Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Forgive me if this is an amateur question, but how long do autopsies take? I am assuming it depends on the condition of the body, crime, etc. The family members will be notified before any of us, etc....will we know the identity today?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    I see this case a sort of an "opposite end of the spectrum" to Holly Bobo's disappearance - LS had so many around her when she disappeared, I truly can't keep track of who was where, who did what that night. I think those around her are all worrying about being implicated is lesser crimes, and as such their interests hinder the truth coming out. I still think it's possible someone other than those already mentioned took LS...

Another thought - it was at the end of the school year. Did that play any part in this... putting pressure on someone who wanted to have LS, and acted before she was about to go back home (assuming she wasn't staying around for any summer courses..) Were there more parties taking place because most were about to leave...prompting a perp to act before the crowds thinned out for summer?
    She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    She was planning to take a summer course at Ivy Tech Bloomington.
    Thanks for clearing this up.... so LS would remain over the summer... now I wonder if her remaining and someone who was leaving could have played a part...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

It's been said that there were either four total or four others besides LS at JR's. They could very well be ZO, AB, JR, and his friend. If this pertains to her second visit of the night and she left at 4:30, then one of these four could have followed her and be her abductor.

I know this or something very similar has probably already been said. It's just taking shape in real way for me today.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jupiter812 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Thanks for clearing this up.... so LS would remain over the summer... now I wonder if her remaining and someone who was leaving could have played a part...
    I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure she was only planning to stay for a short summer session before returning to NY for a summer internship at Anthropologie.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J1981 For This Useful Post:

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to porchpile For This Useful Post:

Body found in creek, not Lauren, coroner says.
    www.tonygatto.com

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TonyGatto For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter812 View Post
    It's been said that there were either four total or four others besides LS at JR's. They could very well be ZO, AB, JR, and his friend. If this pertains to her second visit of the night and she left at 4:30, then one of these four could have followed her and be her abductor.

I know this or something very similar has probably already been said. It's just taking shape in real way for me today.
    Would she have realized at this point that she might have left her cellphone at the bar and headed back to try to get it (bar would be closed though)? Would have been seen on security cameras, but would have tried to keep out-of-sight for fear of being caught under the influence....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by porchpile View Post
    This makes me so incredibly sad. I was really hoping the Spierer family would have some answers today.

However, I am happy that some other family will.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IndyMom For This Useful Post:

Any clue on who JR's alleged visitor from home is? And what became of him/her after LS went missing?

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PineMushroom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PineMushroom View Post
    Any clue on who JR's alleged visitor from home is? And what became of him/her after LS went missing?
    Nope. We have no information on that whatsoever.
    Just my opinion

23. The Following User Says Thank You to jjenny For This Useful Post:

I'm going to assume they've also ruled out Dorothy Heard. I was so hoping today would end the waiting for some family.

It could be weeks before police learn the identity of a woman whose body was found in Fall Creek, prompting speculation it could be connected to the case of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer.

The badly decomposed body, found Sunday in the river along the 6500 block E. Fall Creek Pkwy N. Dr., was intact, but officials said they haven't been able to determine how long it had been in the water.
    Ballew said it was difficult to tell the hair color of the body, which was found without clothes.
    http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28449548/detail.html

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

How sad that she remains unidentified...I am guessing they have DNA on the various missing women that they know about, so it may take a while for that to come back...
    Just my opinion, of course.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I'm going to assume they've also ruled out Dorothy Heard. I was so hoping today would end the waiting for some family.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28449548/detail.html
    Yes, they've ruled out Dorothy as well.

http://www.wthr.com/story/15025257/a...-in-fall-creek

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyMom For This Useful Post:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...opular|text|FR
    Preliminary results from an autopsy this morning on a body discovered Sunday in Fall Creek indicate the victim was likely an African American female -- and not missing IU student Lauren Spierer or Noblesville great-grandmother Dorothy Mae Heard, according to Alfarena Ballew, Marion County chief deputy coroner.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frogzilla For This Useful Post:

I'm really sad too. I was hoping Lauren's family could get closure and start healing =[

As it turns out, the body is that of an African American woman. Seems there's also a significant difference in height.

The body was that of a young black woman who could not immediately be identified, Indianapolis TV station WTHR reported. Spierer is white.
    http://www.lohud.com/article/2011070...yssey=nav|head

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bessie For This Useful Post:

Well, I stand corrected. Seems that it is in your best interest to dispose of a dead body.
    Nature works in your favor by way of decomposition. The law, as it ought to, works in your favor. No body, no case. Decayed remains, no evidence. Now why didn't Amanda Knox think of that? Today is a very sad day. A young unclaimed, as yet, young woman corpse discovered, no LS and so many others left for dead still missing. Add to that dubious justice in the CA case.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blythe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgirl2010 View Post
    I'm really sad too. I was hoping Lauren's family could get closure and start healing =[
    I am confident that the criminals who did whatever they did to LS will be arrested, tried and convicted. It seems more and more likely that her case was a murder, either linked to OD or to a sexual attack. The "random abduction" theory does not make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Blythe View Post
    Well, I stand corrected. Seems that it is in your best interest to dispose of a dead body.
    Nature works in your favor by way of decomposition. The law, as it ought to, works in your favor. No body, no case. Decayed remains, no evidence. Now why didn't Amanda Knox think of that? Today is a very sad day. A young unclaimed, as yet, young woman corpse discovered, no LS and so many others left for dead still missing. Add to that dubious justice in the CA case.
    Just like Phylicia Barnes...will she ever get justice? She was in the river for four months...
    Just my opinion, of course.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blythe View Post
    I don't have a lot of faith in anything today. How sad

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IndyMom For This Useful Post:

The lesson which I have learned is that you need to be very, very careful with whom you surround yourself. Phylicia Barnes, Lauren Spierer, and Gail Nowacki (regardless of whether her spouse actually killed her or not, he had a hand in it in some way) are prime examples of this. Unfortunately, a child - i.e. Caylee Anthony - has no control over who is around her.

It is extremely discouraging to know that people who do bad things to others are permitted to live their lives. I know that it is a life noone would want (I mean, think about it - being scared all the time that you will be found out). But still, it is discouraging...

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fedfan4life For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fedfan4life View Post
    It is extremely discouraging to know that people who do bad things to others are permitted to live their lives. I know that it is a life noone would want (I mean, think about it - being scared all the time that you will be found out). But still, it is discouraging...
    There are many murderers and criminals that escape the law for a while. However, in the case of LS I believe that the criminal (s) will be arrested. Somehow, I believe that there is more than one involved and at some point someone will break and talk.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMom View Post
    I don't have a lot of faith in anything today. How sad
    It's all very disturbing indeed. We need to find LS and get her back to her family and send a perp to jail...that'll cheer us up.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast