975 users online (194 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Closing Statement Expectations

I was wondering what everyone was thinking about Sunday's closing statements.

I know I am thinking Jose Baez will try and sneak in a bunch of stuff for which there is no evidence. Like the drowning and the abuse. I expect objections and arguments and it to turn into a big mess.

I also look forward to seeing the State tie everything together in a complete story for the jury. I love how they simplify the complex.
    My opinion only, please keep it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Puppy View Post

I know I am thinking Jose Baez will try and sneak in a bunch of stuff for which there is no evidence. Like the drowning and the abuse. I expect objections and arguments and it to turn into a big mess.

I also look forward to seeing the State tie everything together in a complete story for the jury. I love how they simplify the complex.

I was watching Judge Alex earlier on HLN and he said there are rarely any objections during closing arguments.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    I was watching Judge Alex earlier on HLN and he said there are rarely any objections during closing arguments.
    He must not have watched the closing arguement for the OJ case. The DT must have objected 60 times. I can't recall anything of what Marcia Clark said. She was badgered, interrupted, and objected to on almost every sentence.

Baez will not be allowed to make any statements referring to anything he did not back up with evidence from opening statements...which is pretty much everything. Not sure he's got anything to work with and I'm curious to see what he's going to say. Can't talk about abuse, George being involved in the accident, Kronk being involved along with every other bogus statement he made in opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    He must not have watched the closing arguement for the OJ case. The DT must have objected 60 times. I can't recall anything of what Marcia Clark said. She was badgered, interrupted, and objected to on almost every sentence.
    You are so right.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

OT, but did you guys hear OJ confessed to killing Nicole and Ron but that it was self defense because Nicole pulled a knife on him?

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetSoy View Post
    Baez will not be allowed to make any statements referring to anything he did not back up with evidence from opening statements...which is pretty much everything. Not sure he's got anything to work with and I'm curious to see what he's going to say. Can't talk about abuse, George being involved in the accident, Kronk being involved along with every other bogus statement he made in opening.

You are right, of course, but we have seen him blurt things out that he wasn't supposed to say all along. I am thinking he will do the same tomorrow then cry foul with all the objections.
    My opinion only, please keep it that way

You are right, of course, but we have seen him blurt things out that he wasn't supposed to say all along. I am thinking he will do the same tomorrow then cry foul with all the objections.
    Definitely agree, he plays dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Yeah but remember it is JB we are talking about

I remember that. WIth each objection, the item I threw at the tv got bigger and bigger.

Agreed. JB cries foul more than all the MLB umpires combined.

JMO
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I think that I expect either JA or LDB to simply stand when they want to object and if His Honor agrees he will interrupt JB.

I think it will be subtle.

and When Prosecution presents we will hear some of those objection/sustained interludes.

I am so impressed with Belvin Perry Jr. I think he needs to keep closing on a straight and narrow to prevent a retrial on appeal.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Quote Originally Posted by GourmetSoy View Post
    OT, but did you guys hear OJ confessed to killing Nicole and Ron but that it was self defense because Nicole pulled a knife on him?
    that was a hoax ...

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    that was a hoax ...
    Seriously? Man I'm gullible!! LOL!

Here's where I read it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...w-planned.html

I think JP will make it very clear where he stands once again on what can and can't be said during closing. I wouldn't even be surprised to hear a contempt of court warning given before they start off before the jury is seated. I think JP has had it with JB.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast