Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    Not too far away.

No, I wouldn't say I know for certain but I have extreme doubts. But besides that, do you have some theory as to why it would matter how she got in there?

I'm not even sure it matters how she got in, or that she was there.

Several posts though seem adamant that she should not be allowed in a bar because she's 20.

Since laws vary by state, pointing out that you don't have to be 21 to go to the bars in Indiana, posting the relevant Indiana Code, and adding personal experience with it seems appropriate, don't you think?
    Last edited by Btown; 07-03-2011 at 08:54 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
    If you can find a link the the PC addressing this, I belive the LE said they did not have video evidence to confirm or support this sighting. That's very different from saying it never happened.

Also, since we are on the topic, the "mystery man" in the 3:38 sighting is only a mystery to us, the general public. LE said "that individual is known to us" or some such thing.

Qualters sure can say a lot with out saying much of anything, if you know what I mean.
    There are links to this press-conference all over the threads. The links have been posted numerous times, and obviously people interpret what he said differently. I've already expressed my opinion on what he said, and I do not agree with the interpretation that LE just doesn't have video to confirm it but believe it happened.
    Just my opinion

Gosh it feels like we're all grasping at straws now. Feels like we got nothun'.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    Gosh it feels like we're all grasping at straws now. Feels like we got nothun'.
    It's case we don't have any new info, and LE stopped giving out even the small amount of info they had been giving out before.
    Just my opinion

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I chalk that up to bad writing skills by whomever.
    Also, men are just realllly bad at fashion.

Try this next time you are out with some male buds. Watch as a hot girl walks by. Take mental notes. 10 minutes later, ask "what was she wearing?"

Do this with female friends? They may even be able to name the designer.

I thought Qualters was really awkward and stilted when it came to describing the clothes BTW. The picture really was worth a thousand words!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

Try this next time you are out with some male buds. Watch as a hot girl walks by. Take mental notes. 10 minutes later, ask "what was she wearing?"
    Ok, that tickled my funny bone. So true. Us men are bad at that.

Thanks for the laugh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    It's case we don't have any new info, and LE stopped giving out even the small amount of info they had been giving out before.
    I know. I was just emoting. It's frustrating. But it's interesting to observe the process as my first time Websleuthing. The ups and downs...highs and lows. Participation and types of questions, etc.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

I thought Qualters was really awkward and stilted when it came to describing the clothes BTW. The picture really was worth a thousand words!
    I was afraid to say the same thing earlier because I might offend a guy on the board. Too much political correctness in my world.

Wonder if the men would prefer to call the butterfly sleeves bat wing sleeves?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

I was afraid to say the same thing earlier because I might offend a guy on the board. Too much political correctness in my world.

We still wouldn't know what it is.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Btown For This Useful Post:

Lauren would likely appreciate this fashion discussion.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blythe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    There are links to this press-conference all over the threads. The links have been posted numerous times, and obviously people interpret what he said differently. I've already expressed my opinion on what he said, and I do not agree with the interpretation that LE just doesn't have video to confirm it but believe it happened.
    Ahh, but that is what is so compelling about WS, yes? The idea that two human brains can see and hear and read and process the exact same thing and come to differing conclusions.

To believe, or not to believe, that is the question.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to plaidmom For This Useful Post:

I realize you're making a joke above, my point is how can you mistake a tank top for a shirt with sleeves to the elbow when you have at least 3 separate videos? It honestly made me question whether or not she is even the girl in the alley walking north.

Edit- Hmm, looks like the initial description included a loose, light colored button shirt over the tank top. I'll suspend my disbelief that they could be this wrong now
    Edit2- Could the "button shirt" be the jacket we've seen her holding?
    Last edited by bx2; 07-03-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: editz

That's fine in the case of male friends, but since I've seen that picture of her I've been saying that LS looks like she is wearing a men's, white v-neck undershirt. It's probably a men's size medium or large based on the way it fits her and her size. It just seems kind of crappy that that info would be incorrect There could be the tee-shirt laying anywhere now and people would just assume "eh, not the right shirt" because it's not a women's shirt and it doesn't fit the broad, strange description that they've been giving out.

LS's dress has always made me scratch my head. It REALLY does not look like an outfit put together to go out for the night, just to hang out, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Btown View Post
    I'm not even sure it matters how she got in, or that she was there.

Several posts though seem adamant that she should not be allowed in a bar because she's 20.

Since laws vary by state, pointing out that you don't have to be 21 to go to the bars in Indiana, posting the relevant Indiana Code, and adding personal experience with it seems appropriate, don't you think?
    I can understand it more as an aside than directly relevant. I can't imagine any scenario where it would play a factor here. But you are correct in pointing out that in some situations someone under the age of 21 could legally be in a bar.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to akh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akh View Post
    I can understand it more as an aside than directly relevant. I can't imagine any scenario where it would play a factor here. But you are correct in pointing out that in some situations someone under the age of 21 could legally be in a bar.
    Fair enough.

Maybe she lost that outer shirt/jacket early on, and all of her friends described only the tank top? Anyway, I would hope that any shirts/jackets/clothing items found in the area are turned in, let LE decide if they are Lauren's.
    Just my opinion, of course.

JMO Having known some young people who have been diagnosed with big health problems. Some will really take the healthy road but quite a few will tempt fate, to prove to themselves mostly, but also to other people that they a normal not fragile. Or they will try and cram every life experiance in just in case their health cuts their life short. I find that mind state very understandable, its a big burden.

My responsibility working in a bar is to check the ID, if they have ID you serve them unless the IDs totally out of whack. Honestly i can't guess peoples age that well. I do not have time or get paid enough to interrogate the customers neither do the bouncers.

I would SO get a lawyer for my child (or myself) if involved in a situation like this. Stress relief mostly. So easy to say the wrong thing.

One person( probably) is responsible for LS not being found, maybe even LS if she just curled up somewhere cause she did'nt feel good. But the people not involved, their lives forever changed because they were just in the wrong place, wrong time but they know nothing. Because they party does not make them bad or evil.

My heart twists for her family. LS just girl she did nothing wrong, foolish maybe but thats not a crime. JMO MOO

29. The Following User Says Thank You to nao For This Useful Post:

my impression of the 3:38 sighting--- is that LE is saying it's not Lauren, at that time because they have Lauren on video with another man, who they do know who it is.
    http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/...-spierer-case/

bar: i dont think it matters at this point in time how Lauren got into the bar (unless they served her alcohol there) but i just have to add that most college girls under 21 can easily get into a bar either via fake ID or knowing someone at the bar who will let them in. sadly, it's very common. There is an abducted 19 yr old girl from Boulder CO right now who vanished after last being seen in a 21 over club. bars want the young girls (free ladies night anyone?) to come in there because that brings in the crowd which spends money. nothing much has changed since i was getting into -bars on campus...at age 15.

something that i've often wondered about: DNA. i can understand the use of the POI's giving DNA IF a body is found and IF a crime scene comes about-- but whats the point in LE asking for it now? as i understand CR and maybe MB have submitted DNA. I'd much rather see LE getting poly's from all these guys.
    fat chance that will happen now that they all have attorney's

date rape drugs: i dont see that being the case with Lauren. for one, guys that use that... plan on having a few hours with the victim. wait. i might be changing my mind in mid sentence. what is the first time any of the POI's were seen or heard from the next morning? what time did CR chat it up with the guy at the pharmacy & ask him if he had seen Lauren? and what time did JW get the call that Lauren's phone was found at the bar?

i still think this was an accidental drug/alcohol related death & everyone who had non-clean hands-- panicked and covered it up. it happens so much more than people realize. http://www.friendsdontletfriendsdie.com/index.shtml

....unless.... we find out more regarding JR's out of town friend. regardless i'd really like to know more about when & how he left town.

no way do i think this was a random abduction. Lauren was all over the place that night. someone would have to be in the exact location Lauren was in & at a time when she was with no one else & no one else was outside walking around nor did anyone have their windows open in case she screamed. what are the chances of that? not as great as having a health issue while partying with these guys. speaking of- where are the girls in this crowd? thats odd!!!
    Our government couldn't care less about us.

http://www.myspace.com/kelli_laine_doa

I alluded to this above, but it really clicks in to place for me that she was wearing the jacket/long-sleeve shirt that she was pictured with in the Smallwood photo. This is why the initial description would include the loose, light colored, button down shirt.

I also just found this, which I hadn't seen before. Gives a lot more description on jewelry-

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases...ort_html/11173

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 5150_bound View Post
    my impression of the 3:38 sighting--- is that LE is saying it's not Lauren, at that time because they have Lauren on video with another man, who they do know who it is.
    http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/...-spierer-case/

bar: i dont think it matters at this point in time how Lauren got into the bar (unless they served her alcohol there) but i just have to add that most college girls under 21 can easily get into a bar either via fake ID or knowing someone at the bar who will let them in. sadly, it's very common. There is an abducted 19 yr old girl from Boulder CO right now who vanished after last being seen in a 21 over club. bars want the young girls (free ladies night anyone?) to come in there because that brings in the crowd which spends money. nothing much has changed since i was getting into -bars on campus...at age 15.

something that i've often wondered about: DNA. i can understand the use of the POI's giving DNA IF a body is found and IF a crime scene comes about-- but whats the point in LE asking for it now? as i understand CR and maybe MB have submitted DNA. I'd much rather see LE getting poly's from all these guys. fat chance that will happen now that they all have attorney's

date rape drugs: i dont see that being the case with Lauren. for one, guys that use that... plan on having a few hours with the victim. wait. i might be changing my mind in mid sentence. what is the first time any of the POI's were seen or heard from the next morning? what time did CR chat it up with the guy at the pharmacy & ask him if he had seen Lauren? and what time did JW get the call that Lauren's phone was found at the bar?

i still think this was an accidental drug/alcohol related death & everyone who had non-clean hands-- panicked and covered it up. it happens so much more than people realize. http://www.friendsdontletfriendsdie.com/index.shtml

....unless.... we find out more regarding JR's out of town friend. regardless i'd really like to know more about when & how he left town.

no way do i think this was a random abduction. Lauren was all over the place that night. someone would have to be in the exact location Lauren was in & at a time when she was with no one else & no one else was outside walking around nor did anyone have their windows open in case she screamed. what are the chances of that? not as great as having a health issue while partying with these guys. speaking of- where are the girls in this crowd? thats odd!!!
    The DNA serves two purposes, to see who will and will not provide it, and to hold for future use if/when Lauren is found...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bx2 View Post
    I also just found this, which I hadn't seen before. Gives a lot more description on jewelry-

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases...ort_html/11173

And doesn't list a vehicle (not that that is definitive)
    Nice find.

I am having problem posting photos from flicker on to here.
    So it is a slow process. Lack of knowledge. and my directions maybe off or reversed, so anyone notice a wrong direction given, please feel free to correct.
    The alley way looking south towards 8th street from 11th street......the gravel area is just to the right of the photo. Wanted to show the cameras.

I have 26 photos to post.
    if anyone can tell me the easy and best way to do that with flicker.
    Please tell me.
    I will wait before posting anymore. it took me over an hour just to post this one!
    Last edited by :+:MrTT:+:; 07-03-2011 at 10:30 PM.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:

Locals - any news about the body found in Fall Creek? Can you tell us where this is located? TIA!!

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...-in-fall-creek
    Last edited by elmomom; 07-03-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added link

38. The Following User Says Thank You to elmomom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    Locals - any news about the body found in Fall Creek? Can you tell us where this is located? TIA!!

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...-in-fall-creek
    WOW. How far is that from Bloomington?

I am no expert - could a body decompose so severely that authorities could not determine the age or race?

Fall Creek is in the middle of Indy practically (though it's not a metropolis like Chicago or larger cities). It seems strange someone would drive from Bloomington into the heart of Indianapolis to dispose of a body when there are so many rural areas in-between. My bet would be the missing grandmother, but you never know.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast