I have a ton of questions about the jury, deliberations, the verdict and penalty phase. I'm sorry, I did some searches, but didn't find specific answers and didn't really know what thread to ask on...please move mods if a whole new thread is not appropiate.
1. Is there any way the jurors will be home for the 4th of the July? Or with the penalty phase, for that matter, by the time the London Juror needs to leave on July 7th?
2. Since closing arguments are on Sunday, even if they decide in 10 minutes...which I know won't happen...will they announce the verdict on Sunday night? Or if they decide Monday, will the announce the verdict on the the 4th of July or wait until Tuesday?
3. Do they deliberate as long as they want per day...or are there set hours...like 9am-5pm.
4. Are they stuck in that little jury room the whole time?
5. If they deliberate on 4th of July, does everyone have to be available if they have a question? I ask that because I thought I read their questions have to be read in open court?
3. Do the jurors get to leave right after the verdict is announced or are they held until the penalty phase?
4. If they are held for the penalty phase, how long could that take?
5. What if they lose a juror unavoidably (say, due to illness) after the verdict but before the penalty phase?
6. If the London juror wants out as to not miss her London vacation and she realizes they won't be decided by July 7th and asks to be excused, will the HHJP allow it?
7. What do the alternates do while the 12 are deliberating?
8. If the verdict comes down on say Wednesday, when do you think they could the jurors realistically go home?