Judge Perry's Order concerning Closing Arguments

This is probably a pretty standard document, but I like to think #5 and #6 were specifically written for this case, lol. And maybe that last one, about the Defense not conceding guilt without permission from defendant, since it's hard to tell which side one of the DT is on, IMO.

Oh my goodness... Those rules will have JB closing statement be: "Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen of the jury for your service."

I can't think of another thing he might say about this trial or the evidence that wouldn't' violate some part if not ALL of those rules.

#6 is going to be difficult for the State... Merely rephrasing the DT argument is going to sound ridiculous.

I recall HHJP suggesting that both sides review Ret. Judge Alex Ferrer's compendium for closing arguments.

This is the same Alex Ferrer on In Session. He is apparently the FL. expert on closing arguments.

Why does His Honor's signature look so strange? The Belvin part is all shaky and bold but the Perry part is just perfect.

#6 is going to be difficult for the State... Merely rephrasing the DT argument is going to sound ridiculous.

LOL - I was gonna say - How are they going to get around THIS one, lol.

Why does His Honor's signature look so strange? The Belvin part is all shaky and bold but the Perry part is just perfect.

My siggy is the same. My first name is legible, but my last, not so much.

Lots of land mines for Baez-- what happens if he breaks the rules? Because, I don't think he'll be capable of staying within the lines. jmo

Oh my goodness... Those rules will have JB closing statement be: "Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen of the jury for your service."

I can't think of another thing he might say about this trial or the evidence that wouldn't' violate some part if not ALL of those rules.

That's the same thing I thought. Going line by line (oh...JB can't do that, oh, JB can't do that, on and on and on).

I think there's little left for him to say!

I also wonder if JB is going to give the closing. I think he may toss it to CM. That's what my gut is telling me.

MOO

Mel

Lots of land mines for Baez-- what happens if he breaks the rules? Because, I don't think he'll be capable of staying within the lines. jmo

IMHO, and we'll see - but if JB has a chance to read the blogs and listen to the news, he will have to concede that he's alienated this jury with his antics and disrespect for the judge. Just today he insinuated to the jury that George had bat/boost phones on June 16th (before Caylee was ever reported missing).

I hope he tosses the closing to Mason. Not for the benefit of the inmate, but for his own sake, and to save us all from wanting to crawl into some deep dark hole.

To be honest, after 6 weeks, CM has become a welcomed relief.

MOO

Mel

MOO

This is probably a pretty standard document, but I like to think #5 and #6 were specifically written for this case, lol. And maybe that last one, about the Defense not conceding guilt without permission from defendant, since it's hard to tell which side one of the DT is on, IMO.

I think #16 is very important. The state does not want JB to get up there and admit to the lying to police and say that's all she's guilty of. He wants JB to have to argue her innocence which is, at least on those counts, impossible. I think it will make the entire DT closing look preposterous and delusional.

Oh wow! There are a whole lot of things on there that Alan Shore on Boston Legal did ALL the time!

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Boo!

I think the prosecution should be allowed to make fun of Baez.
bozo.gif

I saw a lawyer on tv (plz don't ask which one there have been so many lately) on a talk show and he said these instructions are very normal.

Yet yesterday, a Florida attorney, and it may have been B.Shaeffer - can't remember for sure who it was, said these instructions were unlike anything he'd seen his entire time of practicing law. His thought IIRC was that it sounded to him like these were issued specifically with Baez in mind since he can't seem to understand what he can and can't do and needs to continuously have it pointed out to him by the court over and over.

IMO

I saw a lawyer on tv (plz don't ask which one there have been so many lately) on a talk show and he said these instructions are very normal.

Yet yesterday, a Florida attorney, and it may have been B.Shaeffer - can't remember for sure who it was, said these instructions were unlike anything he'd seen his entire time of practicing law. His thought IIRC was that it sounded to him like these were issued specifically with Baez in mind since he can't seem to understand what he can and can't do and needs to continuously have it pointed out to him by the court over and over.

IMO

That's what I thought, they seem tailor made, don't they?

I know! It leaves out any fun snarky comments by the state, too. Pretty much limits both sides to "Well, there ya go. Let us know what you think about it. Thanks."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back