Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Yes I think she should be prosecuted but I think it is dangerous to say things like she is "well aware Casey killed the baby." I think it is a HUGE leap for a parent to go from thinking your daughter is a princess to thinking she is a murderer. Everything points to Casey being a normal chick up until that moment (and actually after it) just lazy (a trait MANY of her generation has)....though we think we do, we do not know Casey like Cindy does. I think very well that there's a big difference between the murderous Casey and the girl they knew for 23+ years.

Cindy stated she believed the nanny story up until 6 weeks before the trial began.....there's a lot of catching up to US that she has to do.

BUT you cannnot lie on the witness stand - she should be charged but I wouldn't "throw the book" at her....just enough a sentence to sting so she doesn't lie on the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sistah Sleuth View Post
    Yes, I know Cindy is grieving grandparent and is also grieving the inevitable loss of her daughter which she tried to prevent by lying on the witness stand. However, Cindy's behavior, in my opinion, is indicative of why Caylee is deceased, people are camping outside the courtroom, George was near suicide and all of here at WS can't tear ourselves away from this trial along with many others across the nation. Cindy has never allowed Casey to suffer any consequences for her behavior and actions for she has been forever coddled. Cindy was well aware that Casey killed the baby--the unthinkable--and yet Cindy still protects her as she risks her own freedom. Is that love? Is that truly a demonstration of a mother's love? No. That is the ultimate demonstration of co-dependency. I don't say that Cindy should turn her back on her. Allowing your child to take responsibility and deal with consequences is in now way turning your back but instead it builds positive character. Casey's character sucks and so does Cindy's and she needs to suffer the consequences for her behavior and actions in this matter as well. She knew she was lying to the court and breaking the law and it did not matter to her. She was willing to take a chance and face prosecution so that's what should happen--and I think she should get the maximum sentence too.

What do you think?

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:

I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

Obviously we all know she is desperate and confused, as she has always been since the beginning of this case. And while Prosecutors may despise her for talking out of both sides of her mouth, I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

...secret mountains in flyover country...

Perjury-No, Obbstruction of Justice?

From researching this issue here and elsewhere, it seems unlikely that she will be prosecuted for perjury. There are a number of discussions on this in the Ask the Lawyers thread.
    However, I do believe that she should be charged with obstruction of justice. She and the entire family went to great extremes to obfuscate or obliterate evidence starting with the car on July 15th.
    Why oh why would you cover up the "smell of death" in a vehicle that was the last place your missing relatives were seen? That is just indicates knowledge of wrongdoing on some level to me.
    They each made it as difficult as possible for any legitimate entity (LE) or organization (TES) to do their respective jobs with investigating this case or searching for their "loved one(s)".
    Instead, they took the Jerry Springer approach on talk shows, with con men, having meet and greets, flying around, yelling at Greta Van Susteren, telling Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez she is not a "10" (!!!). Then there is the foundation, the Caylee Marie boat, the guest appearances at the sites of other missing children's homes (Haleigh Cummings, Trenton Duckett etc..).
    This family turned this into a zoo from "the get go". CA lead the charge.
    Think about how much money the state of Florida and the Federal gvernment put into this giant boondoggle! What else do you think could have been done with all those resources?????
    I understand that many donations helped to pay the memorial service, helped with the house foreclosure.
    These people are shamelessly self absorbed and just too over the top for words.
    Knowledge is power....
    ..Ignorance is bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.
    I agree that this will be the likely outcome and Cindy will not be charged. I think she should be though. JMO

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    JMHO. I think CA feels a lot of guilt. She feels guilt because of the argument she and ICA had on the 15th, that was never brought out in the trial. She may feel guilty, because I believe the flurry of calls on the 16th of June were from ICA wanting them to babysit so she could "do her thing" with AL.

The truth is, CA, nor any mom in that position should not feel guilty over those things. No matter what transpired ICA, and only ICA, made the choice to do away with Caylee.

There are lots of mother and daughter fights in the world every day, but they don't result in a dead child. There are lots of times grandparents can't or do not feel like babysitting, that doesn't result in a dead child.

Cindy perjured herself, out of guilt, IMHO. She needs counseling to understand that people are only responsible for THEIR OWN actions. This whole family lies, to cover up dysfunction. If her daughter is convicted of murder, that is punishment enough.

I pray that when this is over CA&GA take whatever money they get for the LifeTime movie, and move far away and get their marriage and life back together.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to curiositycat For This Useful Post:

She has lost a granddaughter she loved dearly.
    She has lost a daughter she loved dearly.
    Her daughter will be convicted of murder.
    Her once quiet, life will be forever a media circus.
    The world will never desist judging her.
    She has been proven to be a liar in front of the world.
    She may have to watch the State kill her daughter.
    She has and will continue to be vilified in the media and on chat boards everywhere.
    She will probably never be able to work as a nurse again.

Punishment enough for the sin of trying to protect her family. Cindy is no angel, but she isn't the devil incarnate either. She's a MOTHER.

JMHO

“Re-examine all that you have been told...dismiss that which insults your soul.” ~ Walt Whitman

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to monique For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by USARDOG View Post
    Yes, her many blatant lies through this whole mess, the brush, her doing her best to derail the justice system, and especially for her lies on the stand this last time about the computer searches. I hope HH comes down on her with a hammer. She had me feeling sorry for her when she cried listening to the 911 call, but after what she did following that, I do hope she gets what she deserves.

Apparently Cindy lying on the stand under oath is OK if Nancy Grace says so.

And if I hear NG say one more time that ICA, "Set Cindy up for perjury," I swear...

.....I'm gonna.... I'm gonna....

....stir my tea with a dirty spoon.

moo

No. It will be a waste of resources. Move On.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CHCL3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyObsessed View Post
    Let me add that I have been thinking alot about this this morning. I think it did Casey more harm than help with Cindy getting up on that stand and lying. If I were a juror, I would think "hmmmm...why lie if there is nothing to cover up".

My guess is we won’t see any perjury charges against CA once this trial is over. Here’s why……CA told the biggest most obvious lies about the chloroform searches and they were shown to be fabrications. Anyone would know how easy it would be to prove she couldn’t have made the searches once her work records were examined, so why did she lie knowing she would get caught? Did she cut a deal with the SA and tailor her testimony to discredit her daughter and thus save herself from prosecution for previous perjury even though she was committing perjury again by saying she made the searches? The only thing that rings true is that she wanted the world to know that only her daughter could have made those searches and that the murder of Caylee was in fact premeditated by none other than ICA who was the only person that could have made the searches. It seems to me she wants ICA convicted of murder 1 rather than have her lies used against her. One big question remains with this scenario though….Why in the world would JB solicit this false testimony knowing it would be proven to be false? Can’t figure that one out……..Was he hoping all CA’s testimony would be thrown out and thus neutralize all her testimony? Time will tell I guess, or maybe it won’t.
    As for presumption of innocence until proven guilty….
    Since I am not a member of a jury and this is only a discussion board I do not have to abide by the rules of the court in order to express an opinion. If we were to assume that all defendants on this board were innocent, then there really wouldn't be much to discuss.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wishbone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JustMeDeb View Post
    I was kinda on the fence about this until last nite. Greta VS had ICA special on last nite. She was showing some interviews with CA from 2008. First let me say, good lord these people cannot give a simple answer, ramble, ramble, ramble.

With that being said, after watching these interviews, I finally decided I think there should be some kind of punishment. I understand the grieving mother/grandmother thing, but CA was nasty and so obviously covering for ICA from way back.

Like mother like daughter, they both became very media savvy and I believe were in competition for the spotlight.

From the very beginning when she gave wrong hairbrush to investigators, to the day she decided she was going to lie on the stand, she thought she could control everything.

She should suffer some sort of consequence.
    BBM~

I watched this too, and I don't
    recall seeing that footage before.
    It was stunning to watch, knowing what we know now...
    CA goes on and on and on about ICA's fake job,
    goes into the fake scholarship that she couldn't take because of Caylee,
    (nevermind that she didn't finish high school)
    on and on and on...

I have no doubt that this family has suffered terribly
    because of ICA throughout the years,
    but I agree that enough is enough...they need to stop the insanity
    and face the facts...they will never be able to properly mourn Caylee and heal if they don't face the fact that ICA is responsible for it. I firmly believe that they have been covering for her most of her life,
    and the whole family has spent years trying to cover for the fact that ICA is NOT NORMAL. Casey IS the Anthony Family secret, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantPickle View Post
    Yes I think she should be prosecuted but I think it is dangerous to say things like she is "well aware Casey killed the baby." I think it is a HUGE leap for a parent to go from thinking your daughter is a princess to thinking she is a murderer. Everything points to Casey being a normal chick up until that moment (and actually after it) just lazy (a trait MANY of her generation has)....though we think we do, we do not know Casey like Cindy does. I think very well that there's a big difference between the murderous Casey and the girl they knew for 23+ years.

Cindy stated she believed the nanny story up until 6 weeks before the trial began.....there's a lot of catching up to US that she has to do.

BUT you cannnot lie on the witness stand - she should be charged but I wouldn't "throw the book" at her....just enough a sentence to sting so she doesn't lie on the appeal.
    When Cindy and George were informed of Casey's defense that Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool and George found her and assisted in a cover-up and also sexually abused Casey; that had to be what snatched them out of denial at that point in time if they didn't think so before. Therefore, when Cindy lied last week she was well aware that Casey killed the baby. It wasn't an accident and Casey searched chloroform and neck breaking along with the other sinster searches.

Cindy does deserve 15 years in prison.

well all i have to say then all the other high profile people such as celebs presidents ect should do jail time right along with her .. so her geting away with perjury is nothing new .. other ppl get away with it . it should apply to EVERYONE who lies on the stand but it doesnt.. im not saying cindy should get away with lying no . but i just dont think its fair if she is made an example because that is what the public wants .. and yet others that are famous dont see the inside of a cell and not only that her lying on the stand sealed caseys fate even worse .. so mabey we should be thankful she did ? if she had nothing to hide why did cindy feel the need to do that ect.. JMO

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zadari For This Useful Post:

I think GA knew from the get go but I am not convinced CA believed it at first. I also don't think it has been proven that she gave the wrong brush - I tend to think that sounds too much like a rumor in the media than fact.

I believe GA was always truthful with the police - maybe not the media but certainly the police.

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    I believe she should be prosecuted. Perjury was just the latest in a long list of crimes committed by her to save her daughter, which tells me she knew all along who killed Caylee and that Caylee was indeed dead. I think both CA and GA should be prosecuted.

I've been watching and listening to CA since this whole tragic murder was known. Watching CA on GVS, I knew immediately the toddler was dead and murdered by her mother. CA portrayed herself as a tireless, though wilting, steel magnolia. From the outset, she refused to answer questions about Casey, as did George early on, wanting only to say Caylee was MISSING.
    I believe they knew when they toured the back yard what had happened and went into spin mode. The ladder, the gate...

Stonewalling the investigation under the guise that law enforcement was not doing their job, looking only at Casey, while they continued to stir the angry citizen pot with cries for Zenaida, without a care for what could have happened to the Zenaida (or her children) we saw or the countless others they practically pointed out to the press and what cities to look in.

GA went to LE and tried work a deal for Casey. He knew.
    Cindy practically pee'd herself with glee as she turned over the wrong hairbrush to FBI. She knew.

They concocted the JBP story. They concocted the pool ladder story with the gate being open. They committed fraud on a sympathetic public, taking donations.

Both should be charged with perjury, misprision, tampering with evidence, witness tampering, lying to LE, fraud, whatever else you can throw at them that I am forgetting this morning.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:

I think it depends on the verdict whether they touch her or not. But I think you're probably right that they'll leave well enough alone - her answers were so all over the place it might actually be hard to prove she KNOWINGLY lied...there's a lot of "perhaps" and "maybes" in her testimony that might get her off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    I'm going to take the opposite and unpopular view here, but I don't believe they will charge her with perjury. Yesterday on HLN the point was made by several people that her memory of which day she did the supposed searches could just be wrong. I think that's the way she can wiggle out of perjury charges. So now all she is doing is raising reasonable doubt.

Obviously we all know she is desperate and confused, as she has always been since the beginning of this case. And while Prosecutors may despise her for talking out of both sides of her mouth, I think they will believe she has suffered enough and just leave her alone after the trial is over.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Richard Hornsby breaks it down why Cindy should not be prosecuted for perjury!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pRxHamdQM"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Day 33, Are Cindy Anthony's Pants on FIre?‬‏[/ame]

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to essies For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast