Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    They have no common sense. I am always naive enough to believe people will follow their common sense and see the obvious, but time and time again I am proven wrong. The reality is most people don't have common sense.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:

I just don't think they had the full picture. I also think sadly that in the age of CSI type shows that the defense went for that and put on everything on earth that didn't come back with any forensic evidence and that swayed them. All I know is that for them all to come back SO quickly with the same verdict they ALL soundly felt it wasn't proven. At the end of the day the DT did in fact throw enough on the wall that some of it stuck. In addition, the lieing that occurred from the family did nothing but prove to the jury that they couldn't believe anything. I'm not 100% sure if this was a coordinated action by the family with the DT, but if it was apparantly it was a stroke of genius, even if evil genius. I want to blame this jury, but unlike the OJ jury I'm shocked at the amount of information they didn't have that we do! Either way, it's a very sad day.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kjpaw For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    The Prosecutor was too aggressive with Death Penalty on the table in a case where cause of death could not be proved. This jury knew that the DP could be the ultimate punishment for Casey, and they probably rendered their verdict based on that even though the penalty phase would have been separate. I never thought that HHJP would sentence Ms. Anthony to death, and I always favored LWOP. As it stands, Casey will probably walk out of the jail on Thursday and begin making appearances on talk shows with her attorney. I hope and pray that there will be justice for Caylee some day, but I'm afraid that it will not be in this world. jmo

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by megsy View Post
    I wonder if they felt like she wasn't getting a fair trial because of all the objecting and whatnot when the defense was putting on their CIC.
    You know I wondered if all of the delays by the defense would have made the jury think the prosecution was trying to hide things even though the delays were because Baez was violating court orders.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikki 01 For This Useful Post:

Here's a few:

Reasonable doubt re: chloroform.
    Reasonable doubt re: motive.
    Reasonable doubt re: computer forensics.

These are all issues that have been pointed out in this forum, but the prevailing opinion here was/is that a strong personal conviction of her guilt should be shared by sequestered jurors who would decide the case on the evidence and testimony.

I do think the State was overconfident, most of the media had tilted their hand, and social media had long ago decided the outcome. All three elements feed into and strengthened each other in intensity so that the outcome: aquittal became a huge shock - when it should not be given the actual testimony and evidence.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

I'm at a loss. How could common sense not tell you that she was involved in Caylee's death? Even if you didn't believe the forensics she had Caylee, hid for 31 days and Caylee is found dead. She then lies to LE. Those were all proven. I'm shocked they found it justice for her to just walk away.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sappysoul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki 01 View Post
    You know I wondered if all of the delays by the defense would have made the jury think the prosecution was trying to hide things even though the delays were because Baez was violating court orders.
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

That, coupled with the CSI effect.

It's a sad day.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to megsy For This Useful Post:

Many posters in other threads seem to think that this verdict means that the jury "bought" the defense's story of an accidental drowning, but that isn't necessarily so. Jurors might actually believe Casey was responsible for Caylee's death, but felt that the prosecution did not prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, and if so, then they are duty bound to acquit her.

Personally, and I know this won't win me any popularity contests around here, I would have voted not guilty on all but the lying to LE myself. I do feel fairly certain that Casey was responsible in some way for Caylee's death, I do feel fairly sure that it was proven that she was in that trunk after death, and I think (with less certainty) that she was put in the swamp by Casey, but I did not feel like the evidence presented at trial proved her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt as to any of the murder, manslaughter, agg child abuse charges.

I also think that Mason's closing argument, regarding reasonable doubt, etc., may have been a strong factor in the jury's decision. I thought his argument and delivery were excellent, and he was definitely at his best during that summation, IMO. It is very important to remember that although this verdict is painful for many, especially so since it feels like no one is being held responsible for the murder of a CHILD, the adversarial system, the presumption of innocence, the beyond a reasonable doubt threshold, and the right to a vigorous defense are all invaluable tools in our justice system that help keep the state honest, and at least in theory help to ensure that it is DIFFICULT to take someone's freedom away, or especially to condemn them to death (regarding which, I agree with Baez in his statement - our country really needs to do away with murdering people for their crimes).

JMO. Hurl your tomatoes.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gardenlady For This Useful Post:

I believe there were one or two very strong personalities on the jury that swayed the rest to vote that way.. early on.

I just can't imagine completely acquitting her like that .. what a waste. Casey is an extremely dangerous sociopath who has just learned she can do as she wises.. with little to no consequences... I pray for her next victim.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kaki For This Useful Post:

I think the lies worked on this jury. IMO It wasn't just reasonable doubt, they bought the cock and bull story that JB laid out for them.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Eunice Burns For This Useful Post:

Because they were over it already. They wanted to go home. Bella Vita. Is that the saying?

I can't say all the things I wish I could. Anyway ... it's just my opinion and I was wrong before. I thought they would find her guilty of harming her child in some way.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I think they reached the verdict because Baez was able to put reasonable doubt in their minds, due to "no dna evidence"; "no filming of the murder of Caylee"; and no actual proof that ICA did the searches on the computer. JB clouded and obfuscated all the circumstantial evidence that did exist.

I find myself wondering IF the Anthony family were possibly all in on this ploy of Baez's to throw George and Lee under the bus, in order to set their "princess, ICA" free? All of George and Cindy's lying on the stand, only helped to obfuscate the circumstantial evidence, resulting in reasonable doubt in the minds of the jurors.
    So I have to wonder if all those defending Cindy's perjury as a grieving grandmother still feel the same.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sappysoul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    I think they just wanted to go home and no one cared enough about it to argue. I think they just wanted it over with and that they certainly had no intention of being sequestered for another 2 weeks while they sat through a penalty phase. I think they were resentful about being sequestered away from their homes and families for so long and just wanted to get on with their summer vacations.

I think they just didn't care.
    Finally! A judgement I can whole-heartedly agree with today !

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

I also think a lot of the defense attorney talking heads, labeled initially as "legal analysts" (esp. Bill S) were sucked in to the frenzy and became cheerleaders for the State - each one trying to jockey for pole position instead of providing a balanced analysis. This compounded expectations for a certain verdict. Bill S did an awful lot of back-pedalling today after the verdict.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jrb0124 For This Useful Post:

I have to agree with it being just too ugly, too much muck, for a trial as one reason. Too much game playing, too many things left out, too much jumping around, too much everything from both sides. I also said this before, if you could look at this trial from someone's eyes that did not know anything about it, you would see the State spent too much time on KC's lies and belligerence to her parents and friends. I don't feel they presented enough of whatever "evidence" they had.

Do I think the defense did a good job? No.

I think the jurors just couldn't get through the bologna displayed in Court, and, again, I will say, lack of smoking gun. No one wanted to sit there for 2 months and hear a bunch of fussing, they wanted hard evidence. They didn't get it.

We had more info here. The jurors just got emotionally tugged daily (As did we.), I don't know if the cameras made it worse, or if it was just what was there. Not a case I would have been happy to be a juror on.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 21merc7 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast