Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 633

Thread: Who believes that Cindy should be prosecuted for perjury? Or is it just me...?

  1. #301
    nomoresorrow's Avatar
    nomoresorrow is offline Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Since the judge has had to bring two spectators down for sentencing, one for an outburst and the other for using his middle finger, yes she should be punished. Otherwise, it lets people think they can lie in a courtroom under oath and get away with it. But, I think George lied, too.
    You're right, either George OR Crystal/River lied but it can't be proven (at least not yet) which one is lying, regardless of what we think. Cindy's lies, on the other hand, while under oath have been proven to be lies in court by the prosecutors in this case and that, IMO, is the difference as to why Cindy should be held legally accountable.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nomoresorrow For This Useful Post:


  3. #302
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Waiting
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but cops and DAs decide which crimes to prosecute and which to ignore every day.
    Yes. But we as a society much also follow the laws every day. LE and DA's have the luxury of choosing to prosecute a crime if they so wish, but Joe Citizen does not have the option of choosing whether to ignore the law or not. Well, they do, but there are consequences. When we start to tell ourselves that one law really doesn't matter, then we are in trouble. I am of the opinion that allowing CA to do what she did without consequence is the same as how she raised KC, and look where that got them. I have no doubt that CA expects to continue to lie and she expects everyone to just believe her or go to h$ll. KC learned from the master, IMO.




    It Was Ancient Aliens!

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chefmom For This Useful Post:


  5. #303
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    240
    She should be charged and she should have to serve at least 60 days in jail and pay a significant fine. I'm sure that she will milk the media and the highest bidder for publishing rights to her story.

    Grieving grandmother/mother or not, what kind of message does this send to people? It's not the only time she has lied during this case....she lied from the beginning. She has tried to obstruct justice (with hairbrushes and testimony) and she was out and out ridiculous in her interogations with John Morgan and other LE officers.

    She could have potentially changed the outcome of a trial with her false testimony.

    To not punish her, will continue to perpetuate the behavior that she has led for all of KC's life --lying, cover the lies, ignore the lies, no consequences.

    I don't ever wish to be in her position, but what if every criminal was allowed to skate like she has? It would be more of a crime jungle out there than it already is!
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

  6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to HOTNTX For This Useful Post:


  7. #304
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,084
    Whether or not CA is charged, she'll have this hanging over her head indefinitely.

    Quote: There is no statute of limitations for prosecuting a person for perjury in a capital offense (i.e., death penalty) case in Florida (FSA Section 775.15). The same rule applies to felony homicide cases and cases carrying a potential life sentence.

    Read more: Florida Perjury Statute of Limitations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7592826_fl...#ixzz1R08HECBM

  8. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Quiche For This Useful Post:


  9. #305
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between the beach and the river
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    I think she's in a heap of trouble, plus, the entire State's rebuttal was devoted to her crime, I don't think that's a coincidence. mo

    This is a nice little link: http://www.defending.com/perjury-cases
    BCBM
    Wow !That really puts it in perspective!
    Always ,just my opinion

    SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822




    *****************************************
    We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

  10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:


  11. #306
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Point taken. I don't pretend to remember all her many depos and trips to the stand. I've mostly been discussing her testimony re computer searches, since that seems to be the latest thing that has everyone upset with her.

    What would she hope to accomplish by giving LE the wrong brush? I've heard of this before, but never understood the point of that. Surely LE was bound to find out the truth, sooner or later.

    And I admit i don't know anything about finances or what the As have done with contributions.

    I believe you that you have good reason to have run out of sympathy. But that still leaves the difficulty of proving perjury and the impossibility of our court system coping if every lie on the stand were prosecuted.
    Thanks for the mature, intelligent feedback! This is why I choose WS amongst the hundreds of other Websites
    The thread title says "who believes that CA should be prosecuted for perjury" not if she will. Unfortunately, I do NOT believe she will for all the reasons you have addressed. But, I definitely feel she should be if the justice system had time to prosecute all this kind of nonsense! Perhaps use her as an example??
    She definitely would be the perfect one!!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:


  13. #307
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    ~Respectfully snipped~

    I agree that CA should not be prosecuted and I do feel very, very badly for her.

    I also agree, that legally, in front of the jury, the state cured CA lies.

    But.... I think the harm goes well past the legal issues and I wonder if the jury will be compassionate when reflecting on CA's testimony and the rebuttal.

    I really think that CA did more harm than good to ICA. The jury will now have the importance of those chloroform (sp?) searches "etched" in their minds - where before the jury heard the testimony and may not have given it as much importance. The searches were 3 months prior to Caylee "going missing." Now, however, it seems to me that the importance has been drilled in and there will be no glossing over the facts.

    I'm sad for CA, GA and LA.

    Salem
    BBM. Completely agree!

    If this ploy to lie had not been executed and cured by the rebuttal then it is highly likely the Jury would not give too much credence to the chloroform evidence and use given the confusion, it being present in many things.

    HOWEVER ... The lie from CA has highlighted this in importance to both CA and the DT ... That it was thought to be so significant to need to lie. It has risen in significance from a bunch of confusion to something that will sway many towards conviction but not only that but premeditation.

    It backfired and will not only turn the Jury off CA but likewise impact ICA -- the DT is guilty a few times in making things worse than if they'd left it alone So if CA is not punished for perjury she will still be punished for her actions.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:


  15. #308
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    18,464
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    Yes. But we as a society much also follow the laws every day. LE and DA's have the luxury of choosing to prosecute a crime if they so wish, but Joe Citizen does not have the option of choosing whether to ignore the law or not. Well, they do, but there are consequences. When we start to tell ourselves that one law really doesn't matter, then we are in trouble. I am of the opinion that allowing CA to do what she did without consequence is the same as how she raised KC, and look where that got them. I have no doubt that CA expects to continue to lie and she expects everyone to just believe her or go to h$ll. KC learned from the master, IMO.
    But read this thread. Cindy Anthony has been denounced as a liar not just here, but on every talk show devoted to this trial. I don't think it's accurate to say there have been no consequences.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  17. #309
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    The state already proved she lied. It doesn't have anything to do what posters believe.
    Lippman is already making the talking show rounds. Tonight on NG he said that Cindy is still adamant that she did the searches and now says it might have just been on a different computer.

    Now I say to that...wait a minute. Didn't she already say that they only had that one computer and her laptop that Casey used all the time? Oh, the webs we weave.

    IMO the best thing Lippman could do for his clients is get busy on some of his other cases and let this die down in the media.

    ETA - Another interesting thing Lippman said (something like this) "hypothetically if I could get her to recant, I would but she maintains she did those searches". From what I've read about perjury, if you lie under oath and later change your testimony or recant your testimony you are protected from perjury. Now..tell me that Lippman doesn't know she committed perjury?

    IMO
    Last edited by Talina; 07-02-2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


  19. #310
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between the beach and the river
    Posts
    6,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Whether or not CA is charged, she'll have this hanging over her head indefinitely.

    Quote: There is no statute of limitations for prosecuting a person for perjury in a capital offense (i.e., death penalty) case in Florida (FSA Section 775.15). The same rule applies to felony homicide cases and cases carrying a potential life sentence.

    Read more: Florida Perjury Statute of Limitations | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_7592826_fl...#ixzz1R08HECBM
    Thanks Quiche
    I was wondering about that.
    Always ,just my opinion

    SPECIAL NEEDS MISSING MAN
    JOHNNY LAMAR BROWN missing since Aug 3rd from MYRTLE BEACH,SC while on a family vacation .Hometown CARTERSVILLE,GA

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181822




    *****************************************
    We never saw it coming .Please talk to your teen even if you don't think you need to !
    Far more teens commit impulsive suicide without chronic depression
    Miss U James

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissJames For This Useful Post:


  21. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,840
    Quote Originally Posted by rotterdam View Post
    Much of the monies were undoubtedly used on P.I's and other sources investigating the whereabouts of Caylee since they could not believe the unthinkable that ICA murdered their granddaughter in the beginning..
    IIRc they have never paid DCasey. Or Hoover.

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:


  23. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    perry, ga
    Posts
    188
    Who and where do we write or email to encourage procecution of Cindy for perjury. Personally, I am furious. Her lack of ethics and integrity created ICA monster who became capable of murdering an innocent and beautiful child.
    No matter where you go, there you are!

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoneWithTheWind For This Useful Post:


  25. #313
    wonders's Avatar
    wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Here There and Everywhere
    Posts
    3,333
    Absolutely she should be prosecuted along with George and Lee.
    They're the ones who chose that path. They could have loved and supported ICA without lying.
    ICA also chose her path. She was 22 years old FGS. Everyone she hung out with was more responsible than she was and they didn't even have kids.
    I still have to ask WHAT ABOUT CAYLEE?
    I don't feel sorry for any of them. But I do feel awful for Caylee.

    Think of the way she responded when being sworn in "So Help Me GOD, Yes" knowing she was going to lie.
    They claim to be God fearing people...Yeah right. Self serving is what they are.

    What About CAYLEE?
    Last edited by wonders; 07-02-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: To Add
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wonders For This Useful Post:


  27. #314
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    18,464
    Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    Thanks for the mature, intelligent feedback! This is why I choose WS amongst the hundreds of other Websites
    The thread title says "who believes that CA should be prosecuted for perjury" not if she will. Unfortunately, I do NOT believe she will for all the reasons you have addressed. But, I definitely feel she should be if the justice system had time to prosecute all this kind of nonsense! Perhaps use her as an example??
    She definitely would be the perfect one!!
    Thanks deelytful, I see the distinction you are making. As I've said, I'd probably shrug this one off under the circumstances, but I don't blame anyone for resenting the disrespect of our judicial system.

    I know this is OT, but do you have a theory about CA giving LE the wrong brush? I just can't figure out what that was supposed to accomplish.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:


  29. #315
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    But read this thread. Cindy Anthony has been denounced as a liar not just here, but on every talk show devoted to this trial. I don't think it's accurate to say there have been no consequences.
    Those talk show 'consequences' do not appear to have made any impact as she is still lying. MLippman is now her spokesman and he is also continuing where she leaves off.
    She needs some real consequences

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:


  31. #316
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    1,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    It's unfortunate CA's pleas during the penalty phase may fall on insulted ears... there are many reasons there are laws against perjury. mo
    I agree. I just hope for a compassionate jury in regards to CA and that they do understand her motives fueled by a mother's hard wired instinct. Sadly ICA did not possess such a virtue.
    CA might have done more harm than good in her desperate attempts to save ICA from DP.
    Wonder if she was ill advised by JB.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotterdam For This Useful Post:


  33. #317
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    BBM. Completely agree!

    If this ploy to lie had not been executed and cured by the rebuttal then it is highly likely the Jury would not give too much credence to the chloroform evidence and use given the confusion, it being present in many things.

    HOWEVER ... The lie from CA has highlighted this in importance to both CA and the DT ... That it was thought to be so significant to need to lie. It has risen in significance from a bunch of confusion to something that will sway many towards conviction but not only that but premeditation.

    It backfired and will not only turn the Jury off CA but likewise impact ICA -- the DT is guilty a few times in making things worse than if they'd left it alone So if CA is not punished for perjury she will still be punished for her actions.
    Agreed...IMO she did her more harm than good, because let's be honest...if your own mother feels the need to (obviously) lie for you in a murder trial, then even SHE thinks you're guilty!

  34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kimmera For This Useful Post:


  35. #318
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,947
    I really believe CA wanted to spare ICA the DP, not get her off.

    CA, after all, did tell the truth about not searching for "neck-breaking," "household weapons," "how to make choloroform," etc.

    Any punishment for perjury, I believe, would pale in comparison to the loss of her Caylee.
    Unless I post a link to a fact, everything I post is my opinion only. Thanks!

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlap For This Useful Post:


  37. #319
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Thanks deelytful, I see the distinction you are making. As I've said, I'd probably shrug this one off under the circumstances, but I don't blame anyone for resenting the disrespect of our judicial system.

    I know this is OT, but do you have a theory about CA giving LE the wrong brush? I just can't figure out what that was supposed to accomplish.
    She enjoys being combative - and trying to outwit anyone she considers an adversary. It's hard to imagine,but the grieving grandmother thought it was amusing to play games with investigators..

  38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:


  39. #320
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Lippman is already making the talking show rounds. Tonight on NG he said that Cindy is still adamant that she did the searches and now says it might have just been on a different computer.

    Now I say to that...wait a minute. Didn't she already say that they only had that one computer and her laptop that Casey used all the time? Oh, the webs we weave.

    IMO the best thing Lippman could do for his clients is get busy on some of his other cases and let this die down in the media.
    What I say to that and have been all night after seeing his interview is that CA is just as sick as her daughter. She will lie even in the face of being caught (Universal Studios ring a bell?) Unfortunately, no one is in her face accusing her of the lies and this is why I wish beyond wishing that she could be brought up on perjury charges!!!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:


  41. #321
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    She enjoys being combative - and trying to outwit anyone she considers an adversary. It's hard to imagine,but the grieving grandmother thought it was amusing to play games with investigators..
    Nova, i totally agree with ZsaZsa. CA has like a "screw u" attitude when it comes to LE because how DARE they accuse HER family of such a thing!!
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



  42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deelytful1 For This Useful Post:


  43. #322
    gngr~snap's Avatar
    gngr~snap is offline Verified Professional Pediatric Triage/Phone Nurse
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    11,692
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    BCBM
    Wow !That really puts it in perspective!

    ok based on that I think CA helped ICA cover the murder up
    and GA was clueless.
    I gave you 30 days
    not reporting Caylee missing sooner
    Trying to blame Jesse early on
    the fake sightings
    ICA named ZFG but CA spewed her name all over the media
    insisting Caylee wasn't dead.
    look for the other ZFG
    white dog exsists so Zanny does too
    the slip about Caylee not being in the woods
    Tim Miller not being given items to look for a dead Caylee
    and several more
    I think she and ICA teamed up to sink GA
    IMO she knew all along and her emotions are an act.

    GA is still haunted with grief and I am worried about him.
    moo

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  45. #323
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,209
    I was just in Target buying some doggie treats for our dogs. I nearly fell over when I came across these: Nylabones with CHLOROPHYLL....turns out it's actually healthy for dogs!

    http://www.nylabone.com/product-find...hlorophyll.htm


  46. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:


  47. #324
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Liverpool Branch
    Posts
    5,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Thanks deelytful, I see the distinction you are making. As I've said, I'd probably shrug this one off under the circumstances, but I don't blame anyone for resenting the disrespect of our judicial system.

    I know this is OT, but do you have a theory about CA giving LE the wrong brush? I just can't figure out what that was supposed to accomplish.
    BBM. Because she can? It seems inbred into both CA and ICA. Like the way ICA tells lies her friends say she didn't need to. The same way ICA lied about missing an appointment and said, "I'm such a good liar!". CA stated early on she had no issue with half truths and mistruths. Also both CA and ICA exact revenge and retaliate long after any event. Don't cross either of them.

    They choose to game the system, sometimes it works, sometimes it backfires ... Other times it made no difference. They get a kick out of it though.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.



    Justice for Caylee

  48. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:


  49. #325
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    49
    Kind of funny CA was there taking notes during Gentiva's rebuttal. She will never get to use them. She can shake head as much as she wants...

    Jeez I hate ICA and CA! This trial brings out the worst in me sometimes.

  50. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elder Price For This Useful Post:


Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Megachurch Leader Charged with Perjury
    By STO4 in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
  2. Can Coulter and Malkin be prosecuted?
    By windovervocalcords in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 10:12 PM
  3. Fed agent charged with perjury in Martha's trial
    By Newswolf in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2004, 04:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •