What one subject or particular argument worries you from Closing Statements

ablins

Reaction score
Closing statements are going to be fresh in the jurors minds when deliberating and I know one specific point that really worries me that they have heard from the defense. I'll tell you mine but I wanted to know if there are any of those for you all as well. The point that stands out to me is that the chloroform searches followed Casey being on Myspace and that is where Ricardo Morales had a picture posted about chloroform and I can totally see someone looking it up for simple curiosity. :waitasec:

Closing statements are going to be fresh in the jurors minds when deliberating and I know one specific point that really worries me that they have heard from the defense. I'll tell you mine but I wanted to know if there are any of those for you all as well. The point that stands out to me is that the chloroform searches followed Casey being on Myspace and that is where Ricardo Morales had a picture posted about chloroform and I can totally see someone looking it up for simple curiosity. :waitasec:

I agree. To me it made sense that she may look up chloroform after seeing that on RM's page. Do we know the date he put that up there?
It still doesn't explain neck breaking, household weapons, etc.

The problem is that the search was "how to make chloroform", and then there was chloroform present in the trunk, and a dead child.

I can totally see someone looking it up out of curiosity too. Maybe even a handful of times. But 84 times? No way. She went to a webpage with the recipe on how to make chloroform 84 times. Eighty-four times. If I were a juror, that number would be burned into my brain.

Whether or not chloroform played a role in Caylee's death, the duct tape says it all. There is no reason 3 strips of duct tape would go on a child's face except to make the child stop screaming or breathing. One strip over the mouth. Two strips to get the nose covered. Three strips to close any gap.

I hope that ICA was able to mix up an effective batch of chloroform and that Caylee wasn't terrified when she gasped her last breaths.

But, whether or not, ultimately, chloroform was used, the duct tape alone proves intentional and deliberate child abuse resulting in Caylee's death.

The state doesn't have to prove HOW Caylee died, just that she died as a result of ICA's deliberate actions. So whether you believe that Caylee died as a result of the duct tape OR the chloroform, either are child abuse and if Caylee died from being subjected to either, ICA is guilty of felony murder.

I'm a little troubled by the chloroform evidence in general, because there did seem to be conflicting testimony from the experts, BUT if I were a juror, I would have to believe that there must be something to it, since her own mother basically perjured herself over it. :twocents:

Hubby who is a computer geek, said concern about the computer information.

How do we know it was indeed Casey who researched "how to make chloroform" vs another member of the house? Was GA at work also at the time?
I am convinced Casey is guilty but, do not trust that GA had something to do with a cover-up story involving a staged kidnapping scene.
It doesn't make any logical sense though unless, it wasn't an accident and CA came to her Dad who is a former homicide detective to help her cover-up Caylee's death. Maybe told him it was a accident but, but caused by negligent or unintentional child abuse.
So many questions still unanswered.
The fact that Caylee's bio father is not named is like a big elephant in the middle of the room. If CA had a one-night stand, was date raped, hated the bio dad would play into motive of why she didn't bond with Caylee along with her overbearing mother Cindy it might provided ICA the spark that lit the powder keg.

I am troubled by NOTHING.

State KNOCKED THE BALL OUT OF THE PARK.

The main thing for me is the chloroform. I think the defense did well when interpreting the evidence. 84 times means nothing to me now. I would search it if it was on my bf's myspace too, i would search how it is made too, what is in it and how it is used.

I am concerned and a little confused about the chloroform searches. Baez claims that the SA gave misinformation and that the chloroform site was only visited once and not 84 times as the SA alleged. And LDB did not address that issue in her closing. Makes me wonder if Baez is right. And if so could that be an appellate issue.

Definitely the chloroform.

"If you're a chemist, are you secretly afraid of being buried by dogs and having your skull broken while Spitz saws it up?"

Google search: "How to make chloroform"

I am concerned and a little confused about the chloroform searches. Baez claims that the SA gave misinformation and that the chloroform site was only visited once and not 84 times as the SA alleged. And LDB did not address that issue in her closing. Makes me wonder if Baez is right. And if so could that be an appellate issue.

I think the state realized the chloroform issue was going to be sticky. IMO They did the right thing not emphasizing it in their closing, but the jury will notice this.

I agree. To me it made sense that she may look up chloroform after seeing that on RM's page. Do we know the date he put that up there?
It still doesn't explain neck breaking, household weapons, etc.

Truthfully, even if she did search Chloroform for this reason, it could be argued that that's where she got the idea and it doesn't explain it's presence in her car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back