949 users online (193 members and 756 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jury ends deliberations for the day.

HHJBP just sent the jury back for the night. They'll continue deliberations tomorrow morning.

I hope they made some headway today, and they get a good night's rest for their continuing heavy task. God speed to them.

Too bad. Was hoping it would happen tonite.

Hopefully by tomorrow, we will have a verdict.

I kind of take it as a good sign, if the jury had the choice or not, as to whether they could continue to deliberate, that they chose to stop for the night.

That's because, if they feel there is too much of a lack of consensus, they would want to keep trying and going at it, because they want to go home. They would feel they have to work as hard as they can to convince others to change their minds or to establish that it is a hung jury, if there was not much of a consensus.

If they know, though, that pretty much everyone feels casey is guilty, then perhaps they feel comfortable resting for the night and picking up tomorrow as they methodically go through each of the jury instructions and each element of the crimes. They know they are in the home stretch and that what they have to do at this point is busy work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case!
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

I hope they rest well also. At least today they were able to talk with each other about the case. May they find the correct verdict.

I watched ICA sitting at the DT table waiting for everyone to come in to the courtroom. It seems to me that she has completely changed her demeanor since this morning when she sat there stone faced. Now she was chatting it up with JB and smiled several times. I bet ICA and the DT are starting to feel more confident since the jury has deliberated for almost 6 hrs so its not a slam dunk for the SA. Beth Karas just announced though that when the jury was walking in they never looked at ICA which she said would be a bad sign if they had walked in with a verdict. So I'm wondering if the jury has voted for guilt but deliberating on what degree she is guilty of.
    This is strictly my opinion!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Does anyone remember how long the Scott Peterson jury was out?

It did not sound as though they had a choice to stay? He just released them.
    Did someone say Scott P.'s verdict was 30 hours? 7th day of deliberation, I just looked it up.
    Just my opinion, of course.

IIRC, two days.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Quote Originally Posted by repairmom View Post
    7 days.

IIRC, eight days.

JSR is offline Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. -Arthur Miller
    over a week. The SP deliberations were a complicated thing. We had jurors get bounced.
    Indeed the Irony IS Rich

Jodi Arias- "Quick on the slime, Slow on the facts"- From Juan's Closing Argument

"The difference between a stumbling block and stepping stone is the character of the person walking the path."- Travis Victor Alexander

Last edited by absolut_alexis; 07-04-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Replace my wrong guess with a link :)

I felt like if they were going to give her the Death Penalty the verdict would come quick, I am afraid if it doesn't come soon she won't get the DP because they will "compromise" to come to a conclusion....I hope I am wrong! I still worry about a hung jury!
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast