1302 users online (260 members and 1042 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: We the Websleuth Jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

Voters
667. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Count One, First Degree Murder

462 69.27%
  • Not Guilty of Count One, First Degree Murder

44 6.60%
  • Guilty of Count One, Second Degree Murder

147 22.04%
  • Not Guilty of Count One, Second Degree Murder

20 3.00%
  • Guilty of Count Two, Aggravated Child Abuse

276 41.38%
  • Not Guilty of Count Two, Aggravated Child Abuse

18 2.70%
  • Guilty of Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child

235 35.23%
  • Not Guilty of Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child

16 2.40%
  • Guilty of Counts Four Through Seven (lying to officers)

378 56.67%
  • Not Guilty of Counts Four Through Seven (lying to officers)

5 0.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

We the jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

Since it's almost time for deliberations I thought it would be interesting if we at Websleuths deliberated this case as if we were a JUROR in this trial. I realize that a large percentage think that Casey is guilty but IF you were in the jury room and had to decide her faith by going through the evidence as presented in this trial only and by following the guideline of the law, what would you decide?

Per Central Florida News 13 (http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/july/273571/), here are the charges that the jury will have to decide on Casey's faith:

Count One, First Degree Murder: If Casey Anthony is convicted of first degree murder, regardless of whether it is on a theory of Pre-meditated Murder or Felony Murder she will receive at a minimum a life sentence. For many years, a life sentence in Florida is a life sentence, which means there is no parole or early release. A defendant convicted of first degree murder only leaves prison after his or her death. The only alternative to a life sentence is death by execution.

Lesser Included of Count One, Second Degree Murder: (depraved mind murder, not premeditated) The maximum penalty for Second Degree Murder is a life sentence. The minimum sentence is based on the Criminal Punishment Code. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 24 years, 6 months.

Count Two, Aggravated Child Abuse: The maximum penalty for aggravated child is 15 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 12 years, 1 month.

Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child: If Casey Anthony is convicted of causing the death of Caylee by culpable negligence the maximum sentence is 30 years in prison. The estimated minimum sentence for this charge and other charges which might result in conviction along with this count would be 16 years and 6 months.

Counts Four Through Seven, Giving False Information to a Law Enforcement Officer in Reference to a Missing Person: The charge in these four counts carries a maximum of one year in county jail for each count. As a result if convicted of all four of these counts, Casey Anthony could receive a sentence of four years if the sentence for each count is run consecutively.

Tomorrow JP will be issuing the actual jury instructions for this case but in the meantime here are links to Florida's Standard Jury Instructions:

http://www.floridabar.org/DIVCOM/JN/...9!OpenDocument

For a better understanding, here is a link to a Legal analyst explaining jury instructions and murder charges:

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news...murder-charges
    Last edited by Harmony 2; 07-04-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Guilty on all counts!

this goes toward my opinion of it being felony murder

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    Wow. Just from the few votes so far ICA's goose is cooked if we were on the jury.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by MEM2010 View Post
    Guilty on all counts!
    So you wouldn't need to deliberate at all?

I think the jury will find her guilty of count 4 thru 7
    As for murder ..I think she will be found guilty of manslaughter of a child .
    She DESERVES murder 1 but don't know if all the jurors will agree on that .
    "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" ~Judge Judy

Revenge is beneath me , but accidents DO happen .

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    Wow. Just from the few votes so far ICA's goose is cooked if we were on the jury.
    I understand everyone's initial feelings but I would hope that the jury gives it more thought than that or this country is in trouble! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Who_What_When View Post
    definitely I'd deliberate. IMO 2 options

1. premeditated murder

2. an accident as a result of gross neglect/abuse. <--MOO

could both not fall under the murder 1 category?

I've been wrong before

Quote Originally Posted by MEM2010 View Post
    definitely I'd deliberate. IMO 2 options

1. premeditated murder

2. an accident caused by gross neglect/abuse. <--MOO

could both not fall under the murder 1 category?

I've been wrong before
    I don't know for sure. I think that's what would happen. I believe that aggravated manslaughter is a first-degree felony so she would be found guilty of 1st degree murder.

Guilty of premeditated murder one.
    I'm Living A Blessed Life!

Although I'd like to see Count one-First Degree Murder as the conviction, based on what the jury has seen I predict -
    Count Three, Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child

I am not certain that the State has proven Count one. IMO

At this point I do not think she made Chloroform, but I do think something nefarious happened to Caylee in the trunk of that car.

the biggest flaw in the defense is why were the chloroform searches deleted? I have to go see but I believe it was shortly after a visit by Det. Yuri Melich. An innocent person wouldn't need to go to the computer to delete anything if they had nothing to hide.

Also, where was Caylee before she died and was with "Zanny" not GA, CA, or friends? That thought has haunted me from the start.

Guilty of first degree hiring the most unethical defense attorney in Florida.

I'd LIKE her to be found guilty of premeditated murder, but I don't think the jury will go for that. But they may go for all of the rest of the charges, which should get her a pretty lengthy stay in the clink. Sounds good to me.
    The purity of a person's heart can be quickly
    measured by how they regard animals.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Who_What_When View Post
    I tried really hard to keep an open mind from the beginning of the trial, even though I knew a lot about the case before that. I kept hoping the defense would prove their case, in fact, because it's hard for me to believe that anyone could do that to their child. It's hard for me to accept.

That being said, after hearing everything from the prosecution, and everything from the defense, I think the state proved their case. I wouldn't try to sway someone else's decision, and I really don't think anyone could sway mine at this point.
    "I don't think you quite understand what is happening here." - Dr. Vass to JB

"You would have to be eating a hamburger raw with a bag over your head." - Dr. Vass to JB

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast