1185 users online (225 members and 960 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

2011.07.04 Sidebar Thread

Will it actually go to the jury today?

I hope so. I am tired of the shenanigans. My emotions are fried.
    In remembrance of Caylee, denied justice.

"Every guilty person is his own hangman."
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca - Roman Statesman

to everyone....and now I'm off to do my grocery shopping shopping before the closing arguments begin...
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

kahluacream is offline Put on your big girl panties and deal with it
    It seems to me that the defense keeps trying to make hay out of two common-sense issues and I'm not sure the prosecution has sufficiently addressed them:

1) Casey being taken to the gynecologist. Yes, she was obviously pregnant. She denied being pregnant and the family went along with her lie, as they always did. But Baez's suggestion that they were "hiding" sexual molestation because they hadn't taken her into the gynecologist for routine care as a teenager is absurd. My Mom never took me to see a gynecologist and the only reason I took one of my three teenagers is because she told me she was sexually active and wanted birth control. I don't think we're unusual. Yet they've painted it as neglect.

2) The duct tape. Perhaps I've missed testimony about where this duct tape was stored but to listen to the defense, George must have it in under lock and key. My husband has several rolls of duct tape in the garage and both myself and my children go out there and borrow them from time to time. This notion that only George controls the duct tape and Casey wouldn't have access to it is laughable.

Perhaps they've done it and I've missed it but the commentators keep repeating the "George's duct tape" mantra over and over again as if it were true. I would sure love to hear JA or LDB just say, "George's rare duct tape was in the garage and the whole family had easy access to it, including Casey."

Good morning, Friends! Happy 4th of July!!
    WE ARE FINALLY HERE!! Justice for Caylee is only a few days (or hours!!) away after today.

ETA: It would be sweet irony if ICA were to lose her independence (that she so wanted) on Independence Day.
    Last edited by NoeticSoul; 07-04-2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: eta

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

RIP Zahra Baker, Caylee Anthony, Hannah Graham
    Where are You? Elizabeth Thomas, Bob Harrod, Kyron Horman, Stacy Peterson, Susan Powell, Deorr Kunz
    Justice for Abigail Williams and Liberty German

DawnTCB made such a brilliant who-smelled-what-chart. I'm now even more happy that the state has to do their rebuttal today. Hopefully, it was an all-nighter for them.

Quote Originally Posted by kahluacream View Post
    It seems to me that the defense keeps trying to make hay out of two common-sense issues and I'm not sure the prosecution has sufficiently addressed them:

1) Casey being taken to the gynecologist. Yes, she was obviously pregnant. She denied being pregnant and the family went along with her lie, as they always did. But Baez's suggestion that they were "hiding" sexual molestation because they hadn't taken her into the gynecologist for routine care as a teenager is absurd. My Mom never took me to see a gynecologist and the only reason I took one of my three teenagers is because she told me she was sexually active and wanted birth control. I don't think we're unusual. Yet they've painted it as neglect.

2) The duct tape. Perhaps I've missed testimony about where this duct tape was stored but to listen to the defense, George must have it in under lock and key. My husband has several rolls of duct tape in the garage and both myself and my children go out there and borrow them from time to time. This notion that only George controls the duct tape and Casey wouldn't have access to it is laughable.

Perhaps they've done it and I've missed it but the commentators keep repeating the "George's duct tape" mantra over and over again as if it were true. I would sure love to hear JA or LDB just say, "George's rare duct tape was in the garage and the whole family had easy access to it, including Casey."
    I wouldn't worry about number one. There are women on that jury. They know it's not common-practice or a ritual to drag your teen to a ob-gyn. Most women go for their first time in their twenties, if they even do.

I think it will go to the jury today, as all that is left is the State's final rebuttal, and then Jury instructions. Seeing as they will have to take a lunch break, it will likely go to the jury this afternoon. I wonder if they will stay up late into the night, or leave most of it for Tuesday? And I wonder if this jury will take a day or less, or get deadlocked into a long fight. Ugh, sure hope not....

Happy 4th of July to all the American posters. I wish you could share your BBQ.

I believe so. Today is Independence Day for Caylee, too.

Good morning dear friends. Links in siggy.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Good Morning All! Two hundred and thirty five years ago, today, our great nation was formed with these words:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

God Bless The United States of America.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q65KZIqay4E"]YouTube - ‪God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood‬‏[/ame]

But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3

Good Morning!

Happy July 4th to my American Friends!

Who needs fireworks when you have Baez and Ashton in a court room!
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Quote Originally Posted by Nali87 View Post
    DawnTCB made such a brilliant who-smelled-what-chart. I'm now even more happy that the state has to do their rebuttal today. Hopefully, it was an all-nighter for them.
    Yes, I think it worked out great that the state's rebuttal is first thing in the morning. LDB had all night to review what Baez said and to plan everything she wants to say. Regarding who smelled what, LDB needs to specifically mention that even Casey herself told people of the smell and tried to claim it was due to George running over an animal. If the smell came from the garbage, and Casey was complaining of the smell, why didn't she simply remove the garbage from the trunk? Makes no sense.

ETA: I also hope that LDB mentions that George didn't call 911 when he smelled the car b/c he knew the car had been there for 2 weeks, during which time Cindy had talked to Casey numerous times. George had no reason to suspect that Caylee was dead.

Good Morning to all! I watched Jeff Ashton's closing a second time and I like it even more! There is no reasonable or even speculative doubt for me. It is clear that Casey is a lying murderess who will destroy anyone in her path.

I do want to say though that I hope the State will focus on the 16th a little more. Why couldn't Caylee stay with Tonys that night? Why did Casey sudddenly decide to kill Caylee on that day? What did she do all day?

I trust the State to give a heart-wrenching presentation today. We started this trial on a Monday and will end on a Monday. I'm ready! I'm wearing freshly washed purple sweats. Got plenty of food for nourishment. I can't wait for 8:30 a.m.
    Prayers for our prosecutors, Judge and the jury...

Page 1 of 101 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast