801 users online (71 members and 730 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: How did Jose Baez do so far?

Voters
440. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - I pity the fool

214 48.64%

52 11.82%

44 10.00%

25 5.68%

21 4.77%

21 4.77%

21 4.77%

23 5.23%

8 1.82%

11 2.50%

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

POLL: How did JB do in closing statements pre-lunch?

I might not be around this afternoon, so let's take the first part of JB's closing arguments.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being "I pity the fool" and 10 being "outstanding", please rate how you think he did.
    "I don't think you quite understand what is happening here." - Dr. Vass to JB

"You would have to be eating a hamburger raw with a bag over your head." - Dr. Vass to JB

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    His "cut the cheese" comment bizarre and unprofessional this is no time for a crass joke.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

zzzzzzz...What..? Oh..?! Sorry, you woke me up.

I wish <modsnip>'s Aquafina bottle contained a nice, cool, refreshing sip of <modsnip>. Poor <modsnip>. Ashton's a tough act to follow.
    Last edited by Salem; 07-03-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Hi Newbie - No name calling or cussing. WS's are above all that, thanks.

Telling the Jury they don't understand the law, pot calling kettle black.

Could someone please tell me if Baez said Charity Beasley DROVE the car to the tow yard?

I voted 1, but I'd like to say that I don't pity this fool. He had nearly three years to prepare this defense. He wasn't handed this case at the last minute. He came across as bumbling, incompetent, and very patronizing toward the jury. His constant throwing of others under the bus infuriates me, and I can't believe that he again tried to go with his completely unfounded and delusional theory that the state was out to get Casey. Ridiculous, IMO.

IIRC, didn't he say in the media at various times throughout the last couple of years that when this case went to trial, we'd all be able to completely understand all of Casey's lies and actions? I understand none of her actions at all. He's cleared nothing up for me, other than making me even more convinced of her guilt. I'd say his entire defense was a big FAIL.

MOO

I say a 2. It's so frustrating listening to him. :/

He did waaaayyy better than I thought he was capable of doing. It was however, boring and seemed way longer than 45 minutes.

I thought he said the line, "I'll come back to that" too many times, and dwelt on the smell too much. We have some that smelled it, and some that didn't. Big whoop! Doesn't mean it wasn't there. Quit talking about the unpleasant smell of the victim in this case! That smell was your client's daughter!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by curiositycat View Post
    His "cut the cheese" comment bizarre and unprofessional this is no time for a crass joke.
    Perhaps Jeff Ashton might have given that consideration as well before commenting on "pigs in a blanket" and "A dog buried it? Coyotes (laugh) we aren't blessed with those here (snicker)"

Sometimes it's helps to have a little bit of relief from formality but trying to be respectful of the victim.

actually I am now a little worried.. but I see the smirks on prosecution's faces.. they are going to rebutt and tear him up and his theory...

I think he is poking a few holes but not on fact.. his theory..
    cant wait to see this afternoon.. it is going to be brutal.

I voted for #2 because I just can't bring myself to pity that fool!
    imo, jmo, imho and all that stuff

He started off admitting he sucks as a lawyer. Then he completely threw away his drowning theory. He hasn't actually stated anything that makes me worried. We'll see what CM comes up with.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    So far, JB has insulted just about anyone and everyone from the SA to the jury. He's boring, disorganized, inarticulate, and not making a bit of sense with his convoluted rhetoric. I gave him a very generous 3 for his efforts thus far. jmo

how do I change my answer. I got the numbering mixed up. I thought 10 was bad

He did ok. By ok I just mean serviceable. Just ok. He knows and even articulated that the last bite at the apple will be the State. He knows. We know that he can't fantasy-land his way out of the landmines in his opening statement. The last bite out of the apple will be the end of Casey's lies. JMO.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast