Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: MI- AMBER ALERT: Katherine Phillips, 4 months, Ludington, 29 June 2011 -MURDER CHARGE

Sean Phillips will appeal his conviction of imprisoning Baby Kate
    http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/i...ppeal_his.html
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

http://www.upnorthlive.com/news/story.aspx?id=746816

7&4 News sat down with local psychic medium Tammy Schuster, who has been in court since day one, to get her perspective on the case.

Schuster says she's been spending her time in the courtroom, feeding off the energy she feels. "Basically what I try to do is watch Sean, watch his family, try to pick up energy off of them, get any information that I can off of them; not what they're saying but what's in their mind and I'll write things down that come to them."

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dcstew For This Useful Post:

Search for missing Ludington baby still turns up nothing

http://www.freep.com/article/2012050...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

6:26 AM, May 1, 2012

Authorities say the latest search by volunteers for a West Michigan baby last seen in June turned up nothing of importance.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justanother View Post
    Not nearly long enough.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to amymarie For This Useful Post:

From link^^

Police say the investigation is "officially transitioning to a Homocide investigation" and that they "remain focused and intent on providing justice for 'Baby Kate'." They believe that through the evidence from this trial, as well as new evidence and information being developed, there will be additional charges in this case.
    Interesting, how often we hear "double jeopardy" and "can't be tried twice", here they just got their conviction and yet they are already talking about additional charges.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

He can't be tried again for this crime but he can be tried for murder if they find enough evidence.

He could have ended up with as little as 12 months, i'm so glad the judge threw the book at him. 15 years is the maximum by law.

He still claims that the last time he saw Kate she was with Ariel. Uh Uh and i guess a fairy planted her whole outfit in your pocket

There is a lot more to this for sure. But unless some new evidence miraculously appears or her body is found, we will never know what happened and he will just do his time and leave with a smirk thinking he outsmarted everyone. He/they just got lucky imo.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:

Michigan dad gets 10 to 15 years for missing baby

http://www.mlive.com/newsflash/index...bed47cda4252fd

June 5, 2012, 7:36 p.m. EDT
    AP

LUDINGTON, Mich. (AP) — A West Michigan man blamed for the disappearance of his baby daughter was sentenced Tuesday to 10 to 15 years in prison for an unlawful imprisonment conviction in the case, which police say they now are treating as a homicide

16. The Following User Says Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

He can't be tried again for this crime but he can be tried for murder if they find enough evidence.

He could have ended up with as little as 12 months, i'm so glad the judge threw the book at him. 15 years is the maximum by law.

He still claims that the last time he saw Kate she was with Ariel. Uh Uh and i guess a fairy planted her whole outfit in your pocket

There is a lot more to this for sure. But unless some new evidence miraculously appears or her body is found, we will never know what happened and he will just do his time and leave with a smirk thinking he outsmarted everyone. He/they just got lucky imo.
    Thank you for the explanation and I agree the judged rocked the sentence!

I was speaking sort of in general, we have all these missing babies right now - Sky, Allaya, Kate, Lisa, Jhessye, I'm drawing a blank on the rest, whose custodial parents are refusing to cooperate with LE and they are just going about their days like nothing is wrong. I would like to see them placed in custody and charged with whatever works to stop them from living their lives as if they have done nothing wrong! This case just proved it can work! Let's let it! Let's get these baby killers off the streets and behind bars where they belong.

10 to 15 is not enough, but when there's a dead baby involved nothing short of life w/o parole or DP fits the crime and 10 to 15 is often more than we get with convicted baby killers who usually get a plea bargain and walk out in under 10 years.

I'm tired of it. Let's start using the system against these murderers. Let's start making examples of them! OK sorry for the rant, I'll step down now...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is online now "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    This is OT for this thread, but this sad story happened in another west Michigan community south of Ludington. The little boy's family needs our prayers to help them through this tragedy.

June 6, 2012 at 6:42 am

Funeral set for West Michigan child, 6, who died after collapse
    By Associated Press

Norton Shores— Funeral arrangements are set for a kindergartner who collapsed on a playground during a West Michigan elementary school's field day and died.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz1x2vzjZ64

Funeral set for child, 6, who died after collapse

Funeral set for kindergartner, 6, who died after collapsing during West Michigan school event

Author:

Published On: Jun 06 2012 07:28:31 AM EDT

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/n...z/-/index.html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Baby Kate still missing, still missed

http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/ne...g-still-missed

KEVIN BRACISZESKI - DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Thursday, June 28, 2012

Baby Katherine “Kate” Phillips disappeared a year ago Friday.

Baby Kate still missing, still missed

Baby Katherine “Kate” Phillips disappeared a year ago Friday.

She’s still missing today.

Her father, Sean Phillips — who reportedly claimed he wasn’t — is now preparing to spend at least 10 years in prison for her disappearance in a case that is still being investigated, now as a murder.

Kate’s mother, Ariel Courtland, is hoping people will leave her and her other daughter alone on the anniversary of the day her baby daughter vanished.

[snip]

It’s been a year since Baby Katherine “Kate” Phillips disappeared and police are still investigating her whereabouts and not discussing the details of the case.

“I’m still very optimistic that ultimately this case is going to be solved,” Ludington Police Chief Mark Barnett said. “I’m convinced that someone knows what happened to Baby Kate — it’s not a matter of no one knowing what happened. Someone knows what happened.

“I’m just convinced we’ll find the body of Baby Kate and provide closure to the mother and other family members,” Barnett said.

MUCH More: http://www.ludingtondailynews.com/ne...story_id=66142
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Mother Of Baby Kate Phillips, Plans To Marry Man Suspected Of Killing Daughter

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1875250.html

Huffington Post | By David Moye
    Posted: 09/11/2012 6:47 pm Updated: 09/11/2012 6:51 pm

The mother of an infant girl who has been missing since June, 2011, plans to marry the man suspected of killing their infant daughter last year.

Local news is teasing a letter supposedly written by Sean in jail detailing what happened to Kate tonight at 11 on woodtv

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LostinMI05 For This Useful Post:

please keep us updated!!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LostinMI05 For This Useful Post:

Wow......just wow! He says he threw the carseat out of the car without realizing Kate was in the seat.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

this case has always been beyond tragic

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maureen718 For This Useful Post:

UGHHH i couldn't make it past page 2 of the letter, it was giving me a headache trying to decipher

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

I don't believe him for one second. There is no way that a baby is going to just come sliding out of a carseat. Also, why did he have her clothes in his pocket when they found him? Where is this "peaceful place" that he left the baby in? I sure hope the cops drag him out to the woods to get her so that her family can give her a proper burial.

I'm so sad to hear this.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ My posts are all IMO, JMO, MOO unless I have included a link^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

“If I was lost, I would want the whole world to look for me,” said Solomon Metalwala, Sky’s father. “And I’m a grown-up, you know. He’s only two.”

Please click here to view Sky's thread

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:

You don't just not notice when you have a freakin baby in the car.
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rachaellouise For This Useful Post:

I came here to post that I just googled baby Kate after wondering about her and saw that Huff post says Ariel is marrying him, that she applied for the liscence but isn't doing it for love, but to find out more about Kate by being allowed visits due to their marriage. Makes no sense to me but what does make sense is her marrying him so they don't have to testify against one another. Jmo

Just read the letter, I'll keep my words to myself other than to say what a moron.

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to justanother For This Useful Post:

What a pathetic try...probably some of it could be true. Like how he didnt even try to help her, that he never even gave that a though.

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zafina For This Useful Post:

There is a transcript of his letter in this article...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/targe...bout-Baby-Kate

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

Wow, just wow - in the letter he claims he jerked the car seat out and she died in the process...

Makes no damn sense, carseats protect children from AUTO ACCIDENTS and yet pulling a carseat from the car (that in and of itself tells me they didn't have it anchored/secured correctly) with the baby in it kills her.

B.S.

Then has the nerve to write, " I never even tried to help her. Never even thought to.".

Last edited by laniefi; 09-12-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo

48. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast