2011.07.02 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotdivein

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Not sure what this is, but it's adorable and apparently edible. Let's all just imagine that it is also vegan and both calorie and gluten-free.

tumblr_lihfg0T7wi1qa7a0to1_400.jpg

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lihfg0T7wi1qa7a0to1_400.jpg

Good Morning! :coffeecup:

Not sure what those are either but they're too cute to eat. :biggrin:

Tomorrow night, this jury will be deliberating and we will be on verdict watch! Still can't believe we're almost there.

Justice for Caylee! :grouphug:

Jean Casarez remarked that the jurors were not taking notes yesterday. I think this jury has already made up their minds. Closing arguments by the pros will only seal the deal for them and I predict a 1st degree Guilty verdict in less than 4 hours.:woot:

Jean Casarez remarked that the jurors were not taking notes yesterday. I think this jury has already made up their minds. Closing arguments by the pros will only seal the deal for them and I predict a 1st degree Guilty verdict in less than 4 hours.:woot:

I'm thinking the same thing ^^
it'll be facinating to learn, once some jurors make the TV rounds, how early they leaned towards guilt, what had the biggest impact & what they disregarded. They've seen & heard through such a radically different filter than the rest of us.

Here's to hoping the first juror speaks out sunday nite !

Monday is a USA holiday, the Jurors may want to be with family.....finally. A verdict maybe reached as soon as Sunday night. (in my imaginary world).

Monday is a USA holiday, the Jurors may want to be with family.....finally. A verdict maybe reached as soon as Sunday night. (in my imaginary world).

Hey wait a sec. I predicted the same thing. Are we in the same imaginary world? Got any imaginary friends you can introduce me to? I got a couple. :fence:

:D

The thing that keeps coming up is WHY. I believe (and others have posted that they believe this also) that it is because Caylee was reaching the age of talking well and that she was or would soon be able to tell on Casey.

Caylee was approaching the age of being able to tell:
1. There was no nanny;
2. Her mother was drugging her while she partied the night away;
3. She was being mistreated in other ways

Casey was NOT going to be told on by her daughter (and by consequence not be allowed to continue her manner of life) and therefore it was ESSENTIAL that she kill her. Premeditated with aggravating circumstances (child abuse; lying to authorities) - 1st degree - life without the possibility of parole.

If the jury wants to go home so bad they will not find her guilty of Murder 1 - if they did they would go into the penalty phase which will take a while. Lets just hope the jury is here for justice for Caylee and in it for the long haul.

The thing that keeps coming up is WHY. I believe (and others have posted that they believe this also) that it is because Caylee was reaching the age of talking well and that she was or would soon be able to tell on Casey.

Caylee was approaching the age of being able to tell:
1. There was no nanny;
2. Her mother was drugging her while she partied the night away;
3. She was being mistreated in other ways

Casey was NOT going to be told on by her daughter (and by consequence not be allowed to continue her manner of life) and therefore it was ESSENTIAL that she kill her. Premeditated with aggravating circumstances (child abuse; lying to authorities) - 1st degree - life without the possibility of parole.

I agree with all of the above but I also believe the pros theory that Caylee was becoming a burden to Casey's partying life and threw her out like trash. :(

If the jury wants to go home so bad they will not find her guilty of Murder 1 - if they did they would go into the penalty phase which will take a while. Lets just hope the jury is here for justice for Caylee and in it for the long haul.

Are they sequestered during the penalty phase?

Something's been bothering me, hope you guys can help. Did either the prosecution or the defense ask RK if there was any duct tape on the skull when he found it? I don't recall anybody asking him this, I may be wrong, but it's nagging at me.

Are they sequestered during the penalty phase?

Normally penalty phase follows the trial and verdict and the previously sequestered jury remains sequestered. They will discuss aggravating/mitigating circumstances.

But - it is up to the judge if they get a break between and if they remain sequestered.

Good Morning!

ynotdivein those are the cutest little things, I will have two with my coffee.

To the jury, please, please, please come to the right conclusion in justice for Caylee.

I watched 20/20 last night about Diane Downs....OMG!! the mannerisms, and affect of Diane Downs and ICA were so shockingly similar, I was floored. The incessant talking bout herself, inappropriate laughter, discussing her children, devoid of any feelings for anyone but herself, even her demeanor in court was a mirror image to what I just witnessed, these last 39 days.

It's so difficult for those with "empathy" to judge someone who lacks it entirely, until you observe the striking similarities, which make up a Sociopath's behavior. They are truly "in their own world"....Very scary!

It would be nice but I think the timeline for final arguments and jury instructions rules out a verdict on Sunday, we have 4 hours for each team and then an hour for instructions that makes 9 and then allowing for lunch and rest breaks on top - we're looking at a very long day. I think the jury will sleep on it and then come back with a verdict late on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth