Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    i just became aware of this case today by my sister who used to live in Pima AZ near Thatcher. Someone she knows told her that the night of the murder of Mary Ann Holmes, he was in the bar in which she worked. Do you know if anybody from the bar was interviewed? I heard some very interesting info and am wondering if there might be a key here......

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sreym For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sreym View Post
    i just became aware of this case today by my sister who used to live in Pima AZ near Thatcher. Someone she knows told her that the night of the murder of Mary Ann Holmes, he was in the bar in which she worked. Do you know if anybody from the bar was interviewed? I heard some very interesting info and am wondering if there might be a key here......
    Welcome to Websleuths!!

Please contact law enforcement directly with anything you have heard that might be related to this crime, no matter how small...no matter if it is gossip. The case has been reopened which means that LE is looking for that tiny piece which will make everthing hang together. I am certain that any leads given to them will be actively investigated.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

i did encourage my sister today to call silent witness, which she did. they asked her why this "person" that she spoke with never spoke up and she told them it was because this person did not want to get involved. But i told my sister, by this person telling her the things he said, it put her, and now me, in a position of having to turn this info over to the police. I told her it may be nothing, but it might mean everything and all we can do is tell someone. Anyway, silent witness told her they really had to talk with this person, which is not gonna happen voluntarily on his part, so they told her to call SW back again tomorrow and ask to speak to a detective. I will keep updated here, but don't want to share too much until we hear what the detectives are gonna do with what she tells them......there is actually quite a bit of info that i believe could really be helpful......again, wondering if anyone heard of any interviews of people in the bar where mary ann worked....i tried looking for archives today but couldn't find anything regarding who police talked to......

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sreym For This Useful Post:

lion man

having five of my own children, it is possible that the little girl knew this David Black as the lion man. He did pick up monthly rents and maybe that is what her mom called him or maybe he even called himself that to the little girl.....

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sreym For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sreym View Post
    i did encourage my sister today to call silent witness, which she did. they asked her why this "person" that she spoke with never spoke up and she told them it was because this person did not want to get involved. But i told my sister, by this person telling her the things he said, it put her, and now me, in a position of having to turn this info over to the police. I told her it may be nothing, but it might mean everything and all we can do is tell someone. Anyway, silent witness told her they really had to talk with this person, which is not gonna happen voluntarily on his part, so they told her to call SW back again tomorrow and ask to speak to a detective. I will keep updated here, but don't want to share too much until we hear what the detectives are gonna do with what she tells them......there is actually quite a bit of info that i believe could really be helpful......again, wondering if anyone heard of any interviews of people in the bar where mary ann worked....i tried looking for archives today but couldn't find anything regarding who police talked to......
    Good for you-sometimes it can be hard to come forward and put yourself out there. I genuinely believe you and your sister are doing the right thing. We are here to support your efforts. Fingers Crossed that this is the turning point in this investigation.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

I'm new to this whole thing, but I do have a question that I am hoping that someone can answer. I've read all of this thread. I was amazed that someone can actually give a name to someone as a murderer, without any real proof. I have great faith in the police departments across our country. I am sure that they have done their work. So my question is this....Is it really fair to actually put a name...ONLINE FOR EVERYONE TO READ... to a person that you "think" might have done it? That person has to deal with that the rest of their lives. Google their name and BAM there it is. It just doesn't seem real fair. I think we should let the police do their jobs, which they do well. AND IF we have information to help them, go to them directly, instead of trying to destroy someone who quite possibly could be innocent. What do you all think?? I am open to comments, because I might be totally wrong. It's just that when I read this it seemed very very unfair. Am I wrong???

It's also unfair that a woman is lying dead and cold in the ground.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scriptgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    It's also unfair that a woman is lying dead and cold in the ground.
    I absolutely agree!!!!

Black was hauled in as a suspect by LE, so I think sleuthing him is kosher, yes?

I am glad people don't let cases like this fade away. Those poor children...

Boo to LE for ruining vital evidence. Having sleuthed several cases now where blood and other evidence has been destroyed by careless storage, I am of the opinion that the head of the department responsible ought to face some serious consequences -- what's the bet that if the boss was held accountable, a ton less evidence would be lost, and thus evidence tampering would be so much more obvious...

If wishes were fishes, I guess.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ausgirl For This Useful Post:

TNT does a show called Cold Justice that helps small town agencies with limited resources on cases like this one. Looks like they did an episode on the Holmes case which is due to air later on in the season.

More info at http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/case-six/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zzyzx For This Useful Post:

Are they sure she said 'lion man' and not 'lying man'? Just a thought that if it is not a stranger, it is someone her mother didn't trust (but didn't realize was a murderer).

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to December For This Useful Post:

Mary Ann's case is on Cold Justice right now.

I'd say Lion Man means a long mane of hair like a lion - reddish or brown & a beard.

The show isn't over yet but it doesn't look like they're making any headway. I've only seen 3 episodes and no one has been caught yet. At least they gave it a try.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:

LR1

I was 9 years old when this happened and I remember being so traumatized by this because it happened just down the street from where I lived with my mom who like Mary Anne was single with kids. I remember being so scared that he would come after us too. To this day, that evil act still gets to me. I heard a rumor that the college was doing a play with a lion costume in it and that maybe the costume was stolen. I hope they catch this evil evil person and give him what he deserves!

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lyric0109 For This Useful Post:

Wow ! I hope they solve this awful

26. The Following User Says Thank You to rosario For This Useful Post:

LR1

Saw COld Justice

Hi all, newbie here but had to get this off my chest. Something has been bugging me about this show. Does the DNA rule out a woman? That woman Danae could be guilty, or at least in my opinion. She could have been jealous and they did say some "object" was used on Mary Ann to anally raped her. That big, Ashley may have thought it was a man. Am I making sense or way off base?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R@bbit For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast