GA GA - Cartersville, Asian/HispMale Skull UP8948, 33-42, near Etowah River, Jul'11

Clyde Daniel Stewart and Saunders Cloie Rymer are the only two listed MP's from Cartersville GA.

Clyde Daniel Stewart (2005)
stewart_clyde.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/stewart_clyde.html
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/471/0

Saunders Cloie Rymer (1977)
rymer_saunders.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/images/r/rymer_saunders.jpg
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/560/0

Preliminary report: Victim in human remains case was shot

... According to Bartow County Sheriff's Office Investigator Sgt. Jonathan Rogers, the preliminary report from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation indicates the Asian male was shot in the head. The man is described as between 33 and 43 years of age and between 5 feet 3 inches and 5 feet 9 inches tall.

investigators have not found anyone matching the description in missing persons reports from Bartow County. ...

Read More:
http://www.daily-tribune.com/pages/...+was+shot &id=14753906&instance=homefirstleft

not many missing men with that demographic profile period.

No ID on remains found in Bartow

Five months have passed since human remains were found in Bartow County woods, scattered among leaves on the ground.

And while investigators have not determined the man's identity, they know he was shot at least twice -- once in the back of the head and once in the torso.

But who is he? Deputies with the Bartow County Sheriff's Office have some clues, but need the public's help to solve the mystery.

It was shortly after 8 a.m. July 3 when four people walking to a fishing hole spotted what they thought was a human skull just north of Emerson, according to Bartow County Sheriff Clark Milsap. The group called 911, and deputies arriving at the scene confirmed it was a human head.

A search of the area led investigators to most of a skeleton, Milsap said. The only clothing found was a pair of boxer shorts and a single white sock, police said.

The remains were then sent to the GBI crime lab for forensic testing. Experts determined the victim was between 18 and 40 years old and was between 5-feet-3 and 5-feet-9 inches tall.

Using the skull found in Bartow County as a base, GBI forensic artist Marla Lawson created a sculpture depicting what the victim may have looked like, and a picture of the sculpture was released Monday.

John Bankhead, GBI spokesman, told the AJC that some of Lawson's work in creating sculptures includes educated guesswork, in particular when shaping a person's features. Therefore, the victim's hairstyle, for example, may have been different than the one on the sculpture.

Sgt. Jonathan Rogers with the Bartow sheriff's office told the AJC the case is being treated as a homicide. But it's possible neither the crime nor the victim were affiliated with the area, Rogers said. Two .22 caliber shell casings were found near the remains, but there's no confirmation that these are related to the case, he said.

Investigators have checked with various metro Atlanta agencies and the GBI, but the remains don't match the description of any missing person cases, Rogers said. Dental remains and DNA evidence was recovered from the victim, and the best chance of solving the case could be if someone comes forward with new information.

Anyone with details on the case is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 770-606-8477.

http://www.ajc.com/news/no-id-on-remains-1258268.html

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8948

Case number 2011-1012436
Date found July 03, 2011 09:00
Date created July 23, 2011 08:23
Date last modified December 31, 2011 12:12
Date QA reviewed December 31, 2011 13:12

Local Medical Examiner/Coroner Contact
Agency Bartow Cnty Coroners Ofc
Phone 770-387-5160

Case Manager
Name Ashley Garrish
Email ashley.garrish@gbi.ga.gov

Demographics
Estimated age Adult - Pre 50
Minimum age 33 years
Maximum age 42 years
Race Unsure
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
Height (inches) 60, Estimated

Body Parts Inventory
All parts recovered

Body conditions:
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Circumstances
Location Found
City
State Georgia
County Bartow

Circumstances of death:
There is evidence of multiple (2 or 3) gunshot wounds and blunt force trauma to the left chest.

Physical
No other distinctive body features
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Medical
Skeletal findings: ossified thyroid cartilage congenital non-fusion of 5th lumbar spinous process presence of wormian bone (accessory ossicle) at lambda large incisive foramen fusion of coccyx to 5th scaral segment

Fingerprints
Fingerprint information is currently not available
Comments: Skeletal remains

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing with body:
1 - white and blue plaid "fruit of the loom" large size boxer shorts
1 - ankle lenth sock (color undeterminable)

Dental
Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later

DNA
Sample available - Not yet submitted

It would be nice if we could finally bring Stephen Lankaster-Cox home to his mother. :(

If the height estimate of the UID is correct he was 13 to 15 inches shorter than Stephen Lankester Cox.

I know-but I think the estimated height is off. By alot, but JMO.

In the OP, it says "The remains were then sent to the GBI crime lab for forensic testing. Experts determined the victim was between 18 and 40 years old and was between 5-feet-3 and 5-feet-9 inches tall." .. but in the namus link, it has Minimum age 33 years maximum age 42 years ... 18 to 33 for minimum age is a biiiiiiiigggg stretch. I wonder about Justin Gaines? Bartow is a long way away from Gwinnett, but he was stranded at a club and someone may have said "Hey, I'm going that way" and taken him to Bartow ... it's about a 45 minute drive at least.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71365&highlight=Justin+Gaines

n1127850220_30156774_1987.jpg

Here is a picture of Justin from the FB website.

I was talking to someone who was a member of the Texas Rangers for 45 years. He travels all over the world training LE for various things, and his specialty is missing/murdered children and the pedophiles who kill them.

He said he plays a 3 minute video at the start of his seminars of all of these kids...and sometimes he just cant stand it.

:(

Does anyone know what these skeletal findings mean in terms I might understand?

Snipped from NamUs profile...

Medical:
Skeletal findings: ossified thyroid cartilage congenital non-fusion of 5th lumbar spinous process presence of wormian bone (accessory ossicle) at lambda large incisive foramen fusion of coccyx to 5th scaral segment

Does anyone know what these skeletal findings mean in terms I might understand?
Medical:
Snipped from NamUs profile...

"ossified thyroid cartilage" Ossified cartilage is cartilage that has become calcified and transformed into bone.

"congenital non-fusion of 5th lumbar spinous process" The spinous processes are the pointy structures at the rear of each vertebra. In this instance, one of the spinous process didn't fuse to the vertebra (as normally occurs in fetal development).

"presence of wormian bone (accessory ossicle) at lambda" Human skulls consist of several cranial plates connected together by sutures (i.e., seams). A wormian bone is an additional cranial plate that results from cranial sutures that don't follow the normal pattern. In this instance the extra plate is located at the rear aspect of the crown of the skull (i.e., the "lambda").

"large incisive foramen" The incisive foramen is an opening in the hard palate just behind the upper front teeth.

"Fusion of the coccyx to the 5th sacral segment" - a portion of the coccyx (i.e., tailbone) is fused to an adjacent portion of the sacrum (i.e., a structure of the pelvis).

"ossified thyroid cartilage" Ossified cartilage is cartilage that has become calcified and transformed into bone.

"congenital non-fusion of 5th lumbar spinous process" The spinous processes are the pointy structures at the rear of each vertebra. In this instance, one of the spinous process didn't fuse to the vertebra (as normally occurs in fetal development).

"presence of wormian bone (accessory ossicle) at lambda" Human skulls consist of several cranial plates connected together by sutures (i.e., seams). A wormian bone is an additional cranial plate that results from cranial sutures that don't follow the normal pattern. In this instance the extra plate is located at the rear aspect of the crown of the skull (i.e., the "lambda").

"large incisive foramen" The incisive foramen is an opening in the hard palate just behind the upper front teeth.

"Fusion of the coccyx to the 5th sacral segment" - a portion of the coccyx (i.e., tailbone) is fused to an adjacent portion of the sacrum (i.e., a structure of the pelvis).

Thank you CarlK.

Would you be able to tell by looking at someone that they had these problems? Would they walk with a limp? I am assuming they would but want to make sure...

TIA

Thank you CarlK.

Would you be able to tell by looking at someone that they had these problems? Would they walk with a limp? I am assuming they would but want to make sure...

TIA

I'm no expert in this matter, but I don't think that most of those things listed would be known to people who knew that person. But they would seem to me to be symptoms of abnormal development that might be noticeable in other ways. Unless there were additional physical deformities, I doubt that they would be mentioned in a Missing Person description.

As pointed out above, several years ago, note discrepancies between Namus and GBI Georgia ie: Namus says height 5" whereas Namus says 5'3 - 5'9, Namus says age 33-42/GBI 18-35.

not in Namus but there is a reconstruction at the GBI website. they say he is of mixed ancestry, either Asian or Hispanic. (which could mean Filipino as they had both Spanish and Asian influences)

Unidentified Remains: Bartow County, Hispanic or Asian Mixed Ancestry Male
I think this UID is a great candidate for getting genealogy re-done. I think w/ today's tech, they could differentiate between Asian and Hispanic, and if Asian, different regions of Asian. Also, when they say 'mixed ancestry', do they mean mixed w/ Caucasian?
@othram , if you're ever looking for new and interesting cases to fund, this unsolved homicide victim with unusual spinal defects might be up your alley ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back