1299 users online (241 members and 1058 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Darin Routier files for divorce

Husband of Darlie Routier, on death row for murdering 1 of her sons, files for divorce
    APNewsBreak: Routier's husband files for divorce

BETSY BLANEY, Associated Press

Published 04:41 p.m., Friday, July 1, 2011

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) The husband of death-row inmate Darlie Routier said Friday that he and his wife are divorcing to move on from the "limbo" they've been in since her arrest and conviction for killing one of their sons.

Darin Routier told The Associated Press on Friday that the decision to divorce was mutual and "very difficult," and that he still believes his wife is innocent. His attorney filed the divorce papers Wednesday in Lubbock, where he lives with their youngest son, Drake, who is 15.

"It doesn't change the fact that we still believe what we believe," he said. "You have to separate the tragedy from the marriage. Do you know anyone who would have waited 15 years? So it doesn't change anything."
    Darlie Routier, 40, was convicted in 1997 of killing the couple's middle child, 5-year-old Damon, the year before. She also was charged with killing Damon's 6-year-old brother, Devon, but was not tried for the death.

Darlie Routier contends that an unidentified intruder killed the boys and stabbed her in their home in Rowlett, a suburb of Dallas. But prosecutors portrayed her during her trial as selfish and materialistic, and contended that she killed Damon to rid herself of a financial burden.

The Routiers met in Lubbock when Darlie was a teenager and Darin was the assistant manager of a restaurant, and they dated for several years before marrying in 1988. They settled in the Dallas area, where Darin Routier's business testing circuit boards became successful a few years later.

The couple spent the newfound money as much as $500,000 a year on a Jaguar, cabin-cruiser, vacations and an upscale home replete with a fountain in the front yard and hot tub in back. But with the new purchases came hefty bills, and by May 1996 the Routiers owed $10,000 in back taxes, $12,000 on credit cards and two months of mortgage payments.
    Darin Routier said his wife is appealing her conviction. She is one of 10 women on Death Row in Gatesville, which is between Dallas and Austin.
    Darin Routier said neither he nor his wife plans to remarry.

"At some point you have to move on past the point of limbo you've been living in," he said. "It's not necessarily something that you want but it's something that you have to."

http://kimmysharinglight.com/

Many people can talk the talk, some people really know how to walk the walk, but it is a rare few who get to dance the dance!

ઇઉ Kimmy aka Cassata

"You have to separate the tragedy from the marriage. Do you know anyone who would have waited 15 years? So it doesn't change anything."

Strange statement from a strange guy!

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I just read this...Whaaaattt?

So what's the point in getting divorced if it dosen't change anything?

Something is very, very fishy.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Both have no plans to remarry? Very strang thing to say also.

Shocked. Why divorce now? It makes no sense.. Would like to dig deeper and find out the why.

Thanks for the update.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    Both have no plans to remarry? Very strang thing to say also.
    hmmm yeah sounds as if the lies continue. I don't believe he doesn;t want to remarry.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_Ascending View Post
    "You have to separate the tragedy from the marriage. Do you know anyone who would have waited 15 years? So it doesn't change anything."

Woah, how strange.

When does Darlie get the needle?

Someone here posted a link to a Colorado vacation with a picture of Darin, Blake, and Darin's "longtime" girlfriend. Just sayin'. Strange timing, isn't it. Like lightning out of a blue sky.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    He doesn't plan to remarry? Riiiight.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    Woah, how strange.

When does Darlie get the needle?
    Not soon enough, IMO. There still isn't another date set, is there? I'm actually not sure. Is there a website with that info?

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/sch...executions.htm

This list only goes through September. BTW - Any offenders out there should maybe not commit their crimes in Texas. We actually use the death penalty. For some reason Darlie has escaped the needle for far too long though.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    Not soon enough, IMO. There still isn't another date set, is there? I'm actually not sure. Is there a website with that info?

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/sch...executions.htm

This list only goes through September. BTW - Any offenders out there should maybe not commit their crimes in Texas. We actually use the death penalty. For some reason Darlie has escaped the needle for far too long though.

Darlie received a stay in 2008. She was granted some dna tests by the federal courts. No word yet as to when those tests might be completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow_Ascending View Post

Yep, this coming from someone who made the comment to LE about how nice Darlie's chest looked at the time of the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
    Yep, this coming from someone who made the comment to LE about how nice Darlie's chest looked at the time of the murders.
    Yeah and how beautiful she was, so beautiful he could see how someone broke in to get at her!!!! Very shallow, both of them. I don't Darlin gave a rat's a$$ for those kids...he was all about Darlie.

But those comments he made had the cops looking at him first for the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    Yeah and how beautiful she was, so beautiful he could see how someone broke in to get at her!!!! Very shallow, both of them. I don't Darlin gave a rat's a$$ for those kids...he was all about Darlie.

But those comments he made had the cops looking at him first for the murders.
    yeah and I am no beauty queen but neither Darlie or Darin were either! His teeth actually made me kinda nauseous...
    And didn't Karen Neal or someone (may not have been her) was in the house unbeknownst to Darin and he came home and started raving at Darlie about being "fat" right after she had Drake and that is she didn't lose the weight ASAP he'd leave her?

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    yeah and I am no beauty queen but neither Darlie or Darin were either! His teeth actually made me kinda nauseous...
    And didn't Karen Neal or someone (may not have been her) was in the house unbeknownst to Darin and he came home and started raving at Darlie about being "fat" right after she had Drake and that is she didn't lose the weight ASAP he'd leave her?
    I don't remember that, did you read it somewhere? That's very interesting!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast