The Swiss Army Knife, The Basment, The Bash on the Head

Shanny

Reaction score
Just a thought. In Burke's interview when asked what happened to his sister he said "I know what happened to my sister, she was killed. Someone took her quietly into the basement took out a knife or bashed her on the head." According to Patsy's interview she never talked to Burke about the murder. TH: "What have you told Burke about the murder?" PR: "Well, just that we are going to try to find out who did this to JonBenet. I havent told him anything about how she was murdered or any details." To me what Burke said was PLENTY of details about the murder. When Burke mentioned these details, WHY didnt the interviewer press him into answering HOW did he know these things happened to his sister? If Patsy didnt talk to Burke about what happened how did he know about the knife, the basement and the bash on the head?

Just a thought. In Burke's interview when asked what happened to his sister he said "I know what happened to my sister, she was killed. Someone took her quietly into the basement took out a knife or bashed her on the head." According to Patsy's interview she never talked to Burke about the murder. TH: "What have you told Burke about the murder?" PR: "Well, just that we are going to try to find out who did this to JonBenet. I havent told him anything about how she was murdered or any details." To me what Burke said was PLENTY of details about the murder. When Burke mentioned these details, WHY didnt the interviewer press him into answering HOW did he know these things happened to his sister? If Patsy didnt talk to Burke about what happened how did he know about the knife, the basement and the bash on the head?

The answers, like the crime, are simple. BR knew because it was his knife and he SAW it there. He knows what happened. He may or not have anything to do with it, but he knows.

That statement by Burke is very telling. You couldn't tell just by looking at JonBenet that she had suffered a massive head injury, so Burke's mention of it makes me think that he either delivered the head blow, or he was very close by when it happened.

After the head blow, Patsy and John probably told Burke to go to his room while they staged the crime. It would explain why Burke didn't mention the strangulation, because he didn't know about it. As far as he knew, his sister was struck in the head, and the next day, she was dead.

Since Burke left the house before John "discovered" JonBenet's body in the basement, how would he know that his sister was found down there? He probably witnessed his parents bringing JonBenet into the basement, and that's how he knows about it.

Burke also said in an interview that he pretended to be asleep when he heard his parents searching for his sister in the morning. If John and Patsy had sent Burke to his room while they staged the crime, I'm sure they were extremely belligerent to Burke about staying in there until one of them told him could come out. It would explain why Burke didn't leave his bed that morning.

That statement by Burke is very telling. You couldn't tell just by looking at JonBenet that she had suffered a massive head injury, so Burke's mention of it makes me think that he either delivered the head blow, or he was very close by when it happened.

After the head blow, Patsy and John probably told Burke to go to his room while they staged the crime. It would explain why Burke didn't mention the strangulation, because he didn't know about it. As far as he knew, his sister was struck in the head, and the next day, she was dead.

Since Burke left the house before John "discovered" JonBenet's body in the basement, how would he know that his sister was found down there? He probably witnessed his parents bringing JonBenet into the basement, and that's how he knows about it.

Burke also said in an interview that he pretended to be asleep when he heard his parents searching for his sister in the morning. If John and Patsy had sent Burke to his room while they staged the crime, I'm sure they were extremely belligerent to Burke about staying in there until one of them told him could come out. It would explain why Burke didn't leave his bed that morning.

Yes, this all explains a lot, doesn't it?
But it is also yet another LIE by Patsy and JR. They claimed to have NEVER discussed his sister's death with him yet he knew where she was found, that a knife was nearby, and that she had been bashed on the head (even the CORONER didn't know this until he cut open her scalp). So either his parents told him everything or he was there to see it. And I doubt ANY parent would tell their surviving child how his little sister was bludgeoned to death. It isn't something you'd spell out like that. BR didn't seem all that upset that morning to find his sister had been "kidnapped". He went quietly, calmly and unworried (uneventfully would be a better description), carrying his new Nintendo. Later he mentioned ONLY being disappointed that the family wouldn't be going on their trip after all.

He also would not have heard the story through television or newspaper, as Patsy stated they stopped newspaper deliveries and turned off all the televisions for quite some time, due to the media.

I would imagine that many of Burkes friends parents spoke of the matter and it could have trickled down to Burke through his friends. I wonder what date he made the statement? The deeper you delve into the case, the more telling the lies become!

Also I find it weird that the only thing Burke said was "Where did you find the body?" and on the 911 tape "What did you find?" Why was he so concerned about where she was found?

Shanny,

Good questions, the knife and the basement can be explained away in any manner you want, but the head injury thats different, since only when the autopsy was undertaken was it revealed JonBenet had suffered a massive head injury.

Also a few Columbo style questions might allow you to arrive at the conclusion, even if Burke was not involved, in any manner at all, and that someone close to him, filled him in on some case details, then that person may be JonBenet's killer, so what is he/she doing talking homicide with a young boy, with all the risks that carries for apprehension?

A BDI is an elegant solution to JonBenet's death since it also allows the contentious prior abuse/acute molestation to be factored in. Also Patsy's blatant lies to interviewers become more understandable when its really Burke that may be being defended and not someone else.

Without expanding at length there is a case in the UK where children with an age similar to Burke's were involved in a homicide, and that due to their age etc, reporting restrictions were applied. Obviously no details were ever released regarding this but allegations have surfaced that the original homicide had sexual overtones, but that these were redacted due to children being involved and that everyone knew what the outcome would be, so this redaction was justified on child safety grounds. Those that know the case will recognise the parallels I am referring to particularly later developements. Which in JonBenet's case may eventually surface in a similar way?

As a side note I watched HBO: Sex Crimes Unit - True Convictions last night, and it was compelling viewing, not for the faint hearted, the crime scene details were graphic, down to male graduate employees using latin terminology to refer to female genitalia. A quick resume:

Lisa Friel, current chief of the Sex Crimes Unit, oversees 40 senior assistant DAs with more than 300 pending cases on any given day. SEX CRIMES UNIT follows the day-to-day process as Friel is debriefed by and strategizes with ADAs on their cases. Among their shocking stories are a horrifying nightclub abduction caught on surveillance tape, a livery cab driver turned sexual predator and an alleged date-rape case derailed by surprising DNA results. The film tracks deputy chief Coleen Balbert over seven months as she prosecutes the difficult case of a rape victim who was also a prostitute, showing how she and her team build evidence, visit the crime scene and prepare the victim and other witnesses for a challenging trial. SEX CRIMES UNIT also tells the story of Natasha Alexenko, a young woman who was attacked while entering her Manhattan apartment building and raped at gunpoint in 1993. She survived, but her assailant escaped.

So sidestepping the outcome in this documentary which makes its viewing interesting. My reason for mentioning it is this.

Apparently in the case highlighted in this documentary, the DA knowing this case was about to reach it statute of limitations decided to use whats called a John Doe Indictment e.g. with a DNA sample uploaded to CODIS etc, they went to court and said our suspect is out there, and we would like an indictment etc.

So I thought about JonBenet. Why has this not happened here too?

Anyway check this documentary out, and you will find out how a sex offender suspected of rape, and how the victim furnishes a complete semen sample, yet the alleged offender walks away a free man?

There IS a statute of limitations on a rape charge.

There is NO statute of limitations on murder.

Thus there is no need for a "John Doe" indictment.

Such an indictment would also totally close the door on the Ramsey family, something that despite the public exoneration, the DA may not be entirely willing to do. In particular as there is no need, as there is with a rape only charge.

There is no SOL (Statute of Limitations) on child sexual abuse/rape in most states. In Colorado it will depend on what the specific charges are but in general there is no statute of limitations for a felony like this.

http://www.aardvarc.org/victim/states/covic.shtml

The laws and codes are at the above link. You'll need to scroll down a 1/4 of the page, past the books and its all laid out for us to read....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back