937 users online (138 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Why did the jury reach this verdict?

I'm interested in hearing what others think about why the jury might have reached this decision. I should preface by saying, I feel strongly this was the wrong decision. But since the jury isn't speaking, I have no idea why they reached this decision. I would love to hear what others think about how they might have arrived at this verdict.

I'll start by saying, I've heard the lawyers opining a jury could have decided she's innocent, or they could have decided the state did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt. I think the state proved their case. But the jury believing they didn't is the only thing I can believe. I just can't believe anyone could think she's innocent.

12 Stealth jurors. They didn't even take 2 days to find her not guilty of any and all murder charges????????????????????????

I would have had to vote Not Guilty too, based on the evidence. Juries are instructed to study the evidence. All the prosecution really proved is that the Anthony family is screwed up. Not having a specific cause of death was a big factor, I think.

I think they just wanted to go home and no one cared enough about it to argue. I think they just wanted it over with and that they certainly had no intention of being sequestered for another 2 weeks while they sat through a penalty phase. I think they were resentful about being sequestered away from their homes and families for so long and just wanted to get on with their summer vacations.

I think they just didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by rose222 View Post
    12 Stealth jurors. They didn't even take 2 days to find her not guilty of any and all murder charges????????????????????????
    You know the jury had to go with what they had. There was so muck lying being done on the stand . Like the Judge said they could take some of the testimony or none of it. Question to all of you if they would have taken the same amount of time and came back of convicting her would you be screaming? NO. I knew when the Jury got the case she would not get 1st degree but I thought second degree , I was wrong. like I said ther was so much Crap said on the stand on both sides.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

I have to wonder if the scientific evidence just didn't connect with them. I know we heard throughout that sometimes jurors (not thinking of any in particular here) didn't take notes. Would it have been difficult to really see the SA's case if you didn't have a handle on this evidence? I'd have to think so.

The West Memphis 3 had not one thing linking them to the crime and yet two were sentenced to life in prison and one to death row.

Casey was the last one seen with Caylee, didn't report her missing, etc, etc and found innocent. I'll shake my head on this for the rest of my life.
    It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

I would guess that it was the chloroform searches on the computer forensics reports that the jury had trouble with because the number of searches on sci-spot.com is an issue. The chloroform searches was one of the foundations of premeditation., IMO and the jury found that lacking.

I disagree with the not guilty verdict, but having watched the jury voir dire, I'm satisfied with how the jury was picked.

I don't know, but they OWED it to society to talk to the media today and i'm doubly pizzed that they chose NOT to.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    I think they reached the verdict because Baez was able to put reasonable doubt in their minds, due to "no dna evidence"; "no filming of the murder of Caylee"; and no actual proof that ICA did the searches on the computer. JB clouded and obfuscated all the circumstantial evidence that did exist.

I find myself wondering IF the Anthony family were possibly all in on this ploy of Baez's to throw George and Lee under the bus, in order to set their "princess, ICA" free? All of George and Cindy's lying on the stand, only helped to obfuscate the circumstantial evidence, resulting in reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.

Since we don't know their names, I don't think this is calling names. I think they were all idiots. I can't even comprehend how they could have found her not guilty of ANYTHING except lying to police. Even if they believed it was a drowning, how do they justify Caylee's body being found in the swamp in plastic bags since there was absolutely nothing testified to that would say how she got there? I'm in absolute shock and physically sick!
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    I don't know, but they OWED it to society to talk to the media today and i'm doubly pizzed that they chose NOT to.
    They'd have to be crazy to speak to the media, and identify themselves publicly, imo. There would be a witch-hunt for each and every one of them. JMO. (Not saying that I wouldn't have LOVED to hear from them!)

The evidence presented didn't meet the burden of proof, and Baez poked holes in the State's case, especially in closing. And really, who can tell one Anthony liar from the next? Perhaps they felt Not Guilty was the only fair verdict.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't agree with the jury's verdict (because i'm privy to far more than they were during trial), but I do understand and respect their verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I think they reached the verdict because Baez was able to put reasonable doubt in their minds, due to "no dna evidence"; "no filming of the murder of Caylee"; and no actual proof that ICA did the searches on the computer. JB clouded and obfuscated all the circumstantial evidence that did exist.

I find myself wondering IF the Anthony family were possibly all in on this ploy of Baez's to throw George and Lee under the bus, in order to set their "princess, ICA" free? All of George and Cindy's lying on the stand, only helped to obfuscate the circumstantial evidence, resulting in reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.
    There was an episode on L.A. Law many years back where two parents killed their impaired infant together and they both got off by pointing the finger at each other. It confounds jurors.
    So help me God.

I wonder if they felt like she wasn't getting a fair trial because of all the objecting and whatnot when the defense was putting on their CIC.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast