1312 users online (269 members and 1043 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What do you think the sentince will be

Voters
812. You may not vote on this poll
  • ICA will walk out a free person

3 0.37%
  • ICA will receive the ultimate sanction

114 14.04%
  • ICA will receive LWOP

499 61.45%
  • ICA will receive 40 years or less

52 6.40%
  • ICA will receive 30 years or less

102 12.56%
  • ICA will receive 20 years or less

32 3.94%
  • ICA will receive 10 years or less

14 1.72%
  • ICA will receive time served

8 0.99%
  • CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal procedings

65 8.00%
  • Hung Jury and a Mis-trial

18 2.22%
  • Mister Baez will have sanctions and a bar report.

57 7.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

What will be the sentence for ICA?

Well, its almost over, (If HH has anything to say about it.) what do you see as the end result of this trial?

1. ICA will walk out a free person

2. ICA will receive the ultimate sanction (Death)

3. ICA will receive LWOP

4. ICA will receive 40 or less years

5. ICA will receive 30 or less years

6 ICA will receive 20 or less years

7. ICA will receive 10 or less.

8. ICA will receive time served

9. CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal proceedings

Feel free to write in your thoughts as there isn't an "Other" option listed.
    Last edited by USARDOG; 07-01-2011 at 06:36 PM.

You left out Death Penalty DP
    Why can't they hear the children's voices?

All of a sudden i can't answer this, I was so sure of a manslaughter charge now I am thinking it will be worse.
    This is really sad, why do people do the things they do?

Death is the "Ultimate sanction" (That's lawyer speak I think)

Right now, my gut tells me, LWOP. But this prediction is made before JA's closing statement/JB's closing statement. I may change my mind. The closing statements usually have an impact on the jury. Because they are almost at the finish line and the State is riding on the tails of proving premeditation (JMO) today (showing the searches on the computer where done by Casey...alone). They will have a huge closer. All of the loose pieces will be connected by JA. It will be powerful...and likely, they will end with either a huge photo or a video of Caylee. JB will likely say the State has not proven their case BRD...that Casey did not kill Caylee and the State has nada to back it up.

The one wild factor: Today someone posted during the trial thread that three of the jurors were wearing purple today. Caylee's favorite color. Interesting.

I may change my mind to getting the ultimate sanction. It just depends on how Sunday goes. IF she does not receive the ultimate sanction from the jury but is found guilty on lesser charges I don't see HHJP letting her out any sooner than life. JMO.

LWOP, because of her age.

I personally would like to see the DP, but I feel the jury and judge will feel sorry for her, being so young and "beautiful" that they will NOT impose that sentence even though she deserves it. IMHO!

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    I was wavering on this. But having seen today's rebuttal case and how thoroughly they dismantled the flimsy drywall between premeditation and Casey really having done those computer searches, I have to think that the jury will recommend life.

(I like "life" better than LWOP because it reminds me that in Florida, there are no life sentences WITH parole options. A life sentence will be a life sentence there, should ICA receive that penalty.)
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

I think she will get the DP. It doesn't have to be a unanimous vote of the jury. A simple majority of 7 will make it the recommendation.The jury has seen ICA throughout the trial.She showed no remorse.
    HHJP has watched her and he knows she has no remorse. She tried to throw her own family under the bus.
    HHJP has dealt with other ICA's . He knows what she is. JMO
    Always ,just my opinion

We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

I chose LWOP, thats what I think will be handed down. I think the DP is what she deserves but on the other hand I think spending the rest of her life in prison would be the ultimate punishment for her, locked up like the animal she is, I think it will drive her more insane then she already is.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I would vote for the DP. . but I think she will end up with LWOP.

If Misty Croslin could get 25 years......

ICA should get atleast LWOP Or DP
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

IMHO, she deserves the DP but I think she will get LWOP because the family has already lost Caylee and sympathy will play a role in the sentencing. On the other hand, the jury may have no sympathy.
    JUST MY OPINION

I voted LWOP.

The State proved 3 of the determining factors for the DP. But then again they also proved beyond a reasonable doubt that there WAS in fact premeditation as well. I'm thinking that if it were me on that jury? 31 days would have had me asking why. I could have stopped at a lesser charge. But then, the computer searches, the way the body was discovered, the condition that poor little girl was found, the car trunk, the car being abandoned...I could go right on down the State's list.

Someone in this thread mentioned the sentence Misty Croslin(sp) got? And that is without a body and without premeditation as well. I can picture ICA getting LWOP because of her age. We are all familiar with how long a person can sit on death row through appeals before "the end" occurs or appeals are won. 20 years of appeals? LWOP? Only difference between the two? One takes longer to wait through. It wouldn't benefit the tax payers, her existing family or the millions of people this whole story has affected. ICA would get the easy way out with the DP.

I'd much rather see it haunt her like it will everyone else, for the rest of her life in prison. For life.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast