2011.07.03 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all, sending you all freshly baked butter croissants from Paris

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 10
Look at these tweets from Beth Karas. I'd never realized that the vote could be split like she is describing.

Beth Karas InSession
FIRST DEGREE MURDER can be committed in two ways: premeditated or felony murder. While the indictment against Casey charges only premeditated murder, the jury will be able to consider felony murder also. Felony murder is causing a death during the course of a felony. Here, the underlying felony is aggravated child abuse. (See next post for remainder.)
13 hours ago via iPhone

Beth Karas InSession
FIRST DEGREE MURDER PART 2: The jury does not have to be unanimous on the theory of first degree murder. That means, for example, that 7 jurors could vote for premeditated murder and 5 vote for felony murder. Regardless of the jury's vote breakdown, it would still be a verdict for first degree murder.
13 hours ago via iPhone ·

Good Morning!!!! Finally getting to the finish line.

Good Morning Everyone. Wow, hard to sleep last night. I pray for a most successful day for Caylee. I also pray that the jury can wade through and see through all the smoke and mirrors that the DT has and will put out there.

I have to work :(. I'm recording it but I don't know what time court is in session until today. It starts at 9, what time dose it close?

:seeya:

Good morning, everyone!

I am so anxiously awaiting the SA's closing argument. That the SA's will also have the last word to the jury is great because that is what the jury will have heard last.

I predict at least 2 days deliberation because there is so much evidence in this case and I believe the jury will feel compelled to look at the most troubling pieces. They can get in the jury room, appoint a foreman, then take a vote to see where everyone stands. Then they can look at the pieces of evidence that bother whomever. There was over 300 pieces of evidence in this case, and a lot were stipulations, IIRC.

These people have given up weeks of their time to serve as jurors on this case and will not want to rush on their verdict, IMO.

May God Bless and guide these jurors in their deliberations for little Caylee Marie's sake. I thank them for their service.

A wonderful morning to all of you Justice Seekers! What a day today will be!
I had some engagements yesterday and was so anxious to come back home and get immersed in this!

From Talina's post what I gather is that even if the verdict = guilty for first degree murder we will not know how many of those jurors really believed this was a premeditated cold blooded murder. That's ok with me.

I pray that our brilliant prosecutors really put everything together today. I trust them. I hope and pray that the jurors can apply the law here and give us a verdict that reflects the truth.

It's a very emotional day for all of us and I can't think of a better place to be than here with all of you discussing and cheering the State all for our little Caylee Marie.

Good morning, all! I also have to work, but will keeping up with y'all here on my phone, and hopefully will be able to watch closing arguments on YouTube or something. May Caylee speak through the SA today, so that she may finally get justice.

:seeya:Good Morning
I don't know where to put this. I was looking for another part of the interview but this caught my attention.

Whoa! I missed it when CA testified that she'd take Caylee's clothes off in the pool and take her over to the "jets" cause it feels good on you back and your bottom.
Who strips their kid and takes her to the pool jets?

Is that weird? Maybe I'm a prude but that sounds wrong to me.
Does anyone else do this with their toddler? somebody help me here!
she says it at about 1:20
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS83jc0whec&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS83jc0whec&NR=1[/ame]

I don't know where to put this. I was looking for another part of the interview but this caught my attention.

Whoa! I missed it when CA testified that she'd take Caylee's clothes off in the pool and take her over to the "jets" cause it feels good on you back and your bottom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS83jc0whec&NR=1

You would get the same feeling even if your bathing suit was on. Let's face it, this whole family is just plain weird.

Morning All. This is the day we have been waiting for for 3 years.
Justice for Caylee is just hours away. I am hoping the cameras zoom in on KC and the A's since I want to see their reactions to what is presented in closing statements.
Have a great Holiday. Peace

There's light at the end of the tunnel. Justice is coming soon baby girl.

CayleeAnthony13_1.jpg

You would get the same feeling even if your bathing suit was on. Let's face it, this whole family is just plain weird.

I'd be afraid my toddler would end up with an jet spray enema!

Good lord!

Listening to this again, I realize that CA said so many things, good things for the SA, that I had not realized before. JB asked her if she told LE that ICA could have left the ladder down, Ca says she could have if ICA had the opportunity to come home and swim. Also, when asked if she recalls taking the ladder down, JB asks if she's 100% certain. She says no one could be 100% of anything but then she says she was asked within a day, she would have remembered. Now there is that little work phone that has come along, but why would a woman call a man on his work phone, from not her landline and not her cell (what phone?) and not his personal phone? I think this was better testimony than I previously thought. This is all going to be a lot clearer to the jury as written testimony, without all the dramatics. I am certain.

Prayers have gone up this morning for JA and LDB for strength and patience. I even said a prayer for Baez that he will not disrupt either his own closing nor the State's with his ineptness and lack of knowledge. I am afraid he will try to sneak abstract issues in that are clearly not allowed per HHBP. I do not want the sanctity of the closing statements to be disrupted by him in any way.
Justice for Caylee!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS83jc0whec&NR=1

To me it's funny that JB says 'who doesn't'? That's one ugly picture I have in my head now!! Wonder if there's a spa on GR's boat? :floorlaugh:

Seriously though, I'm a (self-confessed) prude, and I don't find anything really 'wrong' with this. I have two girls aged 5 and 7. If they could, they would swim nude as much as possible. If we had a pool at home that had a privacy fence I'd let them swim nude...but we don't, so they always wear bathing suits when swimming.
I can tell you that when we go to the swim centre, my 5 yr old in particular loves to have the jets going on her back and butt.

Has it been decided how many lawyers will speak during closing stmts?.... I know one time jb wanted four. Anyone know????? TIA

Has it been decided how many lawyers will speak during closing stmts?.... I know one time jb wanted four. Anyone know????? TIA

Actually, I think what JB said is that he was against allowing more than one attorney to argue for each side because that would give the SA 4 closing arguments and his side would only have 2 closing arguments. After HHJP heard that he asked how he comes up with 4 closings. HHJP seemed quite amused with his complaint. IMO

(Personally I think JB didn't want HHJP to allow for splitting of time cause now he has no excuse other than ego and selfishness if he refuses to give Mason any podium time during the closing)

HHJP said they could split their time however they wanted between attorneys but that the state could not split any time in their rebuttal - only one could speak in the SA rebuttal closing.

As of right now I don't think we know yet who is going to speak for either side or how they plan to split their time up amongst the attorneys.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members