the terrible things he has said in the past was him sticking to his denial and still holding on to hope that his daughter did not do this. It was a slow and painful process for him to finally say what he said on the stand today. We saw it was tearing him apart to get those words out. Maybe now he can begin the healing process. I hope so.

Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.

I heard him say it, so did Jeff Ashton, and I'm positive all 17 jurors heard it, too.

As did Casey Marie Anthony.

He also said, Casey was the last to be with Caylee, and the last to see Caylee alive - 1 + 1 = 2.

He also said her car smelled like human decomp!

I heard him say it, so did Jeff Ashton, and I'm positive all 17 jurors heard it, too.

I think this may be as close as we'll get to an admission from any of them. No one from this family will be straight forward about anything.

Thanks everyone for letting me express my opinion and not jumping on me. I grew up with a mother exactly like CA, I identify with KC. And I was also cursed with blind empathy. Which is quite a burden at times.

I totally respect your opinion on what was said. My feeling on this is as I said earlier today I feel that GA has definately had enough of this. He was constantly being treated like he was some kind of allful person who mis treated his daughter and sexually abused her. I think that anyone who is put into the situation that he has can only take so much. He knows that his daughter is the one that turned on him. Up to that point he was I think on her side. Although I do think he has always had suspicions that his daughter was involved.

I think we all should take a step back and think about what Casey has put this whole family through. I don't expect anyone to ever act in a certain way. I personally don't know how I would act.

I was really torn when GA broke down on the stand today. It bothered me to no end. I don't think I ever want to go through one of these kinds of trials again but unfortunately I think we all know it will happen again, possibly not in the same manner but I don't want us all to meet here next week under these same circumstances.

All said and done I do believe that little Caylee will get the final justice here. God bless all of you and say your prayers that this turns out the way it should for all involved.

The "loving" Anthony parents have been trying to save their daughter for three years. I think sitting in the courtroom day after day, three long years of attending hearing after hearing, being refused jailhouse visits, and now all the accusations have finally made them, or at least George, realize how truly vicious their daughter has become and she's trying to take down her family, too, especially her father.

Not trying to be disagreeable with you, only saying they have tried to help her in every way they could for three years: lying, giving the wrong items for testing, blaming innocent people, now their little monster is trying to blame them for her rotten deeds. Sorry, I think they've done enough for their evil one. Let's not forget, George was on the stand fighting for his life, his reputation. Why? Because his spawn of evil is trying to crucify him for her actions.

It's time for them to think about Justice For Caylee.

I see a lot of my mother in Cindy Anthony, too. A lot. But I can't identify with Casey, at all.

We differ in opinions but I respect your position on this. :)

I agree and if you go back and listen he actually corrected himself. He started out saying "I don't want to believe" and corrected himself and said "I didn't want to believe..."

I think this may be as close as we'll get to an admission from any of them. No one from this family will be straight forward about anything.

I'm glad he made the statement the way he did and wouldn't want to hear his exact and detailed thoughts on her guilt. It would be too much to ask of a father even given the situation. JMO

I would imagine most parents would feel that way if put in a similar situation...ultimately...we as parents are to blame for our own childs actions..I know if my child did something real bad...I would blame myself for not teaching my child the correct path to follow...so I would imagine a parent being in a state of denial...giving the benefit of the doubt ...would only be natural..JMHO

KC was the last to be seen with Caylee and the car smells like decomp. Agreed. That does not rule out accidental drowning. Although the grief expert didn't get the point across very well, avoiding telling your crazy parents that their granddaughter that they love more than you died in an accident does not mean it was murder. Ask Marie Osmond about normal grieving. She went to Vegas and sang happy songs onstage right after her son's suicide. Is that normal?

I also believe that the world will be a better place with KC sitting behind bars and so will his family.
George knows she is beyond his help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31