Do you feel bad for Casey because of how she was brought up?

WillenFan21

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone feels bad for KC because how Cindy treated her growing up? The reason I am asking this is because I have been sitting here wondering if Cindy was abusive physically towards KC because of that whole choking her bit for stealing the checks.

ETA: I am talking about separate from Caylee's death bc there is NO EXCUSE what so ever for KC killing Caylee and I agree her up bringing had nothing to do with that. I agree with all those that answered the question that how you are treated growing up doesn't make you a murderer.

No I do not feel bad for ICA. Not one bit.

nope not in the least She had a better life than some and they didn't murder their children

Not at all. I don't consider the family dynamics of the Anthony family 'problems' or a challenging problematic upbringing. In fact, they all had it pretty nice when in comparison many have it far worse and don't murder their children.

Let me just say that as we know there are children that suffer horrible terrible childhoods. Abuse both physical and mental. They go without food and nice clothes. They are always verbally put down. Lucky if they even get medical care. No toys, no vacations, no shopping and I could go on and on.
Casey was spoiled and from the looks of it went without anything and had it all.

And she murdered her daughter,,,,go figure.
No I do not feel bad one iota.

Question: Exactly how was she treated growing up? To me, this is the chicken or the egg argument - did the family dysfunction help spawn the narcissism/sociopathy or did the narcissism/sociopathy breed family dysfunction?

Yeah you guys are right. I agree with you. The reason I was thinking about it was the whole Cindy choking her bit on July 15 I guess I kind of just felt bad that Cindy did that. There are ways to handle things without getting physical with your child. I don't at all blame her upbringing on Caylee's death because there is no excuse for it and the fact that she just sits there shows no emotion is sickening. One thing that I have wondered and am curious if any of you have is did she kill Caylee maybe to keep her away from Cindy? I've been wondering if that was a motive there.

Question: Exactly how was she treated growing up? To me, this is the chicken or the egg argument - did the family dysfunction help spawn the narcissism/sociopathy or did the narcissism/sociopathy breed family dysfunction?

Well I have wondered if Cindy was physically abusive towards her just based on some things that have come out. You know what I mean? When I asked about this question I wasn't referring to Caylee's death because it's a separate situation there.

In a way yes, but she still knew right from wrong.....upbringing is NO excuse.

Yes, I feel bad for anyone who grows up in an extremely dysfunctional environment. But I know quite a few people who did--myself included--and none of us believed it to be something we could cash in on for the rest of our lives. A lousy childhood does not excuse lying, stealing, killing...

Hard to answer - as Americka says, is she the result or the cause of all? If I knew that she really had been molested, then I would view the situation one way. I think CA was an overbearing mother, so I do not envy her there. But I cannot figure out why it had to lead to such a catastrophic end result. It does make you wonder : What made Casey as extreme as she is, lies, possible murder, etc. ?

No, I don't feel bad for ICA. I feel nothing but anger every time I think about that duct tape.

The As may not be perfect, but they loved Caylee.

ICA, in my opinion, is a bad seed. I hope she is convicted and I do hope she can ask God's forgiveness at some point.

I don't have any proof that Casey was brought up badly or really taught to do any bad things. She had a nice home in a nice neighborhood near schools and all sorts of fun things to do, her parents had education and jobs, she had grandparents nearby, and all she needed to grow up. She may have inherited some personality disorder tendencies but chose to do evil. Just because George had job injury, a failed business, and possible marital trouble at one time doesn't mean she gets any excuses. Casey had stability, her own parents still married, encouraging her to work and get schooling, and help with her child. Lots more than most grown women ever get from anyone, not even husbands.

Just curious if anyone feels bad for KC because how Cindy treated her growing up?

I definitely do. All this aside, I think she was a gorgeous, intelligent, personable, young woman who had , just as Caylee had, a potentially good life ahead of her.
Like it or not, we are all products of our environment. Some of us are lucky enough to "get over it" and develop ourselves as individuals but most of us live the life we've known.
Without analyzing everything, just from what we've seen, all this girl knew was to lie and live a fantasy life. I'm sure behind closed doors she was put down and made to feel like "less than" so that CA might live HER perfect world.
Again JMOO...
ETA: I also think precious Caylee's death was an accident caused by anger. Something else ICA was taught. I'm in no way defending her. I want her to get the worst punishment, but i think some of us can not escape our dysfunctionally abusive upbringings and I kinda feel bad for her...

Nope. No way. Not one bit of compassion for ICA. She is the bad seed.

No. Who among us hasn't been exposed to some type of family dysfunction or another? Some worse than others.

ICA had a pretty cushy life and upbringing, IMO. Spoiled little princess, which may have been a small part of the problem. She wasn't brought up in a drug riddled ghetto, FGS - dodging bullets from drive bys or fighting for a morsel of food.

No. She just wanted to be able to do what she wanted when she wanted. Caylee and her family got in the way of that. I still believe she had thoughts/fantasies of doing away with her parents.

Nope. We don't have a complete picture of how Casey grew up. All we know is she's a sociopath. If true to form, the real problems would have started to manifest itself in her early to mid teens...lying, stealing, promiscuity, etc. She likely put her family thru pure hell. You'll probably hear more than you ever wanted to know about this should the conviction be 1st degree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back