782 users online (109 members and 673 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,152

    Judge Perry's Order concerning Closing Arguments

    Order #15 is interesting: No chart or other aid w/o permission of the Court

    http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28422064/detail.html
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,843
    This is probably a pretty standard document, but I like to think #5 and #6 were specifically written for this case, lol. And maybe that last one, about the Defense not conceding guilt without permission from defendant, since it's hard to tell which side one of the DT is on, IMO.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,152
    Bump for Saturday reading.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Texas, KY and FL.
    Posts
    926
    Oh my goodness... Those rules will have JB closing statement be: "Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen of the jury for your service."

    I can't think of another thing he might say about this trial or the evidence that wouldn't' violate some part if not ALL of those rules.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    #6 is going to be difficult for the State... Merely rephrasing the DT argument is going to sound ridiculous.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In the sunshine.
    Posts
    9,875
    I recall HHJP suggesting that both sides review Ret. Judge Alex Ferrer's compendium for closing arguments.

    This is the same Alex Ferrer on In Session. He is apparently the FL. expert on closing arguments.

  7. #7
    whiteangora's Avatar
    whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    5,751
    Why does His Honor's signature look so strange? The Belvin part is all shaky and bold but the Perry part is just perfect.
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf





  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tara
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    #6 is going to be difficult for the State... Merely rephrasing the DT argument is going to sound ridiculous.
    LOL - I was gonna say - How are they going to get around THIS one, lol.
    Proud WS N-LIB

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,152
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteangora View Post
    Why does His Honor's signature look so strange? The Belvin part is all shaky and bold but the Perry part is just perfect.
    My siggy is the same. My first name is legible, but my last, not so much.
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,086
    Lots of land mines for Baez-- what happens if he breaks the rules? Because, I don't think he'll be capable of staying within the lines. jmo


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,328
    Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    Oh my goodness... Those rules will have JB closing statement be: "Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen of the jury for your service."

    I can't think of another thing he might say about this trial or the evidence that wouldn't' violate some part if not ALL of those rules.
    That's the same thing I thought. Going line by line (oh...JB can't do that, oh, JB can't do that, on and on and on).

    I think there's little left for him to say!

    I also wonder if JB is going to give the closing. I think he may toss it to CM. That's what my gut is telling me.

    MOO

    Mel

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Lots of land mines for Baez-- what happens if he breaks the rules? Because, I don't think he'll be capable of staying within the lines. jmo
    IMHO, and we'll see - but if JB has a chance to read the blogs and listen to the news, he will have to concede that he's alienated this jury with his antics and disrespect for the judge. Just today he insinuated to the jury that George had bat/boost phones on June 16th (before Caylee was ever reported missing).

    I hope he tosses the closing to Mason. Not for the benefit of the inmate, but for his own sake, and to save us all from wanting to crawl into some deep dark hole.

    To be honest, after 6 weeks, CM has become a welcomed relief.

    MOO

    Mel

    MOO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    This is probably a pretty standard document, but I like to think #5 and #6 were specifically written for this case, lol. And maybe that last one, about the Defense not conceding guilt without permission from defendant, since it's hard to tell which side one of the DT is on, IMO.
    I think #16 is very important. The state does not want JB to get up there and admit to the lying to police and say that's all she's guilty of. He wants JB to have to argue her innocence which is, at least on those counts, impossible. I think it will make the entire DT closing look preposterous and delusional.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,813
    Oh wow! There are a whole lot of things on there that Alan Shore on Boston Legal did ALL the time!


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    131
    Boo!

    I think the prosecution should be allowed to make fun of Baez.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Order in the Court -a profile of Judge Perry
    By ZsaZsa in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 08:05 PM
  2. What if the new Judge Perry issues a gag order?
    By sassy_texasbelle2 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 12:31 AM