Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I kind of hope she turns out to be one of the cases here on WS...and think it could be, due to the decomposition, it is not someone who just went missing this past week, for example. For some reason, I was thinking Roxanne Shah, but now, not so much, due to location. Maybe the grandmother who went missing June 13th?

PS- Obviously I don't mean I hope anyone we've dicussed here is deceased...just hoping one case can be resolved...
    You are more optimistic than I. I believe the older cases would be in far more advanced decay. It is most likely Dorothy Heard.

Onward, let us find them all and bring them home. maybe we should launch a FINDthemall day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blythe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowAngels View Post
    They started at 9:30 EST this morning, so it's only been an hour. Hopefully some answers will come soon.
    Autopsy + identification (easy if LS, Nobelsville woman, maybe hard otherwise) + notifying family (if possible) + briefing LE + press announcement or press conference (maybe)....

I dunno... my guess would be hearing something (maybe announcing a presser) between 2 and 3??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eqh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowAngels View Post
    I just looked up the location. omg, that location is right next to the country club my friend is getting married at next summer (I'm a bridesmaid).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tr. For This Useful Post:

Autopsy results on body expected Tues.
    Updated: Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 10:14 AM EDT
    Published : Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 10:14 AM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Autopsy results on the body of a woman found in Fall Creek in Indianapolis Sunday are expected by noon on Tuesday, officials say.
    http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...-expected-tues

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PineMushroom For This Useful Post:

Another possibility

Fall creek runs through some urban and high-crime areas. It is in the realm of possibility this could be someone local or passing through the area who has either not been reported missing or hasnít received any public attention.

But all lives are created equal by the Lord, so letís hope that comfort is given and justice is served regardless.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to eqh For This Useful Post:

This post was by Tr. in the previous thread. Worth bringing over here incase anyone missed it.

I spent a few hours looking around the area where the body was located in Fall Creek.
    I went up stream and looked for places where it would be the easiest to move a body from a car to the creek without being noticed. I also scoured the ground around these places for any sign of jewelery of clothing...nothing found.
    A couple of things that stand out (to me) about this area as a chosen body dump site:
    - There is hardly anywhere along this creek that you would not be taking a considerable risk in being seen disposing of a body or moving a large object from a car..etc
    There is a lot of traffic and the area is heavily populated.
    - A couple of the best spots for doing so require that you trespass on Boy Scouts of America property...but the creek is very close to the road (along Fall Creek Pkwy just east of Shadeland Ave.) and dense with trees and vegetation.
    - Further to the East is Ft Benjamin Harrison State Park

- Imo someone utilizing this area as a body disposal sight would likely have a strong familiarity with it beforehand.
    In other words, they did not just pull off of the interstate and find this in the dark. Imo, they had to know the area.

-As mentioned earlier, Fall Creek is fed by Geist Reservoir. It's possible that the body was dropped near the dam.
    And, again I think this would require some knowledge of the area.
    Although the dam is several miles upstream from where the body was discovered, the creek has been out of it's banks recently.
    Heavy rains through this area in June could have pushed a body downstream that distance.

The creek has a very inconsistent depth range. Today parts of the creek are no more than 18" deep in places and there are pockets that are several feet deep.
    Unless you used the dam as the "put in point" you would have to know the creek well to know where the deep pockets are in order to conceal the body.
    It's the kind of creek that meanders most of the time and seems to stand still in places.
    But when heavy rains come, it rises quickly and becomes a fast moving stream.

When LS went missing on 6/3 we had not had rain for several days. On Sat. 6/4 we had a major storm from the North through Indy in the early evening and late evening it passed through Btown.

I hope they know whose body this is, in any case, it is so sad if they cannot identify someone...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Also, I believe it has been mentioned multiple times that one of the POI went to high school only a few miles from this location where the body was discovered.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Azimuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I hope they know whose body this is, in any case, it is so sad if they cannot identify someone...
    I think they will ID someone. My guess it could be the missing grandmother. LS and grandmother are actually of similar height and grandmother has kind of a silver blond hair that I guess might be difficult to tell from LS blond hair.
    "That investigators searching for an underage college student and a great-grandmother could both be interested in the Fall Creek discovery says a great deal about the extent of the decomposition of the body in Fall Creek and how little police could do to initially identify it."
    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com
    Just my opinion

- Imo someone utilizing this area as a body disposal sight would likely have a strong familiarity with it beforehand.
    In other words, they did not just pull off of the interstate and find this in the dark. Imo, they had to know the area.
    This can probably not be overstated. Despite the location being right off of 465, if you were headed northbound, you would need to know to get off of the interstate at exit 40, which is a full mile south of the location.

Edit- though I suppose the creek is accessible from the interstate itself, if you pulled over to the shoulder, you could throw something over.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bx2 For This Useful Post:

I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Forgive me if this is an amateur question, but how long do autopsies take? I am assuming it depends on the condition of the body, crime, etc. The family members will be notified before any of us, etc....will we know the identity today?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?
    She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.
    Thanks for clearing this up.... so LS would remain over the summer... now I wonder if her remaining and someone who was leaving could have played a part...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

It's been said that there were either four total or four others besides LS at JR's. They could very well be ZO, AB, JR, and his friend. If this pertains to her second visit of the night and she left at 4:30, then one of these four could have followed her and be her abductor.

I know this or something very similar has probably already been said. It's just taking shape in real way for me today.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast