WY WY - Virginia Uden, 32, & her 2 kids, Lander, 12 Sept 1980 *G. Uden guilty*

smile22

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
reagan, richard and virginia

Date Of Birth: May 25, 1970
Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 100 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown eyes; brown hair. Reagan has a small scar on his right eyelid and a scar on the abdomen from a hernia operation. He also has a gap between his two front teeth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Reagan was last seen with his mother, Virginia Uden, and his older brother, Richard, on September 12, 1980. The Udens were last seen leaving Virginia's mother's home in the vicinity of the 700 block of N. Federal Ct. in Riverton, WY at approximately 1:30 PM on September 12, 1980. They were en route to meet the boys' adoptive father in their station wagon. They never arrived. Their car was found abandoned and vandalized on October 4, 1980 near Dickson Park Road and Trout Creek Canyon in the Wind River Canyon area of Fremont County, Wyoming. Traces of Virginia's blood were discovered inside the vehicle. The Udens have never been seen nor heard from again.

Missing since September 12, 1980 from Lander, Fremont County, Wyoming.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: October 6, 1947
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 170 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Brown hair; brown eyes. Uden has a medium complexion.
Birthmarks: She has a birthmark on her left lower eyelid.
Dentals: Upper and lower dentures

richards info

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 22, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 11 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 90 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Richard has surgical scars on his neck and nose. he has a scar on his forehead. He wears eyeglasses and is crosseyed.

does anyone know anything else about this i went on doe and really didnt do a big search they have never been heard from since they went missing

i dont know nothing i could i find said anything about the father and what his connection was other that they were on the way to see him

is any one intrested in this case let me know after seeing the pictures on doe network its haunted me for months on what happend to them does anyone have any more info on these cases

i was going into old threads i started and decided to see if anyone had any info on this case not found on the web or anyone who is intrested in the case

Smile22, this case has always peaked my interest but there is just not a lot of information our there. Wish we could dig up something. It constantly amazes me how enire families can disappear without a trace.

KT Can said:
Smile22, this case has always peaked my interest but there is just not a lot of information our there. Wish we could dig up something. It constantly amazes me how enire families can disappear without a trace.

do u think someone was following them and waited till they were driving in rute somewhere in the middle of nowhere and then made a move its like so many years and no trace i know the found blood on the car but that was about it
sad

smile22 said:
do u think someone was following them and waited till they were driving in rute somewhere in the middle of nowhere and then made a move its like so many years and no trace i know the found blood on the car but that was about it
sad
This case sounds more like they were random victims of highway-men/abductors who were out to get someone and the circumstances and opportunity was "right".

There is still not much information on this case, but here is Virgina's doe network info
includes a photo.

And a little more information about the blood & vehicle here at For the Lost.

It's too bad there hasn't been more attention paid to this case. Sadly there are plenty of places in Wyoming to easily hide a body/bodies. I think the abductor/murderer would have to be a local person familar with the area (some one who knew of places to hide a body) - and since the car was found locally I think the family was taken to the 'boonies' and then the car was driven back to town.

In Wyoming the guys (and some of the gals) grow up hunting in, playing in, driving in, and partying in the 'boonies'. There are still vast amounts of open land that people rarely visit and I've often heard it said that if you want to get away with murder then Wyoming is the place to get rid of the body.

Monday, May 19, 2008 11:18 AM MDT

PAVILLION -- Officials from several agencies and the University of Wyoming archaeology department are looking here today for evidence in the 1980 disappearance of a Riverton woman and her two sons.

Virginia Uden and her sons, Regan and Richard, haven't been seen since being reported missing in September 1980.

"Recent investigations concerning this cold case have revealed the necessity to examine an area at a residence where their last known location had been reported," the Fremont County Sheriff's Office said in a news release this morning.

Read more in Tuesday's Casper Star-Tribune.

http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/05/19/ne...44527322907.txt

http://www.trib.com/articles/2008/05/23/ne...a699c8c002906e0
872574510083554f.txt

By JOSHUA WOLFSON
Star-Tribune staff writer
Friday, May 23, 2008 7:56 AM MDT

PAVILLION -- They've labored for two days under a baking sun and
another two days in wind and rain.

They've painstakingly sifted through mounds of rocky Wyoming soil,
searching for evidence that might solve a mystery that began before
some of them were even born.

The work isn't easy, but it's providing valuable experience for
eight University of Wyoming anthropology students. It might also
offer new clues into the disappearance of a woman and her sons
nearly three decades ago.

"The ability to actually see and deal with an investigation is
something you can't teach inside a classroom," said Rick Weathermon,
senior research scientist for UW's anthropology department. "It's
something you have to experience. For some of these folks, it is the
first real introduction to something they plan to do with the rest
of their lives."

Weathermon and his students are helping state and Fremont County
investigators dig up a swath of sage desert at a home near Pavillion
once owned by Gerald Lee Uden.

Uden's ex-wife,Virginia, and her two sons have not been seen since
Sept. 12, 1980, when they left Riverton to meet him at his home.

Authorities have long suspected Virginia Uden might have been
murdered, but there has never been an arrest in the case. However,
the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation has recently
uncovered new information that prompted the agency to organize the
dig.

"We are looking for anything that might indicate what happened to
them," Fremont County sheriff's Sgt. Jerry Evagelatos said Thursday.

Authorities turned to Weathermon and his students for assistance.
Weathermon said he has asked to help out on criminal cases a few
times a year on average.

Chandra Thompson, a student of Weathermon who already graduated,
said she and her classmates eagerly agreed to help out with the
investigation.

"It's nice to be involved in something that is important," she said.

The students are digging in a 40- by 40-foot section of land that
served as a feeding area for hogs at the time of Virginia Uden's
disappearance, Evagelatos said. So far, the work hasn't uncovered
human remains, but the students have found some items that appear
foreign to the soil in that area.

The dig began Monday under a blazing sun and dry conditions. The
weather began to turn Wednesday, and by Thursday, sleet had begun to
fall.

A tent was erected over the site to keep the area dry and allow work
to continue.

The effort doesn't resemble the high-tech investigations featured on
television shows like "CSI." Instead, the students use tools
available at most hardware stores -- shovels, brooms, screens and
buckets.

The team divided the dig site into 96 sections, then laboriously
excavated 10 to 12 inches of dirt from each one. Using screens, the
students sifted through the dirt for clues.

"We are treating the whole area as a crime scene," Evagelatos
said. "And each individual piece that's found gets bagged, is noted
where it came from and is photographed."

The students have worked each day from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 in the
evening. Some have taken up temporary residence at the home of the
Fremont County coroner. Others are staying at motels in Riverton.
They've committed to spending up to two weeks on the dig, entirely
on a volunteer basis.

What the effort will mean for the case remains to be seen. Some of
the items recovered during the dig -- which authorities did not
detail -- will be sent to a UW laboratory for analysis.

"We don't know if they are any help to us or not," Evagelatos said.

Reach Joshua Wolfson at (307) 266-0582 or at josh.wolfson@trib.com.

News Tracker

Last we knew: Investigators and University of Wyoming students began
digging at the former home of a man whose ex-wife disappeared nearly
28 years ago.

The latest: The team has not located human remains, but has dug up
some unidentified items.

What's next: The items will be sent to a UW laboratory for more
analysis.

http://www.localnews8.com/Global/story.asp...4&nav=menu99_8_

Authorities dig for clues in 1980 missing family case

Associated Press - May 20, 2008 6:15 PM ET

PAVILLION, Wyo. (AP) - Law enforcement officials say that excavations near a Fremont County home haven't turned up any clues to the 1980 disappearance of a mother and her two sons.

Virginia Uden and her sons Reagan and Richard have been missing since 1980. Their car was found nearly a month later in a remote canyon with the interior stained with blood.

Authorities say investigators have been digging Monday and Tuesday near a residence about 15 miles north of Riverton. Police say the residence had been owned by the woman's ex-husband.

A professor and several students from the University of Wyoming's Archaeology Department began the excavation on Monday together with law enforcement officers. State and county law enforcement say that the team hadn't found anything by Tuesday afternoon.

New evidence prompts dig

By CHRIS MERRILL
Star-Tribune staff writer
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:06 AM MDT

PAVILLION -- Fremont County and state officials have started digging behind a home in the sage and cactus desert eight miles east of here, in the hope of resolving a high-profile, decades-old case involving the disappearance of a mother and her two sons.

Officials say they have uncovered new information in the case of Virginia Uden and her sons, Reagan and Richard Uden, all three of whom went missing under suspicious circumstances Sept. 12, 1980, and were never found.

The site of the dig, just behind a house on Williams Road about 15 miles northwest of Riverton, is the former residence of Gerald Uden, Virginia's ex-husband, said Jerry Evagelatos, patrol sergeant with the sheriff's department.

A professor and several students from the University of Wyoming's Archaeology Department began the excavation Monday afternoon in concert with the Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation, the Fremont County Sheriff's Department and the Fremont County Coroner's Office.

The dig could continue for at least a week,

DCI recently found new information which prompted the excavation, Evagelatos said. He didn't elaborate on the nature of that information.

"We have uncovered some evidence that would indicate it's worthwhile to come out here and dig, and hopefully we'll find evidence that would indicate what happened," Evagelatos said.

The house and property where the dig is taking place are in a sparsely populated part of Fremont County, just north of Ocean Lake, and have changed hands several times since they were owned by Gerald Uden.

The current owners have nothing to do with the case, and they are simply accommodating the investigation, Evagelatos said.

Virginia Uden's mother, Claire Martin, was the last person to see Virginia, about to turn 33, and her two sons in September 1980, when they left Martin's house in Riverton to meet Uden's ex-husband, Gerald, in Pavillion.

Virginia told her mother that Gerald was going to take the two boys bird hunting and so the boys had a rifle with them, Martin said.

Richard was 11 and Reagan was 10 years old. Neither the boys nor their mother has been seen since.

The 1973 Ford station wagon Virginia had been driving wasn't found until almost a month later in the rugged Dickinson Park area of the Wind River Mountains on the edge of Trout Creek Canyon about 20 miles west of Lander, and about 35 miles southwest of the current dig site.

Large amounts of blood matching Virginia Uden's blood type were found in the rear, middle and front of the car.

Somebody had apparently attempted to push the car down a steep embankment, but the front wheels had turned on the way down and the car became lodged on some rocks, about 75 feet from the top, before it could fall into the deep canyon below.

Somebody then had attempted to hide the vehicle by covering it with pine boughs cut from nearby trees.

Local, state and federal authorities have assumed for years that Virginia was most likely murdered, but held out hope that one day they'd find the two boys. Authorities have yet to find enough evidence to arrest and prosecute any suspect on any counts.

Martin said Monday that she was encouraged that there finally seemed to be some progress in the case, after so many years of stagnation.

"I'm just hoping that they're going to do something finally, because it's been 28 years," Martin said. "The officers from DCI have done a lot, and I sure appreciate what they're doing now, because it's been so long. These are really good men that are working on it."

The UW archeology team had found "nothing of value" as of Monday evening, Evagelatos said.

Reporter Chris Merrill can be reached at chris.merrill@trib.com or at (307) 267-6722.

http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/...44f00055bf3.txt

I believe that a woman incarcerated in Florida named Teresa L. Higginbotho(a)n looks very much like Virginia Lynne Uden. Ironically a Richard K. Cadarette, now deceased, but also previously incarcerated in FL used an alias Mark Uden and looks like the age enhanced Richard Uden. Also incarcerated is Earl T. Higginbothan in FL prison for sexual assault on minors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back