What needs to be Rebutted?

yllek

Reaction score
I think it says a lot that the State only anticipates needing one day to put on their rebuttal case; the Defense did very little damage to the States case over the last 2+ weeks. Imo, the State only needs to call back:

1. Dr. G to rebut the "shoulda cracked the skull; shoddy work" assertion by Dr. Spitz

2. Gentiva compliance officer to rebut Cindy's testimony that she was not at work and was home when the incriminating chloroform searches were made.

3. George Anthony to rebut River Cruz's testimony that George made the "snowball" comment. (Imo she was weak and not credible, so maybe it's better not to put George up there again and possibly open up something else?)

Wondering what others think should be reiterated or cleared up before deliberations start...

Not a darn thing except the records to prove Cindy was at work when the searches were done on the home computer

Can JB's opening statement be rebutted? They didn't address any of the major points that were "proffered" in their CiC, and Casey didn't take the stand. The defense failed to present any explanation regarding the alleged sexual molestation of Casey as a child/teen, the accidental drowning of Caylee in the family swimming pool, and subsequent cover-up.

I would like to add that GA's suicide note needs to be discussed. Let GA explain what he meant by letting them down. I know what he meant because I've followed from the very start but the jury has not and they won't understand (multiple jobs, internet gambling Nigerian scam, the marriage separation, and whatever other financial troubles he got into). And we all know what he meant for Caylee.

Maybe Tim to say that the searches couldn't be done there and a computer expert to say there were no searches for Chlorophyll??

Honestly, I hate that I am so biased and know so much now. I honestly think that if the state said "Let's go to closing." the result would be the same. I can't see how anyone would think that this is anything other than what it is.

HRCodePink, I just read the last part of your signature, and now I'm lmao!! Needed that after today's sad testimony...

I just wish they could replay the jailhouse videos, especially the "The best dad part" and choosing George as the only person who would be allowed to visit her.

Dr. G and Gentiva.
I really hope GA is not put on that stand again!

On sec thought. They need to put on george with the suicide letter.

Can JB's opening statement be rebutted? They didn't address any of the major points that were "proffered" in their CiC, and Casey didn't take the stand. The defense failed to present any explanation regarding the alleged sexual molestation of Casey as a child/teen, the accidental drowning of Caylee in the family swimming pool, and subsequent cover-up.

The opening statement cannot be rebutted, because it's not evidence. But it can be addressed in the closing statement. "Defense said they were going to prove, but they didn't etc.."

CA's computer searches and Dr. Spitz entire testimony.

Dr. G and Gentiva.
I really hope GA is not put on that stand again!

On sec thought. They need to put on george with the suicide letter.

I think if they were going to put George on,they wouldn't have introduced the letter by itself.Of course,I have no idea how this works :crazy:

I would like to add that GA's suicide note needs to be discussed. Let GA explain what he meant by letting them down. I know what he meant because I've followed from the very start but the jury has not and they won't understand (multiple jobs, internet gambling Nigerian scam, the marriage separation, and whatever other financial troubles he got into). And we all know what he meant for Caylee.

Mare10, I'm sorry for not knowing any better, but were you able to actually read the suicide letter? I was only able to see the blurry images/screenshots on the wftv website. If you happened to have found a better/readable copy, can you please let me know where I can find it?

Thank you!

Not a darn thing except the records to prove Cindy was at work when the searches were done on the home computer

I agree that they MUST address this in rebuttal because it is crucial to premeditation, and/or felony child abuse. I also agree that Dr G is a very compelling witness for the state, and she must be allowed to address the allegations about her work that Dr Spitz put forth. And then GA's suicide note, to refute the allegations of his 'guilt' over SA, and that's it folks! :rocker:

Very sad to read the note, but it makes it pretty darn clear that George's guilt pertained to feeling not-good-enough and failing his wife, children and Caylee. The note is good evidence that George didn't know for sure what happened to Caylee and believed Casey's lies about her being hurt by others (though I think Cindy was pushing him to believe Casey after he began entertaining "negative" thoughts about her).

After reading the note, I agree the note will minimize any doubts the jury might have regarding George's involvement; he was clearly not involved. There goes the defense's scapegoat. Had Baez not introduced the suicide attempt as a ploy to paint George as guilt-ridden due to his involvement in Caylee's demise, the note would have been excluded and the defense case would be better off, imo.

P.s. It bugs me that "Jose keeps calling" is written in the note. How can Baez, who was very close to the situation, let George's suicide attempt be fodder for his client? Cruel. Also, wonder if George really was a loser family man that let everyone down (I know he made some bad decisions), or if he was dealing with people who would be dissatisfied no matter what he did. Sad to see such a low level of self worth...

JMO...

I was hoping they would ask LA on rebuttal what was the big news that made him go visit JB after hearing his parents talk about something.

When LA was on the stand and said that, JA asked was the thing they talked about something that was asked on direct and LA said no it wasn't. So I assume JA couldn't say ask about it without exceeding the scope of direct. I hope he can go back now and ask... just because I am curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back