IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
How to Become a Verified Member

Thank you

Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011.

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

257055720-08091055.jpg

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman
Lauren Spierer, age 20.
She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.
Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.
She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.
Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Media Links
Photos

Please continue here...

And now for something completely different...

What if some of the un-named POI aren't "friends" at all? What if they are mere acquaintances? Someone LS wouldn't be afraid of ?

A WS poster (sorry don't remember who?) raised the question earlier, what if CR was punched/accosted by a Smallwood staff member? CR was on the no-trespass list. The WS poster was positing that that could be a reason for the delay in the release of the security tapes.I seem to remember that BPD had to get a warrant for the release. I believe other area businesses gave up their tapes voluntarily. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Also, playing "what if": what if LS really did call DR about letting her into Smallwood and couldn't get through? She didn't want to wake HT because she knew her roomie had a class the next day. She's tired and still a bit drunk and really wants to sleep in her own bed and decides to chance the walk home.

Smallwood doesn't have 24/7 Security per their website, but they do have 24 hr maintenance and a lock-out policy ($30) plus and extra fee for "after hours" (also $30).

Would staff/maintenance know where security cameras are (and are not) located? Hmmm.

Interesting; Nextwave Management/Buckingham Companies/Smallwood posted an ad for a Maintenance Technician 13 days ago. June 16th unless my math is bad.
http://buckingham-co.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-17251.html

Posted by JJenny
What would be the possible reason for MB to claim she was there when she wasn't? Especially if somebody chased her and CR into the alley. None whatsoever. I can not believe a person would implicate himself as a POI if the girl never made it into his and CR's apartment. And after MB I assume JR is confirming that she was in his apartment. So not one but two people would implicate themselves as POIs if the girl didn't make it to their apartments? I don't find that plausible. Also, in that scenario, CR is a victim, so neither MB nor JR would need to cover for him.

For me, MB is covering for his buddy CR...not anything with LS specifically. CR tells his buddy, crap, she's missing and I don't remember what happened, so MB covers for him.
JR I can't really fit him in other than someone shows up at his place for help.

Thanks for your input, I'm really trying to think outside the box and why certain facts of the night are seemingly elusively handled by LE. :)

And now for something completely different...

What if some of the un-named POI aren't "friends" at all? What if they are mere acquaintances? Someone LS wouldn't be afraid of ?

A WS poster (sorry don't remember who?) raised the question earlier, what if CR was punched/accosted by a Smallwood staff member? CR was on the no-trespass list. The WS poster was positing that that could be a reason for the delay in the release of the security tapes.I seem to remember that BPD had to get a warrant for the release. I believe other area businesses gave up their tapes voluntarily. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Also, playing "what if": what if LS really did call DR about letting her into Smallwood and couldn't get through? She didn't want to wake HT because she knew her roomie had a class the next day. She's tired and still a bit drunk and really wants to sleep in her own bed and decides to chance the walk home.

Smallwood doesn't have 24/7 Security per their website, but they do have 24 hr maintenance and a lock-out policy ($30) plus and extra fee for "after hours" (also $30).

Would staff/maintenance know where security cameras are (and are not) located? Hmmm.

Interesting; Nextwave Management/Buckingham Companies/Smallwood posted an ad for a Maintenance Technician 13 days ago. June 16th unless my math is bad.
http://buckingham-co.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-17251.html

Smallwood is not without suspicion IMO. It's worth mentioning again that the owner/developer is in the same fraternity as JR. And...someone in Smallwood authority (manager/owner) was conveniently on vacation for the first few days of this case. I know this is a different route than what you posted, but I think yours is worthy.

Disclaimer: The best way to brainstorm is to allow input without automatically rejecting or censoring. With that, I offer this:

JR could be saying she was at his place and he saw her leave around 4:30 to make random abduction more likely.

While implicating himself (JR) as a last known person to have seen her for no apparent reason (if she actually never was in his apartment)? I really think that a chance of that would be nill to none. That lawyer of his doesn't come cheap. For JR to claim she was in his apartment if she wasn't really doesn't make sense.

This could also explain why LS never went to her room. They wouldn't let CR through so they both turned around and left.

Disclaimer: The best way to brainstorm is to allow input without automatically rejecting or censoring. With that, I offer this:

JR could be saying she was at his place and he saw her leave around 4:30 to make random abduction more likely.

I think it's very possible JR is lying about the end of Laurens night, although I also think it's equally possible he's being completely honest. I don't know that a random abduction would be more likely to happen at 430 AM as opposed to 3 AM though? They both seem equally after hours time to be walking home alone. Not bashing you at all, I just don't think that his keeping her there for another hour makes me lean more toward abduction. I would imagine it's more to give himself an alibi. JMO.

On a side note, I really thought this case would be solved, it got so much attention and so much help. I'm really sad, I hope her parents find her.

He probably got bopped by someone that lives there... he may have gotten on the no-tresspass for fighting with a certain resident at Smallwood. They would seem the likeliest suspect to me.

I wonder what is on that video... somebody is on that video. I think they are waiting for that person to come forward. I wonder what is important about 15 minutes prior to CR getting bopped at Smallwood.

I do think there is a difference between 3AM and 4:30AM as far as chances of a random abduction, just due to more people being out at 3AM, maybe eating at the Waffle House, etc...seems there was next to nobody out there at 4:30AM, and certainly no one(independent of this group) that saw her, if she was there. I think part of the reason the white truck stood out is due to the very few vehicles on the road at 4:30AM.

But I also think that JR either knew or thought that others had seen Lauren go into his apartment so he couldn't say otherwise. The phone call at 4:15AM is a mystery, that was another thing he had to explain, since it would be found easily enough. Seems like they brought that forward, complete with an explanation, pretty quickly...

For me, MB is covering for his buddy CR...not anything with LS specifically. CR tells his buddy, crap, she's missing and I don't remember what happened, so MB covers for him.
JR I can't really fit him in other than someone shows up at his place for help.

Thanks for your input, I'm really trying to think outside the box and why certain facts of the night are seemingly elusively handled by LE. :)

MB also said that LS was going to JR's or said she was going there. If it some random that nabbed her before entering their complex then it seems like MB and JR would have had to get their stories straight about LS's movements that night. Plus, both would be somewhat covering for this mystery killer. Who is so important that at least two if not more men would possibly implicate themselves in the disappearance of a girl in order to protect them? A fraternity brother? A family member? Someone who has some sort of power over them otherwise?

I don't think LE necessarily believes the exact timeline either after 2:51, but it really opens up a lot of possibilities if we do vary from the POI's stories, doesn't it?

I really thought this would be solved by now as well :( Or, at least progress made.

I need to clarify something that I saw mentioned coupla threads back..

Did we verify that it was true that Lauren actually lived on the first floor of Smallwood and not the fifth floor that most of us thought due to the fifth floor being where the altercation took place?
TIA

That's something that crossed my mind as a possibility. It would be in a scenario in which more than one person is involved. I always found troubling the claim of "memory loss" of another POI in the case. So, I would not be surprised if that ended up being the case at the end. It may not be very likely, but it is possible.

I just read a rumor that interests me - that there were investigators and police dogs at the places the POIs live a little while ago.
I would be happy that they are still doing a thorough search, except I would have hoped that they already did this, thoroughly.

He probably got bopped by someone that lives there... he may have gotten on the no-tresspass for fighting with a certain resident at Smallwood. They would seem the likeliest suspect to me.

I believe CR was banned from Smallwood for trying to break in with a credit card (with JR). I saw it on the previous thread.

I hope the rumors are true especially if they hadn't used dogs in the previous searches. I wonder if it being a month later nearly would affect the effectiveness of the dogs though?

I finally registered because I wanted to respond to British and his outburst about people bashing HT. Just to clarify other's comments with regards to HT, they are referring to an interview she gave in which she described LS as "...a girl who loved to party, and this time it just went to far..." I, along with many others, find this comment very suspect. She seems to know with absolutely certainty that LS is no longer with us, and this interview was given the day after her disappearance. Anyone feel free to correct me.

I need to clarify something that I saw mentioned coupla threads back..

Did we verify that it was true that Lauren actually lived on the first floor of Smallwood and not the fifth floor that most of us thought due to the fifth floor being where the altercation took place?
TIA

There is a news article posted in the last thread that says that Lauren lived on the 5th floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital