Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

Sistah Sleuth

Reaction score
Yes, I know Cindy is grieving grandparent and is also grieving the inevitable loss of her daughter which she tried to prevent by lying on the witness stand. However, Cindy's behavior, in my opinion, is indicative of why Caylee is deceased, people are camping outside the courtroom, George was near suicide and all of here at WS can't tear ourselves away from this trial along with many others across the nation. Cindy has never allowed Casey to suffer any consequences for her behavior and actions for she has been forever coddled. Cindy was well aware that Casey killed the baby--the unthinkable--and yet Cindy still protects her as she risks her own freedom. Is that love? Is that truly a demonstration of a mother's love? No. That is the ultimate demonstration of co-dependency. I don't say that Cindy should turn her back on her. Allowing your child to take responsibility and deal with consequences is in now way turning your back but instead it builds positive character. Casey's character sucks and so does Cindy's and she needs to suffer the consequences for her behavior and actions in this matter as well. She knew she was lying to the court and breaking the law and it did not matter to her. She was willing to take a chance and face prosecution so that's what should happen--and I think she should get the maximum sentence too.

What do you think?

:yes: she should. And :no: you are not alone. And, I :tyou: for saying all that you have said. It is not love. It is not love at all.

Yes, her many blatant lies through this whole mess, the brush, her doing her best to derail the justice system, and especially for her lies on the stand this last time about the computer searches. I hope HH comes down on her with a hammer. She had me feeling sorry for her when she cried listening to the 911 call, but after what she did following that, I do hope she gets what she deserves.

Loving your child and being willing to die for them is one thing...but being willing to lie for them is another.

This is a high profile case, if Cindy is not charged with perjury what message does that send? I believe that she should be charged, the sentence I have no idea but she should be charged.

Let me add that I have been thinking alot about this this morning. I think it did Casey more harm than help with Cindy getting up on that stand and lying. If I were a juror, I would think "hmmmm...why lie if there is nothing to cover up".

In case there's another trial she shouldn't be prosecuted for perjury. If KC's acquitted, then I absolutely think she should be prosecuted.

I wonder what Cindy's family thinks about all of this? Cindy's lies have impeded the investigation through its entirety. She should be charged.

YES! Her attitude about lying permeated the whole family. It was how they operated. In their world lying was OK. Just one of the things that have us fascinated by this case. The lying, secrets, betrayals, alliances and other bizarre behaviors were how they lived. Honesty, integrity, living by the 'golden' rule seem to be more the norm.

I also think Kidfinders and all of the organizations that donated big $$$ and time should sue for misrepresentation... to make sure that the Anthonys are not profiting off of Caylee's death.

My husband thinks she should get 15 years in the slammer.He said that about 5 times last night.

I was kinda on the fence about this until last nite. Greta VS had ICA special on last nite. She was showing some interviews with CA from 2008. First let me say, good lord these people cannot give a simple answer, ramble, ramble, ramble.

With that being said, after watching these interviews, I finally decided I think there should be some kind of punishment. I understand the grieving mother/grandmother thing, but CA was nasty and so obviously covering for ICA from way back.

Like mother like daughter, they both became very media savvy and I believe were in competition for the spotlight.

From the very beginning when she gave wrong hairbrush to investigators, to the day she decided she was going to lie on the stand, she thought she could control everything.

She should suffer some sort of consequence.

This is a high profile case, if Cindy is not charged with perjury what message does that send? I believe that she should be charged, the sentence I have no idea but she should be charged.

I totally agree, with the world watching she raises her hand and swears to tell the truth and then lies her a&& off. She has lied enough and should be held responsible for doing so. Not to mention the money spent to get to the truth.

I believe she should be prosecuted. Perjury was just the latest in a long list of crimes committed by her to save her daughter, which tells me she knew all along who killed Caylee and that Caylee was indeed dead. I think both CA and GA should be prosecuted.

I've been watching and listening to CA since this whole tragic murder was known. Watching CA on GVS, I knew immediately the toddler was dead and murdered by her mother. CA portrayed herself as a tireless, though wilting, steel magnolia. From the outset, she refused to answer questions about Casey, as did George early on, wanting only to say Caylee was MISSING.
I believe they knew when they toured the back yard what had happened and went into spin mode. The ladder, the gate...

Stonewalling the investigation under the guise that law enforcement was not doing their job, looking only at Casey, while they continued to stir the angry citizen pot with cries for Zenaida, without a care for what could have happened to the Zenaida (or her children) we saw or the countless others they practically pointed out to the press and what cities to look in.

GA went to LE and tried work a deal for Casey. He knew.
Cindy practically pee'd herself with glee as she turned over the wrong hairbrush to FBI. She knew.

They concocted the JBP story. They concocted the pool ladder story with the gate being open. They committed fraud on a sympathetic public, taking donations.

Both should be charged with perjury, misprision, tampering with evidence, witness tampering, lying to LE, fraud, whatever else you can throw at them that I am forgetting this morning.

After any appeals for Casey are exhausted, charge Cindy (if the statute of limitations hasn't run out) and give her a suspended sentence. I just cannot fault a mother lying to save her child's life, I might very well do the same. Not for an acquittal, but to keep her alive. But yes, eventually she should be held accountable.

I have this vision of an intense conversation in the Anthony home, with LA and GA finally seeing the light and refusing to lie under oath for ICA, and CA insisting she WILL lie if necessary to save ICA's life. I can't bring myself to fault any of them for their decision. None of us know what we would do if we were in their shoes.

Yes I think she should be prosecuted but I think it is dangerous to say things like she is "well aware Casey killed the baby." I think it is a HUGE leap for a parent to go from thinking your daughter is a princess to thinking she is a murderer. Everything points to Casey being a normal chick up until that moment (and actually after it) just lazy (a trait MANY of her generation has)....though we think we do, we do not know Casey like Cindy does. I think very well that there's a big difference between the murderous Casey and the girl they knew for 23+ years.

Cindy stated she believed the nanny story up until 6 weeks before the trial began.....there's a lot of catching up to US that she has to do.

BUT you cannnot lie on the witness stand - she should be charged but I wouldn't "throw the book" at her....just enough a sentence to sting so she doesn't lie on the appeal.

Yes, I know Cindy is grieving grandparent and is also grieving the inevitable loss of her daughter which she tried to prevent by lying on the witness stand. However, Cindy's behavior, in my opinion, is indicative of why Caylee is deceased, people are camping outside the courtroom, George was near suicide and all of here at WS can't tear ourselves away from this trial along with many others across the nation. Cindy has never allowed Casey to suffer any consequences for her behavior and actions for she has been forever coddled. Cindy was well aware that Casey killed the baby--the unthinkable--and yet Cindy still protects her as she risks her own freedom. Is that love? Is that truly a demonstration of a mother's love? No. That is the ultimate demonstration of co-dependency. I don't say that Cindy should turn her back on her. Allowing your child to take responsibility and deal with consequences is in now way turning your back but instead it builds positive character. Casey's character sucks and so does Cindy's and she needs to suffer the consequences for her behavior and actions in this matter as well. She knew she was lying to the court and breaking the law and it did not matter to her. She was willing to take a chance and face prosecution so that's what should happen--and I think she should get the maximum sentence too.

What do you think?

I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

Obviously we all know she is desperate and confused, as she has always been since the beginning of this case. And while Prosecutors may despise her for talking out of both sides of her mouth, I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

From researching this issue here and elsewhere, it seems unlikely that she will be prosecuted for perjury. There are a number of discussions on this in the Ask the Lawyers thread.
However, I do believe that she should be charged with obstruction of justice. She and the entire family went to great extremes to obfuscate or obliterate evidence starting with the car on July 15th.
Why oh why would you cover up the "smell of death" in a vehicle that was the last place your missing relatives were seen? That is just indicates knowledge of wrongdoing on some level to me.
They each made it as difficult as possible for any legitimate entity (LE) or organization (TES) to do their respective jobs with investigating this case or searching for their "loved one(s)".
Instead, they took the Jerry Springer approach on talk shows, with con men, having meet and greets, flying around, yelling at Greta Van Susteren, telling Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez she is not a "10" (!!!). Then there is the foundation, the Caylee Marie boat, the guest appearances at the sites of other missing children's homes (Haleigh Cummings, Trenton Duckett etc..).
This family turned this into a zoo from "the get go". CA lead the charge.
Think about how much money the state of Florida and the Federal gvernment put into this giant boondoggle! What else do you think could have been done with all those resources?????
I understand that many donations helped to pay the memorial service, helped with the house foreclosure.
These people are shamelessly self absorbed and just too over the top for words.

I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

I agree that this will be the likely outcome and Cindy will not be charged. I think she should be though. JMO

JMHO. I think CA feels a lot of guilt. She feels guilt because of the argument she and ICA had on the 15th, that was never brought out in the trial. She may feel guilty, because I believe the flurry of calls on the 16th of June were from ICA wanting them to babysit so she could "do her thing" with AL.

The truth is, CA, nor any mom in that position should not feel guilty over those things. No matter what transpired ICA, and only ICA, made the choice to do away with Caylee.

There are lots of mother and daughter fights in the world every day, but they don't result in a dead child. There are lots of times grandparents can't or do not feel like babysitting, that doesn't result in a dead child.

Cindy perjured herself, out of guilt, IMHO. She needs counseling to understand that people are only responsible for THEIR OWN actions. This whole family lies, to cover up dysfunction. If her daughter is convicted of murder, that is punishment enough.

I pray that when this is over CA&GA take whatever money they get for the LifeTime movie, and move far away and get their marriage and life back together.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back