718 users online (175 members and 543 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

How to Become a Verified Member

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer Case, Updated 06-30-11 (by the Herald Times Online)
    Photos and Maps
    Media Links

Bloomington Police search for missing 20 year old woman

She is a white female, 4 feet 11 inches tall, slender build, has blue eyes and long blonde hair. She is listed as a student according to IU Bloomington's website.

Spierer was last seen walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way back to her apartment in Smallwood Plaza, located on College Avenue.

She did not arrive to her apartment and video footage does not show her entering the apartment complex.
    Spierer was wearing a white tank top with a loose, light colored button shirt over it and full length black stretch pants. She was not wearing shoes.

Re: the photo released Wednesday, 06-15-2011, of Lauren leaving Smallwood Apartments the evening of June 2, 2011. ttp://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laure...,1261306.story
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread 31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34
    Last edited by bessie; 02-05-2016 at 12:12 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

A quick question...what is the most likely theory of why her keys and purse ended up where they did? According to the map of her route she never walked directly by that location.

Here’s a question:
    How thorough are Law Enforcement when it comes to searching homes in a case like this? We know they’ve searched CR, JR, and JW’s homes at least, I would hope they would have also searched the homes of anyone Lauren knows at 10 North.

We know dogs have been brought in, would it also be routine to do things such as

1) Confiscate and examine computers?
    2) Look through receipts, notebooks, suff like that?
    3) Check for traces of blood/DNA in sinks, tubs, on the carpet, on clothing etc...?

Can they do this if they don’t already have clear evidence linking a person to a crime? What would a warrant allow them to do? I’m just curious what is routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing Budweiser View Post
    A quick question...what is the most likely theory of why her keys and purse ended up where they did? According to the map of her route she never walked directly by that location.
    The map is an approximation. She likely did walk by that location.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by eqh View Post
    Here’s a question:
    How thorough are Law Enforcement when it comes to searching homes in a case like this? We know they’ve searched CR, JR, and JW’s homes at least, I would hope they would have also searched the homes of anyone Lauren knows at 10 North.

We know dogs have been brought in, would it also be routine to do things such as

1) Confiscate and examine computers?
    2) Look through receipts, notebooks, suff like that?
    3) Check for traces of blood/DNA in sinks, tubs, on the carpet, on clothing etc...?

Can they do this if they don’t already have clear evidence linking a person to a crime? What would a warrant allow them to do? I’m just curious what is routine.
    I don't think LE can do any of these things unless they get an warrant or the person agrees to let them do it. And I am not sure how many people would agree with confiscation of their computer voluntarily.
    Just my opinion

LE can probably get warrants for some places/things based on "probable cause", standard not being as high as needed to arrest someone. But at the most, probably places where Lauren was known to be that night, not just places where she knew people. Probably can get them for electronics of a number of people, JMO.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Do you guys know when we will get aheads down/up on the body?

Considering the Spierers were passing flyers for people to help find Lauren, I don't think it's her. But I'd still like a confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    Do you guys know when we will get aheads down/up on the body?

Considering the Spierers were passing flyers for people to help find Lauren, I don't think it's her. But I'd still like a confirmation.
    I want to know who that is regardless. Hopefully some other case can get solved if its not LS.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I want to know who that is regardless. Hopefully some other case can get solved if its not LS.
    That's true.

I mean, how long can an autopsy take??

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    I kind of hope she turns out to be one of the cases here on WS...and think it could be, due to the decomposition, it is not someone who just went missing this past week, for example. For some reason, I was thinking Roxanne Shah, but now, not so much, due to location. Maybe the grandmother who went missing June 13th?

PS- Obviously I don't mean I hope anyone we've dicussed here is deceased...just hoping one case can be resolved...

They started at 9:30 EST this morning, so it's only been an hour. Hopefully some answers will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patience View Post
    Um, that article needs some serious fact-checking.

"The body was found in the water near the 6500 block of East Fall Creek Parkway, just three miles from Spierer's school."

?? That location is at least an hour away from Bloomington.

If not Lauren...where is she?? Will she be found?
    In most cases I have followed it seems to be right away or a very long time...
    Morgan was one exception, found in about 3.5 months, which is relatively "quick."

But so many others, not at all...I always hear Mark Klaas saying, as he did on Nancy Grace one night, when talking about Hasanni Campbell..."it is such a huge world and his body is so tiny..."

I just looked up the location. omg, that location is right next to the country club my friend is getting married at next summer (I'm a bridesmaid).

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast