GUILTY MA - Lauren Astley, 18, Wayland, 3 July 2011

Shelby2

Reaction score
Lauren Astley's empty Jeep was found in a parking lot leading to a lake beach, a few miles from where her body was discovered in Wayland, Mass., roughly 20 miles (32 kilometers) west of Boston.
According to WCVB, the Middlesex District Attorney's Office has not released details, but is investigating the death as "suspicious."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/0...-as-missing-massachusetts-teen/#ixzz1RBHsEboW

This is such a tragedy. 18 year old Nathaniel Fujita, also from Wayland, was arrested but no details being released. I need to learn how to post links and will search the site for directions. So sorry! At any rate, Lauren was a beautiful young woman who sang in her High School's a capella group and was leaving for college this Fall. The article in this morning's Boston Globe said that local Police did not feel locals should feel they are in danger and shortly thereafter, I saw an arrest had been made. My sister in law grew up in Wayland- it is one of those beautiful small new england towns, similar to the one I live in on the North Shore of Boston. Very hard to tthe community. Prayers to her family and friends. If anyone has any details, please post as this one in particular hurts my heart. (but they all do, really..)

I've been following this story & am surprised how fast an arrest was made. Hopefully that means there is compelling evidence. The suspect's Facebook page was open. Doesn't appear to be utilized much, but I came away with this: a. Nate is a white boy wanna be gangster type b. Lauren was one of his FB friends.

So sad that her father has lost his only child.

thanks for the help, !! Yes, the arrest was quick. As it turns out, he was her boyfriend of three years- a relationship that ended recently. Blood etc was found in his home. Being held currently without bail. Father of the victim is so sad.

Nate Fujita comes from an intact family. His father is a professor of music at Berklee College. Tomo Fujita immigrated from Japan & is a guitarist who has worked with Jon Mayer. Nate's mother's Facebook profile picture is of her and Jon Mayer in fact. Nate has a little brother and sister. Before Tomo Fujita privatized his Facebook I looked over 300 pictures. They appear to be a beautiful family all smiles. In the article below you can see a link to a You Tube video of Lauren Astley interviewing Tomo for a school project. She and Nate had dated for 3 years off and on through highschool.

This article is pretty damning with the blood in the house and clothes that were found.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/07/05/wayland-police-search-for-murdered-woman’s-boyfriend/

Nate Fujita comes from an intact family. His father is a professor of music at Berklee College. Tomo Fujita immigrated from Japan & is a guitarist who has worked with Jon Mayer. Nate's mother's Facebook profile picture is of her and Jon Mayer in fact. Nate has a little brother and sister. Before Tomo Fujita privatized his Facebook I looked over 300 pictures. They appear to be a beautiful family all smiles. In the article below you can see a link to a You Tube video of Lauren Astley interviewing Tomo for a school project. She and Nate had dated for 3 years off and on through highschool.

This article is pretty damning with the blood in the house and clothes that were found.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/07/05/wayland-police-search-for-murdered-woman’s-boyfriend/

john mayer. not jon.

Lauren Astley Murder: Disturbing New Details Emerge
First Posted: 8/26/11 05:27 PM ET Updated: 8/26/11 05:30 PM ET

Newly released text messages show that Nathaniel Fujita, an 18-year-old star athlete, was trying to rekindle his romance with Lauren Astley, the ex-girlfriend he's accused of murdering.

Fujita, a star on the football and track fields in Massachusetts, swapped a series of text messages with 18-year-old Astley on July 3, the night she died. The messages and the timeline of events were revealed by prosecutors during a Middlesex Superior Court arraignment Tuesday, in which Fujita pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder and was ordered held without bail.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...38339.html#s340815&title=Lauren_Astley_Photos

Time line of events.

Spring 2008 – Lauren Astley and Nathaniel Fujita, both freshmen at Wayland High School, become girlfriend and boyfriend.

April 2011 – Astley ends her relationship with Fujita after the two had dated – with “ups and downs in their relationship" – through their senior year.

June 4, 2011 – Fujita is kicked out of a graduation party after becoming “belligerent and disruptive.” Astley attends the same party and “openly socialized with her friends and classmates.”

June 2011 – Fujita’s mother becomes worried about her son and visits Astley, unbeknownst to her son, at Astley’s place of employment at the Natick Mall. She asks Astley whether she thinks her son “would be okay at college in the fall.” Astley reassures Fujita’s mom.

June 2011 – Astley discusses the visit from Fujita’s mother with her close girlfriends. They talk about Fujita’s behavior at the graduation party and his seeming withdrawal from his circle of Wayland High School friends. They agree that Astley should “check up on him.”

June 27-28, 2011 – Astley sends numerous text messages to Fujita asking to set up a time to talk. The last four of these texts are unanswered.

July 3, just after midnight and again at 1:25 a.m. – Astley texts Fujita, both times seeking a time to get together and talk.

July 3, 12:36 p.m. – Fujita replies that he will meet her. Astley replies by text, “I’m at work till 7.”

July 3, about 3 p.m. – Astley takes her break and makes plans with her best friend to meet later that night with other close friends.

July 3, from about 3:15-5:15 p.m. – Fujita attends a family barbecue in Framingham.

July 3, 6:13 p.m. – Fujita calls Astley.

July 3, 6:14 p.m. – Fujita texts Astley, “call me when you get out.”

July 3, 6:47 p.m. – Astley clocks out of work at Shop344 at the Natick Mall.

July 3, 6:48 p.m. – Astley texts the friends she’d agreed to meet up with later that night.

July 3, 6:51 p.m. – Astley calls Fujita.

July 3, 7:04 p.m. – Fujita calls his mother to ask when she would be home.

July 3, 7:05 p.m. – Fujita calls Astley asking her to park down the street, so his mother wouldn’t see her car.

July 3, 7:05 p.m. – Astley texts Fujita: “Here.”

July 3, 7:45 p.m. – Fujita is observed by a witness familiar with him and his car driving southbound on Route 27. Fujita is shirtless and driving with the windows down and music playing loudly. The witness said he turned right from Route 27 onto King Street, “consistent with getting back to his house quickly by avoiding the traffic light on West Plain.”

July 3, 8:05 p.m. – Fujita calls his mother at the barbecue, this time from a landline.

July 3, 8:08 p.m. – Fujita’s mother returns his call to the landline. Fujita asks whether the family can watch a movie together when they return from the barbecue. He then asks to speak with his cousin, whom he asks to “hang out” later that night, but she declines due to prior plans.

July 3, 9 p.m. – Astley’s friends and family become concerned they haven't heard from her. Astley’s best friend calls Fujita’s cell phone, but finds it to be turned off. She then calls the Fujitas' landline. Fujita answers and says Astley had not been at his house that evening.

July 3, 11 p.m. *– Wayland Police are notified and begin searching for Astley. Officers meet up with Astley’s friends and family at the Town Beach where her Jeep has been discovered.

July 4, midnight – Wayland Police go to the Fujita home where they talk with Fujita and his mother. Fujita says Astley stopped by about 7:45 p.m., but he doesn't know where she is.

July 4, after midnight – Wayland Police again visit the Fujita home, and Fujita and his mother offer the same information as during the previous visit. The officer is given permission to look for Astley in and around the outbuildings on the property, which he does, also shining a flashlight in both of the Fujitas' cars and finding nothing.

July 4, 6:30 a.m. – Wayland Police return to Fujita's home. Fujita then says Astley’s visit the night before could have been earlier than he first reported. When the officer wants to check the times on the phone that Astley and Fujita had spoken on the night before, Fujita “became evasive, and claimed he didn’t have it.”

July 4, about 7:30 a.m. *– A bicyclist traveling on Water Row stopped at a clearing with which she was familiar to look for a Great Blue Heron. She instead saw human knees and a hand sticking out of the water. She immediately calls 911.

July 4, later that morning – Police return to the Fujita home where Fujita’s father says his wife and son left around 8:30 that morning to go shopping. He then goes with officers to the police station.

July 4, throughout the afternoon – Fujita’s father tells police he doesn't know where his wife and son are and could not reach them by phone. All points bulletins are issued for Fujita’s Honda and law enforcement agencies begin making “extensive efforts” to locate Fujita.

July 4, about 6 p.m. – Fujita and his mother arrive at their relative’s home in Framingham.

July 4, that evening – A search warrant is executed at Fujita’s home in Wayland. The search uncovers a trash bag of wet, bloody clothing and sneakers; a second pair of wet sneakers; and numerous blood stains in the garage and on a door handle.

July 5, 1:38 a.m. – District Attorney Gerry Leone authorizes Fujita’s arrest.

July 5, 1:45 a.m. – Fujita is taken into custody.

http://framingham.patch.com/articles/prosecutions-timeline-of-events-in-wayland-murder-3

this case is just heartbreaking- the loss of a beautiful, intelligent young girl.. to her parents--I am so sorry for your loss.

This is very sad and so senseless. Freshmen in high school. So much of their lives ahead of them.

I am so sorry for her parents, family, and friends. Heartbreaking. I'm also sorry for his family. They too have lost a child in many ways.

This one broke my heart, for both sets of parents to be honest. Waiting for the trial in October.

The trial started today, 2/13/13, and is expected to last three weeks. As a refresher, they were both 18 and she evidently broke up with him. He murdered her and her body was found in the marsh near her house. He is pleading 'not guilty'.

Mass. man on trial for murder in ex's death

Lauren Astley Killing: Murder trial begins for Nathaniel Fujita, Mass. man charged with killing ex-girlfriend
Assistant District Attorney Lisa McGovern told the jury that Fujita's actions were planned and deliberate, and he tried hard to cover his tracks, hiding bloody clothes, washing blood from his home and throwing Astley's body in a marsh.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-mass-man-charged-with-killing-ex-girlfriend/

Here is our Missing/Located thread:

lauren_astley_nathaniel_fujita_244x183.jpg

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/07/05/lauren_astley_nathaniel_fujita_244x183.jpg

I will start off by saying that her eyes are absolutely captivating, they look right through you. May she RIP.

Now I'm off to read up on it as this is the first I'm hearing of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back