• ICA will receive 10 years or less

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • ICA will receive time served

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal procedings

Votes: 65 8.0%
  • Hung Jury and a Mis-trial

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Mister Baez will have sanctions and a bar report.

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

USARDOG

Reaction score
Well, its almost over, (If HH has anything to say about it.) what do you see as the end result of this trial?

1. ICA will walk out a free person

2. ICA will receive the ultimate sanction (Death)

3. ICA will receive LWOP

4. ICA will receive 40 or less years

5. ICA will receive 30 or less years

6 ICA will receive 20 or less years

7. ICA will receive 10 or less.

8. ICA will receive time served

9. CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal proceedings

Feel free to write in your thoughts as there isn't an "Other" option listed.

All of a sudden i can't answer this, I was so sure of a manslaughter charge now I am thinking it will be worse.
This is really sad, why do people do the things they do?

Death is the "Ultimate sanction" (That's lawyer speak I think)

Right now, my gut tells me, LWOP. But this prediction is made before JA's closing statement/JB's closing statement. I may change my mind. The closing statements usually have an impact on the jury. Because they are almost at the finish line and the State is riding on the tails of proving premeditation (JMO) today (showing the searches on the computer where done by Casey...alone). They will have a huge closer. All of the loose pieces will be connected by JA. It will be powerful...and likely, they will end with either a huge photo or a video of Caylee. JB will likely say the State has not proven their case BRD...that Casey did not kill Caylee and the State has nada to back it up.

The one wild factor: Today someone posted during the trial thread that three of the jurors were wearing purple today. Caylee's favorite color. Interesting.

I may change my mind to getting the ultimate sanction. It just depends on how Sunday goes. IF she does not receive the ultimate sanction from the jury but is found guilty on lesser charges I don't see HHJP letting her out any sooner than life. JMO.

I personally would like to see the DP, but I feel the jury and judge will feel sorry for her, being so young and "beautiful" :sick: that they will NOT impose that sentence even though she deserves it. :banghead: IMHO!

I was wavering on this. But having seen today's rebuttal case and how thoroughly they dismantled the flimsy drywall between premeditation and Casey really having done those computer searches, I have to think that the jury will recommend life.

(I like "life" better than LWOP because it reminds me that in Florida, there are no life sentences WITH parole options. A life sentence will be a life sentence there, should ICA receive that penalty.)

I think she will get the DP. It doesn't have to be a unanimous vote of the jury. A simple majority of 7 will make it the recommendation.The jury has seen ICA throughout the trial.She showed no remorse.
HHJP has watched her and he knows she has no remorse. She tried to throw her own family under the bus.
HHJP has dealt with other ICA's . He knows what she is. JMO

I chose LWOP, thats what I think will be handed down. I think the DP is what she deserves but on the other hand I think spending the rest of her life in prison would be the ultimate punishment for her, locked up like the animal she is, I think it will drive her more insane then she already is.

I would vote for the DP. . but I think she will end up with LWOP.

If Misty Croslin could get 25 years......

ICA should get atleast LWOP Or DP

IMHO, she deserves the DP but I think she will get LWOP because the family has already lost Caylee and sympathy will play a role in the sentencing. On the other hand, the jury may have no sympathy.

The State proved 3 of the determining factors for the DP. But then again they also proved beyond a reasonable doubt that there WAS in fact premeditation as well. I'm thinking that if it were me on that jury? 31 days would have had me asking why. I could have stopped at a lesser charge. But then, the computer searches, the way the body was discovered, the condition that poor little girl was found, the car trunk, the car being abandoned...I could go right on down the State's list.

Someone in this thread mentioned the sentence Misty Croslin(sp) got? And that is without a body and without premeditation as well. I can picture ICA getting LWOP because of her age. We are all familiar with how long a person can sit on death row through appeals before "the end" occurs or appeals are won. 20 years of appeals? LWOP? Only difference between the two? One takes longer to wait through. It wouldn't benefit the tax payers, her existing family or the millions of people this whole story has affected. ICA would get the easy way out with the DP.

I'd much rather see it haunt her like it will everyone else, for the rest of her life in prison. For life.

I voted LWOP but if I were a juror I would vote DP, Not only has she shown no remorse toward Caylee--she has sneered at and lied about her family. She is the epitomy of evil. If she is given less time I feel she could kill again---probably her parents or a BF or even another child if she would have one. Her penalty may have been less if she at least acted sorry and upset!!

Hello everyone! This is my first post and after looking around this site I think I am going to REALLY like it here!

I voted for this like I do for the Oscars/Emmys...

I voted LWOP but hope for the ultimate...I was mighty impressed with the entire Prosecutions case and totally entertained by the Defense...That Mr. Baez sure is a funny one...not

Just wanted to jump in with both feet and say Hi!

I would vote for the DP if I was on the jury. I believe the jury wil give her life.

Teresa

I think she deserves the DP but I am at least hoping for LWOP!!!

I'd vote LWOP if I were on the jury, not because I think she doesn't deserve the death penalty, because I think she does. I would vote LWOP to end it for her parents. They don't deserve to have to bury her too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts