Jury ends deliberations for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
HHJBP just sent the jury back for the night. They'll continue deliberations tomorrow morning.

I hope they made some headway today, and they get a good night's rest for their continuing heavy task. God speed to them.

Hopefully by tomorrow, we will have a verdict.

I kind of take it as a good sign, if the jury had the choice or not, as to whether they could continue to deliberate, that they chose to stop for the night.

That's because, if they feel there is too much of a lack of consensus, they would want to keep trying and going at it, because they want to go home. They would feel they have to work as hard as they can to convince others to change their minds or to establish that it is a hung jury, if there was not much of a consensus.

If they know, though, that pretty much everyone feels casey is guilty, then perhaps they feel comfortable resting for the night and picking up tomorrow as they methodically go through each of the jury instructions and each element of the crimes. They know they are in the home stretch and that what they have to do at this point is busy work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case!

I hope they rest well also. At least today they were able to talk with each other about the case. May they find the correct verdict.

I watched ICA sitting at the DT table waiting for everyone to come in to the courtroom. It seems to me that she has completely changed her demeanor since this morning when she sat there stone faced. Now she was chatting it up with JB and smiled several times. I bet ICA and the DT are starting to feel more confident since the jury has deliberated for almost 6 hrs so its not a slam dunk for the SA. Beth Karas just announced though that when the jury was walking in they never looked at ICA which she said would be a bad sign if they had walked in with a verdict. So I'm wondering if the jury has voted for guilt but deliberating on what degree she is guilty of.

Does anyone remember how long the Scott Peterson jury was out?

It did not sound as though they had a choice to stay? He just released them.
Did someone say Scott P.'s verdict was 30 hours? 7th day of deliberation, I just looked it up.

Does anyone remember how long the Scott Peterson jury was out?

over a week. The SP deliberations were a complicated thing. We had jurors get bounced.

I felt like if they were going to give her the Death Penalty the verdict would come quick, I am afraid if it doesn't come soon she won't get the DP because they will "compromise" to come to a conclusion....I hope I am wrong! I still worry about a hung jury!

I hope they rest well also. At least today they were able to talk with each other about the case. May they find the correct verdict.

I'd have to think that would be a pretty amazing thing by itself. Just now being able to talk about things after this trial.

I'm hoping that since this is a DP case, that even if they all agree she is guilty, they will want everyone to know they didn't just decide on a whim and they thoroughly discussed it. I'm trying to convince myself that this is a good sign and not a bad one :/

I am hoping tomorrow. Maybe they are going to have one last dinner, some special event, then one more night at hotel. They can be packed and ready to go.

I know, wishful thinking :)

I have always been worried about a hung jury...and now I am worried that they have too many choices...I think it will be very hard to come to the top count for all twelve. Most of these people sounded pretty firm-minded, and that could go either way.

I kind of take it as a good sign, if the jury had the choice or not, as to whether they could continue to deliberate, that they chose to stop for the night.

That's because, if they feel there is too much of a lack of consensus, they would want to keep trying and going at it, because they want to go home. They would feel they have to work as hard as they can to convince others to change their minds or to establish that it is a hung jury, if there was not much of a consensus.

If they know, though, that pretty much everyone feels casey is guilty, then perhaps they feel comfortable resting for the night and picking up tomorrow as they methodically go through each of the jury instructions and each element of the crimes. They know they are in the home stretch and that what they have to do at this point is busy work.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the case!

I love your posts, gitana, but I don't understand the logic here.

If they were close to a verdict, I think they'd be more likely to stay and deliberate into the evening. If anything, this would seem to indicate a wide gulf between opinions.

The other possibility is that they know the world is watching and they don't want to be criticized for rushing to judgment. If they knew they were staying over to make the deliberation look serious, then closing up for the night tells us nothing one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog