Civil Suit

Jennerbear

Reaction score
I will keep this short and sweet. I really think George and Cindy should go after KC in a civil suit. No doubt tot mom will be getting $$$ from this - I say go after her.

I agree; however, Casey is their precious child. I don't think that they will do anything to her.

I said in another thread, I hope a possible father of Caylee comes forward and files a civil suit. There was a woman on NG who said her son was killed in a car accident, and believes he is the father of Caylee. I sincerely doubt that, but honestly, he is out there somewhere.

Not a bad thought but her parents would never do it.

If that woman who claims her dead son is father gets proof it's true his family could sue her and I think there's a good chance they would win.

It'd be nice if someone filed a civil suit. But this family never will. I wonder if an extended family member would be allowed? I know nothing of what the criteria is for bringing a civil suit. But I doubt it will happen.

I was thinking the same thing. That woman could and if she's telling the truth, should, bring a civil suit. I'd like to see that.

Will Casey go after George, she accused him of covering up the accidental death of Caylee and she accused him of molesting her? I don't believe a word of it, just asking.

I can't imagine George and Casey looking each other in the eye and saying I love you again. Poor George, how does he feel now, I heard he was red faced and stone faced as the verdict was read.

I'm just thinking of the OJ comparisons and how the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman went after him. CA and GA (I believe) are not happy with the verdict. I hope SOMEONE somehow can go after her in a civil suit. She cannot be retried for the same case in anything but a civil suit. She could admit tomorrow that she killed her baby - but could not go to a criminal trial for it. :(

Nobody can go after her in a civil suit. Nobody would have standing to sue Casey for Caylee's death. Only "survivors" can sue. Grandparents and unwed fathers do not have standing.

Florida Statute section 768.18:

"Survivors" means the decedent's spouse, children, parents, and, when partly or wholly dependent on the decedent for support or services, any blood relatives and adoptive brothers and sisters. It includes the child born out of wedlock of a mother, but not the child born out of wedlock of the father unless the father has recognized a responsibility for the child's support.

Nobody can go after her in a civil suit. Nobody would have standing to sue Casey for Caylee's death. Only "survivors" can sue. Grandparents and unwed fathers do not have standing.

Florida Statute section 768.18:

"Survivors" means the decedent's spouse, children, parents, and, when partly or wholly dependent on the decedent for support or services, any blood relatives and adoptive brothers and sisters. It includes the child born out of wedlock of a mother, but not the child born out of wedlock of the father unless the father has recognized a responsibility for the child's support.

Hmm. Sounds like Caylee's grandparents WOULD qualify, since they are blood relatives upon whom the decedent was dependent for support (wholly).

Hmm. Sounds like Caylee's grandparents WOULD qualify, since they are blood relatives upon whom the decedent was dependent for support (wholly).

No, that refers to being dependent on the decedent. So, if the grandparents were killed, Caylee could have sued, since she was dependent on them for support. It doesn't work the other way around. The grandparents were not dependent on Caylee for support.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back