SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hollins_tammy.jpg

Tammy Hollins

Endangered Missing from Daytona Beach, Florida since June 11, 1979

Age: 14 -- Height: 5'2" -- Weight: 105 lbs -- Hair Color: Black -- Eye Color: Brown

Tammy and her mother, Diane Hollins, were last seen in Daytona Beach, Florida on June 11, 1979. A neighbor saw them walking down the street away from their home at 6:00 am. Diane never showed up for work that day, and Tammy never arrived at school. They have never been heard from again. Few details are available in their case.

NCMEC

Doe Network

NamUs

Charley Project

Diane:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollins_diane.html

Tammy:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hollins_tammy.html

Recent article:
http://www.news-journalonline.com/n...case-with-photos-of-missing-pair-on-cars.html

Drivers aid cold case with photos of missing pair on cars
By LYDA LONGA, Staff writer
July 1, 2011 12:05 AM

On a June morning in 1979, Diane Hollins and her daughter Tammy walked toward the railroad tracks near their rented Daytona Beach home and simply vanished.

No one ever found the bodies of the 31-year-old mother and the 14-year-old daughter, Daytona Beach Deputy Police Chief Steve Beres said, and there were absolutely no clues or evidence left behind that could steer investigators in any kind of direction.

Tammy has a no discussion page on WS:
FL Tammy Hollins (14) - Daytona Beach FL, 1979 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

They have been missing 32 years. I had never heard of their story until now. Tammy has the sweetest smile! Come home soon.

I may be no detective, but I can see that Diane was running from something. An abusive man? Harassment at work? An addiction?

I'm going to search the archives probably tomorrow, if I don't forget. I hope that if she was running from an abusive man he didn't catch up with her and that's why she's missing.

Thanks tarabull. So NamUs UP # 4702 / DN 977UFGA was Tammy Hollins, in fact, and law enforcement has had a hunch about that for over two decades now. It's sad to think it may be again as long before her mother Diane is found.

Stark takeaway reminders from that news article. Anthropometric and forensic estimates need to be done by someone with forensic anthropology training, not just a regular pathologist-medical examiner or the medically untrained coroner some jurisdictions have; and the estimates need to be continually revised and updated as the science improves.

UID thread about male in College Park, GA, and about the girl (suggested to possibly be a relative of some sort) who turned out to be Tammy Hollins
GA GA - College Park, BlkMale UP649, 35-50, Related to UID Teen Female UP4702, Dec'95 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140216/NEWS/140219461?Title=Ormond-family-can-x2019-t-afford-to-bring-slain-teen-x2019-s-remains-home

The family must obtain a burial transit permit to transport Tammy’s remains across state lines lawfully, said David Wilson, funeral director at Thompson Funeral Home in Daytona Beach. Wilson had been working with the family last year in an effort to help them obtain Tammy’s bones. Clark and Robinson are also working with Daytona Beach police’s victim advocate office.

“We were told that it would cost us anywhere between $600 and $1,000 to bring the remains back to Florida and we can’t afford that,” Clark, who lives in Ormond Beach, said Friday. “All we want is to be able to bring Tammy back home.”

Clark and her siblings say they’re glad Tammy was found, but are still heartbroken that her mother — their younger sister Diane Hollins — is still missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Demographics
Missing Age31 Years
Current Age71 Years
First NameDiane
Middle Name--
Last NameHollins
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight135 lbs
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJune 11, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedJune 24, 2010
Last Known Location Map
LocationDaytona Beach, Florida
CountyVolusia County

Circumstances of DisappearanceDiane and Tammy were last seen on 06/09/1979 at app. 6am, walking down the street away from their house by a neighbor. Unk clothing desc. Diane never showed up for work and Tammy never showed up to school after that day.

Link to pic.

Comparisons:

19 Unidentified Persons

#

I'm wondering whether this UID would be a match to Ms. Diane Hollins? Diane went missing in '79. UID was found in '97.

I realize Tammy's body was located in Georgia. Ms. Diane has never been located.

It's possible she could have traveled to NY where she lived (possibly homeless) until 1997. I'll reserve any sort of speculation regarding Tammy's remains being located in Ga. vs. Diane continuing on eventually ending in NY. It seems more important to me at this point to determine whether this is a match before I speculate. MOO

Your thoughts/input, pls.?

#

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

NamUs #UP6837
Female, Black / African American
Date Found. December 4, 1997
Location Found New York, New York
Estimated Age Range 18-99 Years
Est. Height 5'4"

Street Address

154 West 141st Street Apt 2ENew York, New York
County New York County

Circumstances of Recovery
Unknown female found at above location. There was a fire at this location in 12/3/97, residents were evacuated and the building was sealed. FDNY were responding to a second fire there the morning of 12/4/97 when they came upon the decedent in the second floor apartment. She is possibly a homeless woman known to the neighborhood as "Crazy Diane."

No exclusions.

I searched WS UNIDENTFIED for a thread match this UID but didn't find any. If any of you have a link I'd appreciate it.

I did not search IDENTIFIED forum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back