Do you trust this jury?

Elder Price

Reaction score
I think most of us here think ICA should be convicted of First Degree Murder. It is more than obvious, it is PAINFULLY obvious. Painfully obvious to the point that if she is convicted of anything else I will feel very sick.

My concern is there will be at least one holdout hanging the jury, after JB's hack job. (I actually think there may have had a better chance at conviction with a real attorney who played by the rules.) When I read their profiles I always find something to cause me concern. We all know about Juror #4 and #2 causes me some concern as well. JB slung so much BS out there it may have confused at least one of them. When I read their profiles collectively, somehow, I do not have a good feeling about it. I hope I am wrong and they reflect on what LDB had to say on that final rebuttal.

Do you think this jury will come together and do the right thing?

Having #4 included because of race has always bothered me, after she said she can't judge someone. She should have been tossed because of that.

I hate when juries are second guessed, I TRUST they will do the best job they can with what they have to work with. I think the defense did the best they could with what they had to work with. I think these people have given up 6 weeks of their lives and it's not my place to judge or second guess the decision they reach. At the end of the day a little girl is dead and a family is destroyed not sure where anyone can find happiness with another human being put to death....do I think she deserves it IF she did everything she is accused of YES I do BUT it brings me no happiness.

I never TRUST a jury, all I can do is HOPE they come to a just verdict.

I wish them all the best, testimony and evidence they've seen in this case is IMO life altering.

yesterday seidlin said that it's important to remember that juries aren't rich and famous, so they tend to lack sophistication, the implication being that they may be too dense to get the rules. i kid you not. what a meatball. it seems that ever since the o.j. case folks think that juries acquit despite overwhelming evidence, that there's always a 50/50 chance a defendant will walk regardless of the evidence. which is absolutely crazy on so many levels. i think this jury, like most juries, will have absolutely no problem weighing the evidence and returning a verdict that makes sense.

I completely trust that this jury will do their jobs.

The only thing I have not trusted all along was their knowledge of the case. Those who knew few details, more than likely knew a whole lot more than what they claimed during jury selections.
No doubt, this is good for Caylee's side, but their motive for getting on this jury may not be.

I fully expect that at least 5 of these people are excited to start cashing in on this trial.

Maybe I missed something (which is entirely possible since so many of you fabulous WSers have been on this case for years!), but I thought we didn't really know which jurors were the 12 and which were the alternates? And that they didn't know until they were instructed yesterday?

I say this only because #4 concerns me too, and I am wondering if there is a chance she is now an alternate?

All in all, though, I do trust this jury... I think they know the deal. They're working through the holiday weekend, and I think they spent yesterday getting it together, picking a foreman, getting organized. I think they want to do this right. Jeff, Linda, and Frank made Caylee a person for them, not a body in the woods. I have to hope they'll serve justice appropriately.

Maybe I missed something (which is entirely possible since so many of you fabulous WSers have been on this case for years!), but I thought we didn't really know which jurors were the 12 and which were the alternates? And that they didn't know until they were instructed yesterday?

I say this only because #4 concerns me too, and I am wondering if there is a chance she is now an alternate?

All in all, though, I do trust this jury... I think they know the deal. They're working through the holiday weekend, and I think they spent yesterday getting it together, picking a foreman, getting organized. I think they want to do this right. Jeff, Linda, and Frank made Caylee a person for them, not a body in the woods. I have to hope they'll serve justice appropriately.

My gut feeling is that she has become an alternate. I'm not so sure that the 12 needed were chosen by the seat number assigned during jury selection. It's possible that HHJP drew from a hat to determine the 12.

My gut feeling is that she has become an alternate. I'm not so sure that the 12 needed were chosen by the seat number assigned during jury selection. It's possible that HHJP drew from a hat to determine the 12.

no... she is not an alternate she is juror 4

there is no drawing from a hat...

they are in order...

(in the jury thread they are listed in order)

I think lots of people would not want to be on a trial such as this, especially knowing they were going to another county and being sequestered for several weeks or months. They would give any reason to not be picked. I have faith that ALL these jurors will do the right thing and find her guilty as charged on the indictment.

I have faith JA, LD-B and FG, ALL combined, did a good job showing the evidence speaks for itself, and the jurors will do the right thing as well.

Justice for Caylee

Well Nancy Grace just dropped bombshell on twitter so it is possible that #2 and #4 could both be an issue.

TeamNancyHLN
Juror 2: During jury selection, said he could not find someone guilty. Will he hold up the process in the #CaseyAnthony deliberations? #HLN

Well Nancy Grace just dropped bombshell on twitter so it is possible that #2 and #4 could both be an issue.

TeamNancyHLN
Juror 2: During jury selection, said he could not find someone guilty. Will he hold up the process in the #CaseyAnthony deliberations? #HLN

If either one refuses to deliberate, can't defend their stance, they will be replaced.

No worries

No one knows what is in the minds of the jurors. I don't listen to much of the talk about who may be a problem and who might do this or not do that, from talking heads. These individuals gave up 2 months of their lives. Now going in they may have thought they would do this, or couldn't do that.

But I believe now that the jury is in deliberations anyone with a conscience will work very hard to find a way to come to a decision with the other jurors.

The rest to me is news/talk show/ talking heads trying to fill time.

I think the juror that can not judge ppl should have never been chosen for this jury and might have an effect on what happens JMO

why have a person that cant judge ppl be on a panel that has to judge someone?
I think it could result in a hung jury JMO

We have no choice but to put our trust in them. JMO

As far as the rich and famous being more evolved than you and me...I present to you Paris Hilton.

I didn't think Judge Seidlin's performance during the Anna Nicole Smith hearing showed a great deal of sophistication, personally. Can't see Judge Perry boo-hooing from the bench.

I'm pretty sure only the jurors didn't know who were alternates. The way they were numbered to media is what number they were in order...Jury 4 is 4 of 12, she is on the jury. They released 13-17 yesterday to their rooms and it was reported that 14 and 15 were big note takers.

Having #4 included because of race has always bothered me, after she said she can't judge someone. She should have been tossed because of that.

I agree, she should have never been put on this jury. But she is.
IMO
The DT made a huge mistake wanting her on this jury they did not take into consideration that she could be the most judgemental
I base my opinion on my own personal experience, people who say they can not or do not judge people are usually the harhest critics and the most judgemental

I think the juror that can not judge ppl should have never been chosen for this jury and might have an effect on what happens JMO

why have a person that cant judge ppl be on a panel that has to judge someone?
I think it could result in a hung jury JMO

The State tried to get her out, the Defense objected to it basing it on something to do with racial discrimination??? I have to look it up, but JP kept her on for whatever reason. I agree she never should have been left on the jury. If people get dismissed for being too judgemental/biased, then they should also remove those who feel they have no right to judge at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back