marijuana-depersonalization

bookworm474

Reaction score
No one has taken issue with Casey and Marijuana smoking.

For some folks, it can cause a depersonalization effect where their awareness of self and others changes.

Is it possible that Casey did change in the spring time after beginning or increasing marijuana usage and that a factor with being the Casey her friends just didn't know any more???

For some folks, it can cause a depersonalization effect where their awareness of self and others changes.

Is it possible that Casey did change in the spring time after beginning or increasing marijuana usage and that a factor with being the Casey her friends just didn't know any more???

No.

imho/fairly irrelevant.

When ICA was incarcerated she passed all of her drug tests. Just sayin', seeing as THC can/will stay in your system for up to 3 months.

ICA behavior started way before the marijuana usage. So IMO its a mute point.

Yeah, I would think that it would be very difficult to keep all of her stories straight if she were smoking pot heavily, too.

IMO, when smoking pot, one does not have the ambition to deal with much of anything, especially something as complicated as ICA's juggling act of lies.
:crazy:

There is a range of effects and also a variety of opinions on what the effects might be.

There would be some who would argue that marijuana use increases empathy, love and passivity. Therefore, if she had been using, she might not have murdered her daughter.

I'm not saying it's true, but some would argue for that.

No. Sounds like urban myth material or shoddy research imo. Weed isn't going to morph her into a killer.

dont blame pot...blame KC and KC alone. if she was using meth or crack ..she would still be respondsible for Precious Caylees death. that is like blaming a gun for someone using it

It's a shame for the DT that you didn't post this sooner. It was more believable than the defense they came up with moo

Without going into details, I"ll just say that in my 53 years I've had lots of experience with folks using this. Never heard of what you're asserting. Perhaps it is true, but in my personal experience, never have I seen any such thing.

Now who were you again? What were we talking about?

I don't think she needs drugs to tune out... she can shut herself off all by herself. But I think I get what your saying.. the DGAF effect. Bills need to be paid? %uc^ it. Laudry? eh, maybe later. Work? he!! no, pass the blunt. But Kill my kid then go watch a movie? not seeing it.

I'm in my 60's and came up during the era when a whole lotta, lotta people smoked pot regularly. I still know some who still do!

I've never seen the depersonalization effect you mention. But I haven't studied the subject or anything like that. Has there been a study done on this? If so, could you please provide a link - I'd like to read it.

On the other hand, I have a friend who was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was in his early 20's. He was hospitalized, began meds, and did very well on them. Once in a while after that he would start to get "hinky" - usually getting paranoid was one of the first signs - and when I'd ask him if he was off his meds or what, he'd say he had been smoking pot lately.

Eventually, he discussed this with his shrink, who told him to knock off the pot. The doc told him it wasn't good for his condition.

Other than that, it seemed to have a fairly benign effect on the people I knew.

But if that was the case, wouldn't she be "back to normal" now after a few years in jail (and presumably NOT smoking up)? Because her responses to seeing her devastated parents and hearing people talk about her daughter's decomposed body were not what I would call normal.

Tink

I think a chronic pot user isn't going to have the ambition to murder someone and then fabricate an elaborate lie about it. She might have let her wander into the pool accidentally while she was high but IMO she wouldn't have been able to keep it going as long as she did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back