2011.07.04 Verdict Watch 12:15 pm How long will the jury deliberate?

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

• <1 hour

Votes: 17 1.6%
  • 1/2 day

Votes: 132 12.2%
  • 1 day

Votes: 173 16.0%
  • 2 days

Votes: 321 29.8%
  • 3 days

Votes: 226 21.0%
  • 4 days

Votes: 100 9.3%
  • 5 days

Votes: 51 4.7%
  • 6 days

Votes: 16 1.5%
  • 7 days

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • >1 week

Votes: 60 5.6%
  • the original 12 will remain in place

Votes: 105 9.7%
  • some of the alternates will shift into juror seats

Votes: 73 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
How long do you think the jury will deliberate now that we are getting closer to that day?

here are also some interesting facts about the jury in reference to deliberations:

DO THE JURORS KNOW WHO AMONG THEM ARE ALTERNATES?

No. They will not find out until it is time to deliberate.

—————————————————————————

WILL THE ALTERNATE JURORS BE SENT HOME ONCE DELIBERATION BEGINS?

No. If the 12 main jurors find Casey Anthony guilty, the 5 alternates must stay to hear the penalty phase of the trial.

ARE DEPUTIES OR ANYONE ELSE IN THE ROOM WHILE JURORS DELIBERATE?

No. Only jurors are allowed in the deliberation room while they work to reach a decision.

ARE NOTES FROM THE JURY TO THE JUDGE PUBLIC RECORD?

All notes sent from the jurors are read aloud in court.

http://www.cfnews13.com/casey-anthony-faq

I also left multiple options open so you can vote on if you think the original 12 will decide or if you think any could be let go during the process (just out of interest's sake)

I think it will take a day or two - much longer than that and we could see an alternate placed, JMO.

9.325 Hours which might equate to 2 days with breaks and questions

I said 2 days :) I don't see what there is to consider.. regarding ICA's "defense". Simple. 31 days. Who could get by that?

I voted 3 days. I think there will be a lot of discussion on premeditation vs accidental.

nurse....I was just thinking about this!

Is their going to be a poll eventually? I guesstimate 4 days.I was wrong with Scott Peterson so I know damn well I am off this time too.

I said one day. They will have instructions to go through and stuff.

I think an alternate will join the jury before it's done.

I said 4 days only because it seems like a lot of juries deliberate for that length of time. :dunno: Better odds than the lottery, I 'spose.

nurse....I was just thinking about this!

Is their going to be a poll eventually? I guesstimate 4 days.I was wrong with Scott Peterson so I know damn well I am off this time too.

can you see the poll now??? let me know..

also you can vote for multiple choices so if you think 2-3 days vote for 2 and 3, etc

I think they will all vote guilty on the initial ballot. Then they will hash it out as to which charge is applicable, which will take a while... but I think there will be a verdict by the end of the first day. These folks want to go home!

can you see the poll now??? let me know..

also you can vote for multiple choices so if you think 2-3 days vote for 2 and 3, etc

Oh.... I didn't know that, and already voted. Now I can't change my vote. I wanted to vote the bottom choices - But it won't let me. :snooty:

Can they put in an alternate if there is only one or two dissenting votes from the original 12? Can a juror just quit in the middle of deliberations if they wanted to?

I voted 2 days. Funny, my friend asked me the same question the other day. I also think the original 12 will stay intact.

I voted 1/2 a day. I think they've made up their minds already.

Unless the juror everyone is so worried about is a problem (and I'd say a red flag might be if the group asks to see a roll of Henkel duct tape), I'd guess three days. I think the biggest deliberation for them will be deciding between Murder One and felony murder or aggravated manslaughter. And they may ask if they can be compensated extra for having to listen to an inexperienced, clearly in-over-his-head, attorney who took up almost half of trial time creating unnecessary sidebars. I think we should get them teeshirts that say "I Survived Spaghetti SODDI".

I say 2 days to deliberate with a verdict coming in on the 3rd day.

I voted a couple of days...Tere are several counts and I'm afraid they won't have an initial unanimous verdict on all those counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth