AZ AZ - Tia Payne, 18, Phoenix, 30 September 2009

q64ceo

Reaction score
payne_tia.jpg

Tia Payne last had contact with her family and friends in August 2010. She mentioned getting a modeling job and has failed to contact anyone since she disappeared.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/10357
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/payne_tia.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/10357

Permission Error - Case Access Denied
This missing person has been found. Therefore this case is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

If you believe you have received this in error, please email support@findthemissing.org with details of what was done to receive this message.
Thank you,
NamUs Team

We will mark the thread as "PRESUMED LOCATED" and move to LOCATED forum (discussion)

I got word from a reliable source that Tia Payne was matched up to NamUs UP 8641

Identified! AZ - Payson, UnkRaceFem Skeletal (UP 8641) , 16-20, Service Rd 512, Jul'10, Tia Payne

51c193b1-5c3c-4c7a-bc55-662498dab2dc.jpg

There is no public mention that she was found or matched to this case, but her NamUs casefile (MP10357) is now closed.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10357/0

The takeaway from this is that Tia was said to have been LKA in July 2010 (less than a month before her remains were found).

The Jane Doe had been estimated to have been dead for several months (2009 or 2010).

I remember looking closely at Tia as a possible, and I passed on it because the time frame appeared to be too tight based on the postmortem interval indicated in the UP casefile.

I am reading something wrong, aren't I? It says the remains were found in July 2010 but friends and family last spoke to Tia in August 2010.

Edit to say that even though the original post says August the actual link says July. That is a tight time frame though. It always amazes me how quickly a body can decompose :(
She was very beautiful and I hope she is resting in peace.

I am reading something wrong, aren't I? It says the remains were found in July 2010 but friends and family last spoke to Tia in August 2010.

Edit to say that even though the original post says August the actual link says July. That is a tight time frame though. It always amazes me how quickly a body can decompose :(
She was very beautiful and I hope she is resting in peace.

My bad, I think

I made this in July 2011. Maybe the date was updated and I didnt edit it?

It is possible.

Anyways, my bad.

Ok, Charley Project removed her without anything on the resolved page. WTF is going on? Why are we not being told anything?

For those of you who are confused... Tia is my daughter. She was identified in April through the DNA database. My daughter's body had been found in 2010, but she was a Jane Doe all this time. Her case is currently under investigation, I know some facts about her disappearance, however there is alot that is not adding up to me. I will keep you posted as I find out more and would appreciate the same if someone has anything to offer. q64ceo, thank you for caring!!

For those of you who are confused... Tia is my daughter. She was identified in April through the DNA database. My daughter's body had been found in 2010, but she was a Jane Doe all this time. Her case is currently under investigation, I know some facts about her disappearance, however there is alot that is not adding up to me. I will keep you posted as I find out more and would appreciate the same if someone has anything to offer. q64ceo, thank you for caring!!

Wildheart, I pray that whatever happened to your beautiful Tia you find out very soon.

Is there anyway you could give us more details about the circumstances surrounding her disappearance? It doesn't sound like MSM put very much out.

Wildheart--if there is anything myself or anyone can do please let us know. The members of this website are the most caring and supportive people ...they really care about crime victims--many were victims themselves...If you need us we can help.....Tuba our expert astrologer is great.

Thank you so much everyone for the care and concern you have given to Tia's case... I am honestly moved. In regards to Tia's story; From what I have been told, Tia had a photo shoot scheduled for the 14th of July, 2010 from which she never returned. (My daughter was estranged and not in contact with me, so I did not find out she was missing until September of that year. I tried to make several contacts to get details but could not.) I did not get a visit from the Missing Person detective until the end of last year, who updated me on Tia's case but could only give limited information and then took my DNA. This is how Tia was indentified. She had been buried in Payson as Jane Doe since September 2011. My concerns are why she was not reported missing until Aug.? Her very "best" friend supposedly was frantic, however this girl was reluctant to offer any information and has changed her story from the time she spoke with my son, (who spoke with her when we were informed Tia was missing) to when I spoke with her recently. The condition of Tia's remains coincide with her being out in the elements longer than 8 days, which would actually fall in line with the last time my son spoke with her which was in April of that year. I do not find the existing details of this case to be solid. There are many things that do not support the story of her disappearance. I have passed the questions and details I discover, on to the detective who is now investigating her homicide. I don't want to go into too much detail, but I am keeping track of everything, EVERYTHING I find and praying for her justice.

Thank you for the update, Wildheart48.

I appreciate you taking the time to post. I feel much better now that I have that information. I am very sorry that this has happened to your daughter. She is no longer a Jane Doe as she got her name back, and that makes me feel a little bit better in knowing that at least you (the family) found her. A lot of families do not get that opportunity.

I tried asking one of her friends (due to privacy rules, I shall use her initial, K) for details as she was the only thing I could find when I was fishing for information. She is probably the same friend you were talking about in your post. She sent me a message that I had a difficult time replying to so I took my time crafting a reply. She added me to her ignore list before I could send it. I understand why as I am a stranger it probably felt creepy for her.

Again, thanks for taking your time to update a bunch of strangers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back